No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Firearms Safety Course [Re: Getting There] #7271434
05/24/21 03:17 PM
05/24/21 03:17 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Getting There
The number of people hunting and fishing is getting less and less. We have more single parents than any time in history.
There are fewer dad's teaching our youth to hunt and teach the gun safety!
I would like to see a coarse in gun safety in our schools. Not just hunting gun safety. Class would cover, pistols, revolvers, all the different shot guns, all the different type of rifles. All the different ammo and loads. Different type of bullets and shot loads.
Don't forget black powder. How to handle all types of guns and rifles. When done with the coarse go out and shoot them all.
Some of your youth do not know or understand how firearms work. I feel the coarse would greatly reduce the number of your youth
that accidently shoot each other. JMO OK go at it.

the number of youth who accidently get shot is incredibly low 15yo and under are about 133 a year nation wide we don't know how many under age are the shooter , maybe half of that maybe less

while it isn't being taught in schools in most places , 4-H has a program and it may not be so in every state however in WI all you need to be eligible for participation in the shooting sports program / project is belong to a Youth organization , girl scouts , boy scouts , church youth group , they may have to pay an extra 5-10 dollars in insurance cost to participate vs the 4-H member who pay dues to covers insurance. call your county extension office to see what is available in your county.

4-H can't cover everything , however it is good instruction time and kids learn muzzle control on a line of other shooters between hunters ed and 4-H for hours of experience under instruction they should be able to be very safe

rifle , air rifle , pistol , air pistol , muzzle loader , shotgun and archery are current disciplines offered not all are offered everywhere

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Firearms Safety Course [Re: MySide 🦝] #7271447
05/24/21 03:30 PM
05/24/21 03:30 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Encourage your friends to get theirs done as well. Gun safety is important for a lot of reasons and in my mind one of them is this: The harder the anti's ratchet it up, the more important that we don't mess up. By being responsible gun owners we deny them the argument that anyone not in active military or law enforcement is not safe owning firearms.

Example: I am not huge on lockin doors but b/c I keep some items magneted under the steering wheel and cased up in the back seat, I have made it a point to lock up my truck if I am going any further away than the tool box in the bed.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Firearms Safety Course [Re: MySide 🦝] #7271533
05/24/21 05:06 PM
05/24/21 05:06 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
LL, I wish just being responsible gun owners was enough to keep the Gun Grabbers at bay.

it is not , it is already safer than crossing in the crosswalk.
(we should be extremely responsible )

they get us by distorting the truth

why would you only keep track of mortality numbers for 15-24 year olds if you didn't need 18-24 year olds to make the numbers higher

why not have the data record actual under 18 and not try and pretend you are a youth till you are 25

486 accidental deaths in the US in a year across all age groups 133 are 0-15yo

we get blamed for every homicide and every suicide in the data used

about 500 rifles are used in any death annually that is any rifle 22 or 50 cal so what do the politician's go after , rifles.

10500 homicides if 500 rifles are used in all deaths then less than 500 are used in homicides yet , we want your rifles

politicians are not afraid to let people die or of people killing each other they are afraid the American public is going to hit the reset button on them.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 05/24/21 05:06 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Firearms Safety Course [Re: MySide 🦝] #7271536
05/24/21 05:08 PM
05/24/21 05:08 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

I agree 100%- I just wish the facts mattered more and folks would start tellin radicals to stick their darn feelings where the sun will never hit them

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Firearms Safety Course [Re: MySide 🦝] #7271552
05/24/21 05:42 PM
05/24/21 05:42 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
WTG!, Can never have too much training. Safety First, Last and Always!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread