No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: loosegoose] #7293407
06/25/21 08:06 AM
06/25/21 08:06 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by loosegoose
So, if the government can force you *not to* put something in your own body......can they force you *to* put something in your body?

Again, you are missing the point. It's not how it's affecting them. It's the burden it places on society and the people that actually contribute.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: Finster] #7293410
06/25/21 08:11 AM
06/25/21 08:11 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Finster
So, if the government can force you *not to* put something in your own body......can they force you *to* put something in your body?

Again, you are missing the point. It's not how it's affecting them. It's the burden it places on society and the people that actually contribute.

Okay.....so some people (not me) would make the argument that if you don't get.the coronavirus vaccine, it places a burden on society and puts other people in danger, because they could get sick from you. So, since not getting the vaccine doesn't affect just you, and could cause harm to other people,why can't the government force you to take it?

That's the same basic argument being used against drug legalization in reverse....drug use doesn't affect just you and could cause other people harm, therefore you can't put them into your body. Not getting the vaccine doesn't affect just you and could cause other people harm, therefore you have to put it into your body.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293412
06/25/21 08:12 AM
06/25/21 08:12 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
So lets put a stop to it. I'm tired of losing government support of my freedom over dope fiends. Prison isnt working. Execution might. Especially if done with public hanging.

Crimminals are threatening to cost government recognition of my right to be armed. Its gotten pretty close. Mostly they are killing each other for drug related buisness disputes. Lets hang them too.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293417
06/25/21 08:17 AM
06/25/21 08:17 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Online content
trapper
Blaine County  Online Content
trapper

Geez. Not again.

Let's ban alcohol. Surely there are more drunks than meth addicts.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293421
06/25/21 08:21 AM
06/25/21 08:21 AM
Blaine County Online content
trapper
Blaine County  Online Content
trapper

Loose, interesting angle on the vaccine.

But get ready for the YouTube "based studies" that the Covid vaccine is not a vaccine, covid is not that bad and something about Bill Gates.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: ] #7293426
06/25/21 08:31 AM
06/25/21 08:31 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by Twolines
Seattle Portland and most of the west coast is garbage now. DWC is correct but left out the pills....these geniuses are crushing pain killers and smoking them too.

Actually we are both kinda wrong. Not much heroin or oxy anymore-its all fentanyl. Crushed “m30” pills. Theyre droppin like flies. Thank Mexico and our amazing border efforts for that. The war on drugs is really just a war with Mexico fought in our own country.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: DWC] #7293427
06/25/21 08:35 AM
06/25/21 08:35 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by DWC
Originally Posted by Twolines
Seattle Portland and most of the west coast is garbage now. DWC is correct but left out the pills....these geniuses are crushing pain killers and smoking them too.

Actually we are both kinda wrong. Not much heroin or oxy anymore-its all fentanyl. Crushed “m30” pills. Theyre droppin like flies. Thank Mexico and our amazing border efforts for that. The war on drugs is really just a war with Mexico fought in our own country.

A war fueled by China as they make the fentanyl.

[Linked Image]
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293428
06/25/21 08:36 AM
06/25/21 08:36 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
But such is the way of things with "victimless crimes".

[Linked Image]
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: loosegoose] #7293433
06/25/21 08:42 AM
06/25/21 08:42 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Okay.....so some people (not me) would make the argument that if you don't get.the coronavirus vaccine, it places a burden on society and puts other people in danger, because they could get sick from you. So, since not getting the vaccine doesn't affect just you, and could cause harm to other people,why can't the government force you to take it?

That's the same basic argument being used against drug legalization in reverse....drug use doesn't affect just you and could cause other people harm, therefore you can't put them into your body. Not getting the vaccine doesn't affect just you and could cause other people harm, therefore you have to put it into your body.

Apples and oranges. Not taking an vaccine is wholly different than using hard drugs. Not getting a China flu vaccine i will not.
1. Make you steal to support the habit
2. Burden the courts with various crimes committed to support the habit.
3. Make you homeless.
4. Make you unemployable.
5, Commit violent crimes.
6. Make you mentally unstable.
7. Destroy family relationships.
That's just off the top of my head. It remains to be seen if it would even tax the healthcare system very much like drugs do. There are no real numbers of how many people were affected with the flu and how many really died from it since they were cooking the books all along. The argument is moot.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293441
06/25/21 08:52 AM
06/25/21 08:52 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Just let them do the drugs but down the road everyone else down the road will pay for it one way or another they become parasites living off of society and sucking the life out of it directly and indirectly. The ticks on your dog don’t bother you but you surely want to get rid of them ASAP.

This constant talk of people just doing what they want and the idea others won’t be picking up their slack is shortsighted and stupid.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293444
06/25/21 08:54 AM
06/25/21 08:54 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Law Dog you been in "the war on drugs". What do you think needs to be done?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: Finster] #7293445
06/25/21 08:57 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Apples and oranges. Not taking an vaccine is wholly different than using hard drugs. Not getting a China flu vaccine i will not.
1. Make you steal to support the habit
2. Burden the courts with various crimes committed to support the habit.
3. Make you homeless.
4. Make you unemployable.
5, Commit violent crimes.
6. Make you mentally unstable.
7. Destroy family relationships.
That's just off the top of my head. It remains to be seen if it would even tax the healthcare system very much like drugs do. There are no real numbers of how many people were affected with the flu and how many really died from it since they were cooking the books all along. The argument is moot.

Okay, so then you'd support a ban on alcohol then? We all know the problems alcohol causes. Alcohol causes people to commit all kinds of crimes, makes people homeless, makes them unemployable, makes them mentally unstable, and destroys family relationships. And, alcohol kills about 95k every year. Opioids kill about 45k. That's right.....alcohol kills twice as many as that garbage mentioned in the OP. So, if your argument against drugs is the detrimental effect it has on society, surely then, you would agree that alcohol must be banned ad well.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/25/21 08:59 AM.
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: Law Dog] #7293446
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Just let them do the drugs but down the road everyone else down the road will pay for it one way or another they become parasites living off of society and sucking the life out of it directly and indirectly. The ticks on your dog don’t bother you but you surely want to get rid of them ASAP.

This constant talk of people just doing what they want and the idea others won’t be picking up their slack is shortsighted and stupid.

Do you support mandatory seat belt laws and motorcycle helmet laws? I'm sure you saw the carnage caused by lack of seatbelts and helmets in your line of work.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/25/21 08:58 AM.
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: loosegoose] #7293447
06/25/21 09:10 AM
06/25/21 09:10 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Okay, so then you'd support a ban on alcohol then? We all know the problems alcohol causes. Alcohol causes people to commit all kinds of crimes, makes people homeless, makes them unemployable, makes them mentally unstable, and destroys family relationships. And, alcohol kills about 95k every year. Opioids kill about 45k. That's right.....alcohol kills twice as many as that garbage mentioned in the OP. So, if your argument against drugs is the detrimental effect it has on society, surely then, you would agree that alcohol must be banned ad well.

Well, at least this argument is a little closer. However, still not a good one. Plenty of people drink and don't commit crimes. Plenty of people have a few beers or a couple glasses of wine and it's not a big deal and it affects no one. The same cannot be said in regards to heroine, meth and other hard drugs. who smokes a pipe full of meth with dinner? Who just injects a little heroine and stops? For those that abuse alcohol and do things under the influence that are wrong, there are laws against it just like other drugs. Again, it's a closer argument but again pretty much a moot point unless you are talking about a flaming alcoholic. Even then, it is much more recoverable than being addicted to hard drugs with a better chance of survival. Having a few beers or a couple glasses of wine is a far cry from sticking a needle in your arm.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: danny clifton] #7293450
06/25/21 09:16 AM
06/25/21 09:16 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by danny clifton

If the idiots stayed in their own homes and did not become the problem I’d say go for it but the lions share of a LEOs work is drug and alcohol related because it has a impact on others around them. Just look at the beer cans tossed out on the roads as a example of something that is stupid that could be done at home but now becomes a issue. Now add drunk driving to that in some cases and it’s a public danger, every drunk thinks they are sober.

As far as seatbelts go I’m not a big fan but let me ask you goose if your body weight is flying around in a rollover or other accident could you stop the momentum of your weight from crushing others in that vehicle? What would do to a woman or child impacted by that weight be it 150 or 300 pounds coming at them? I’m was never a ticket writer but if you had a kid not in a car seat and not wearing a seat belt we had a talk then, if you were a adult it never came up go for it. Helmets the same it’s a matter of choice but the kids better have one on the roads.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: Finster] #7293453
06/25/21 09:19 AM
06/25/21 09:19 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Well, at least this argument is a little closer. However, still not a good one. Plenty of people drink and don't commit crimes. Plenty of people have a few beers or a couple glasses of wine and it's not a big deal and it affects no one. The same cannot be said in regards to heroine, meth and other hard drugs. who smokes a pipe full of meth with dinner? Who just injects a little heroine and stops? For those that abuse alcohol and do things under the influence that are wrong, there are laws against it just like other drugs. Again, it's a closer argument but again pretty much a moot point unless you are talking about a flaming alcoholic. Even then, it is much more recoverable than being addicted to hard drugs with a better chance of survival. Having a few beers or a couple glasses of wine is a far cry from sticking a needle in your arm.

You and I might be able to handle our alcohol just fine, sure. But that doesn't change the fact that it kills 95k a year, and causes all kinds of societal ills. The CDC estimates that alcohol abuse and injuries cost.tbe US 249 billion dollars a year. And alcohol is a class 1 carcinogen proven to cause cancer. So even if you're not a flaming alcoholic, we're still doing damage to our bodies every time we drink. So, while your argument that not all alcohol users are addicts is true, the fact remains that alcohol causes more problems in the US than drugs, even if it's just because more people use alcohol than hard drugs. I know of several alcoholics that get rip roaring drunk every night. I can only think of 3 drug addicts that I know, one of which is dead.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/25/21 09:26 AM.
Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293454
06/25/21 09:20 AM
06/25/21 09:20 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
All sin will continue until Christ comes again - it will get worse. Those of you sticking around after the rapture ain't seen nothing yet.......establish all the programs, payments, schemes, schisms you want but until this country gets right before the Lord - it isn't going to make diddly squat of a difference.

An alcoholic seeks something........a drug addict seeks something........a thief seeks something.......a murderer seeks something.......an adulterer seeks something

We all must be born again to have hope.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293456
06/25/21 09:21 AM
06/25/21 09:21 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by danny clifton

If the idiots stayed in their own homes and did not become the problem I’d say go for it but the lions share of a LEOs work is drug and alcohol related because it has a impact on others around them. Just look at the beer cans tossed out on the roads as a example of something that is stupid that could be done at home but now becomes a issue. Now add drunk driving to that in some cases and it’s a public danger, every drunk thinks they are sober.

As far as seatbelts go I’m not a big fan but let me ask you goose if your body weight is flying around in a rollover or other accident could you stop the momentum of your weight from crushing others in that vehicle? What would do to a woman or child impacted by that weight be it 150 or 300 pounds coming at them? I’m was never a ticket writer but if you had a kid not in a car seat and not wearing a seat belt we had a talk then, if you were a adult it never came up go for it. Helmets the same it’s a matter of choice but the kids better have one on the roads.

I always wear seatbelts, and make everyone in the vehicle do it too. But I don't think it should be a legal requirement.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293458
06/25/21 09:26 AM
06/25/21 09:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
So what should be done about drug addicts Jerry?? Prison is not working. Drugs are available. Drugs are easier to find right now than 22 ammo. The war on drugs is lost at this point. The campaign to stop tobacco addiction has a better success rate. By a huge margin.

Re: Educate Me On Drugs [Re: andrews1958] #7293462
06/25/21 09:33 AM
06/25/21 09:33 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Alcohol and drugs change behaviors and seldom for the better depending on use and body make up. Fought with a lot of idiots on Saturday night that were good people on Sunday morning and felt stupid for playing the fool. The only issue is the same thing happened the following weekends until they put a stop to it with accountability from court intervention.

I’ve seen good people lose everything good in their lives like jobs, family and keep drinking, seen UAs that looked like motor oils from a 2 month binge. It’s not the use of drugs and alcohol it’s the abuse that’s the problem.

Jerry Herbst
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread