No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7370899
10/04/21 08:13 AM
10/04/21 08:13 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Sent with prayer.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7371160
10/04/21 01:58 PM
10/04/21 01:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Up date. Went to the doc this morning. They took blood did an EKG and adding more testing if insurance will approve it.

They wrote me off work tell the 14th pending test results. So I canceled my vacation days I had scheduled and will use them later in the year. Nice now I can spend the time with my family and it's hunting season. BUT. I'm not allowed to drive, be off the ground, or do anything strenuous:(

I guess I will need to talk my 19 year old daughter and not going with us for our planed out of state youth deer hunt to drive. No stand hunting either will be different but no to bad we hunt off the ground a lot. So I think I can make the trip still work out maybe? I'm sure I can get my friends that live down there to help with heavy work if needed. Wenches are a great tool also.

Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7372145
10/05/21 06:56 PM
10/05/21 06:56 PM
Idaho
S
Salthunter Offline
trapper
Salthunter  Offline
trapper
S

Idaho
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Thanks guys. I'm far from done that for sure was just having a rough night at work compounded by the fact 2 guys called in and the ot guys that replaced them did a good job sleeping in a chair instead of working. So I took care of everything. Not worth the Hassel of having to tell guys 60 years old to do their job.

I was still able to pack my 11 year olds deer out about 3/4 mile last weekend on my shoulders. I did bust my phone when I fell on it on the rock shelf creek though. I figured it was easier than walking back out for the deer cart and fighting it both ways through the thick brush and down the creek. But I was feeling great that weekend. I found out im out of shape though. I'm 41 if anyone was wondering.

Ive had my own issues with health and my legs , well other parts too.

I use to blame freezing my feet in 1979..

In reality I just started to noitice my periphiaral nerves have never done well. Never could play music , or type,

We have what we have.
Nerologist said I shouldnt have been walking since 2017. Made three trips in and out; dead on 2 miles each way, 40-45lbs each time 600 foot elevation gain 800 down ( Ok it was a real nice cattle trail )
I need treking poles for balance,
Only spent 3 nights at home in September,
Life goes on

Work hard play hard
Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7372177
10/05/21 07:28 PM
10/05/21 07:28 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

You could see a therapist but do be careful of which one!

[Linked Image]

Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7372310
10/05/21 09:09 PM
10/05/21 09:09 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
My wife was diagnosed with MS in 95. She is just now having some issues with balance and leg stuff. Her feet are numb. She still tries to go to work, but it's becoming more and more difficult to work 12 hour shifts in an ER as a nurse when you are short staffed, and can't sit down much.

There are a few books on the subject. One is called "Living with MS". It is a good book and you can let your wife and kids read it so they know what you are going through.

My wife gets fatigued very easily. So us walking for any distance is well planned out for her to be able to sit down every 5-10 minutes. Start doing crossword puzzles, word searches, etc etc etc. Anything to keep your mind working.

This is all dependent on you getting a definitive diagnosis. Like was said above, find a neurologist that specializes in MS. Most GP's don't have the knowledge to deal with MS.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Been in denial. [Re: Providence Farm] #7372335
10/05/21 09:26 PM
10/05/21 09:26 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
My experience with my wife mirrors what Elkaholic posted and I would echo his advice about a good Neurologist who really knows their stuff with MS.

My wife "runs out of gas" as we call it quickly now and we have adjusted our life to cope with frequent rests and what is sometimes deep fatigue. We are still very active, happy, and do many things that others do not do, but we have learned to adjust to her pace, and that is just fine. She quit working in 2001 and while at times it has been tough financially, we adjusted and have absolutely no regrets about that move. She drives, goes shopping, goes fishing and hunting with me, and more often than some would imagine we joke about MS. It feels good to look MS in the face and laugh it out of the moment we are enjoying.

At first she was very scared of what the future would bring and for a while was in denial, too. She would not get a Disabled tag for the car nor would she buy a walker for several years. That kind of stuff is out there for folks that still want to engage in the good parts of life and help folks get by the specter of being beaten by MS. Use them when you need to.

Her life changed, our life changed, but we will not let MS beat us. I am in my late 60's, she's in her mid-60's now and we are planning a long, happy life together. MS be danged.

Moosetrot

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread