No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7380975
10/17/21 10:46 AM
10/17/21 10:46 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Boco, I realize you like to say ignorant stuff just to see who bites, but to me this is serious. Especially the claim that 10,000 is missing. When you can not trust L.E. its a bad problem.

How can possessing money be a crime? How can private property be confiscated without a warrant?

Wrong-I tell it like it is without a sugar coating.
People like you are the same as the BLM bunch-You are anti law enforcement and would love nothing more than to see the cops ability to do their job curtailed or eliminated so you can get away with whatever you can that is a detriment to social order.
Civil society has rules-you have a responsibility in a democratic society to follow the rules set out by the people for the people.
Either that or exercise your option to vote to change rules you dont agree with-if you have a legitimate opposition to laws you should have no trouble lobying your fellow aggrieved citizens to effect change.
Whining wont do it-organizing in solidarity will.

Last edited by Boco; 10/17/21 10:52 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7380981
10/17/21 10:57 AM
10/17/21 10:57 AM
NW Oklahoma
O
Okie Farmer Offline
trapper
Okie Farmer  Offline
trapper
O

NW Oklahoma
Carrying that much cash through a drug corridor isn't wise.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7380983
10/17/21 10:58 AM
10/17/21 10:58 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Vote?

Have you been paying attention?

[Linked Image]
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381009
10/17/21 11:39 AM
10/17/21 11:39 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Teepee, since everybody and his brother has a printer I wont take a cashiers check. If I dont know someone its cash or no deal.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381011
10/17/21 11:43 AM
10/17/21 11:43 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Boco, its already illegal to seize property without a warrant. The supremes refuse to do their job and back it up. I understand that being raised in a monarchy is different than what people in a constitutional republic expect. We put the burden of proof on L.E. not the accused. Somehow though we keep inching closer to a monarchy as well.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381016
10/17/21 11:47 AM
10/17/21 11:47 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You mean in England?
I live in Canada-no monarchy here.Parliamentary democracy.That seems to be a common misconception you yankees have about Canada-sort of like your misconception about what bacon here is.
The USA is also democratic,no matter what you want to call it.As is the Republic of Ireland.

Last edited by Boco; 10/17/21 11:52 AM.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381025
10/17/21 12:13 PM
10/17/21 12:13 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The misconception is yours. Your prime minister is REQUIRED to take an oath of loyalty and obedience to the British monarchy the same as the Taoiseach in Ireland.

It doesn't matter. The burden of proof in the United States is on the government in all criminal proceedings

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381042
10/17/21 12:32 PM
10/17/21 12:32 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Things do change. Every time I had to appear for jury duty I have been asked if I would believe a police officer’s testimony over a defendant’s or something to that effect, my answer has been yes. If I had jury duty tomorrow the answer to that question would be no. I guess that’s progress.

-Goofy-
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: Boco] #7381052
10/17/21 12:50 PM
10/17/21 12:50 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
How far back does one have to go and keep receipts for? If I sell my traps or portable welder without making a profit it would add up to a fair amount. If I was on the way to the bank and get stopped they can confiscate without a warrant. By the time one fights it in court I have to pay the lawyer win, lose or draw. I would still end up loosing on the deal even if i win. That to me is NOT a just law.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: Drifter] #7381069
10/17/21 01:15 PM
10/17/21 01:15 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Drifter
How far back does one have to go and keep receipts for? If I sell my traps or portable welder without making a profit it would add up to a fair amount. If I was on the way to the bank and get stopped they can confiscate without a warrant. By the time one fights it in court I have to pay the lawyer win, lose or draw. I would still end up loosing on the deal even if i win. That to me is NOT a just law.

Absolutly Pete! The problem is, most laws are being written to give someone power instead of even thinking about the "just" part. Things must change in this country.....and soon!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: Boco] #7381089
10/17/21 01:57 PM
10/17/21 01:57 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Boco
Boco, I realize you like to say ignorant stuff just to see who bites, but to me this is serious. Especially the claim that 10,000 is missing. When you can not trust L.E. its a bad problem.

How can possessing money be a crime? How can private property be confiscated without a warrant?

Wrong-I tell it like it is without a sugar coating.
People like you are the same as the BLM bunch-You are anti law enforcement and would love nothing more than to see the cops ability to do their job curtailed or eliminated so you can get away with whatever you can that is a detriment to social order.
Civil society has rules-you have a responsibility in a democratic society to follow the rules set out by the people for the people.
Either that or exercise your option to vote to change rules you dont agree with-if you have a legitimate opposition to laws you should have no trouble lobying your fellow aggrieved citizens to effect change.
Whining wont do it-organizing in solidarity will.

Boco, can you tell us what crime these two men committed? After all, the job of law enforcement is to enforce laws. You seem to be saying that those of us opposed to civil asset forfeiture want to see "cops ability to do their job curtailed or eliminated so you can get away with whatever you can".....your words exactly. So what crime did these cops prevent? And if they committed this crime, why aren't they sitting in prison? Did the cops do their job poorly if they think these men committed a crime, but didn't arrest them for it?

Last edited by loosegoose; 10/17/21 01:58 PM.
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381100
10/17/21 02:22 PM
10/17/21 02:22 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You need to read your own law book for the answer.
If they are cleared they will get their money back-no need to arrest them until the investigation is over if they cannot account for the large sum of suspicious cash and it turns out to be illbegotten..

Last edited by Boco; 10/17/21 02:23 PM.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7381103
10/17/21 02:29 PM
10/17/21 02:29 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by Drifter

Absolutly Pete! The problem is, most laws are being written to give someone power instead of even thinking about the "just" part. Things must change in this country.....and soon!

Here it is 7 years.
I doubt you would be carrying a 100 grand around in your pocket from the sale of stuff 7 years ago.lol.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: KeithC] #7381107
10/17/21 02:32 PM
10/17/21 02:32 PM
West Central GA
J
JBR Offline
trapper
JBR  Offline
trapper
J

West Central GA
Originally Posted by KeithC
"Adding insult to injury, they contend that the amount the sheriff’s office says it confiscated – $131,500 – is actually $10,000 short of the total they had in their car that day."

https://www.necn.com/news/national-...with-police-taking-all-his-cash/6534620/

Keith

If they’re going to lie about what happened they might as well go ahead and make it a whopper

Last edited by JBR; 10/17/21 02:33 PM.

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." Song of Solomon 2:15
Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381109
10/17/21 02:37 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The misconception is yours. Your prime minister is REQUIRED to take an oath of loyalty and obedience to the British monarchy the same as the Taoiseach in Ireland.

It doesn't matter. The burden of proof in the United States is on the government in all criminal proceedings

Hogwash-has nothing to do with governance-just tradition and roots of our country,and proud of our heritage here unlike you.And we also make land acknowlegemnts to the FN in respect of their contribution to our country-has nothing to do with governance.Also it keeps the frenchmen upset so that is also a bonus of holding on to our British colonizers,explorers and Bay men fur trade heritage here in Canada. And the republic of Ireland has nothing to do with England at all-enemys.

Last edited by Boco; 10/17/21 02:38 PM.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381110
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
4th amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

5th amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

People are not supposed to "account" for anything. The burden of proof is on L.E.

I keep thinking there is going to be some killing over this. There are people in this country who dont like banks and won't sit back without retaliation when their cash is stolen.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381112
10/17/21 02:44 PM
10/17/21 02:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
4th amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

5th amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

People are not supposed to "account" for anything. The burden of proof is on L.E.

I keep thinking there is going to be some killing over this. There are people in this country who dont like banks and won't sit back without retaliation when their cash is stolen.

That old written stuff isnt followed anymore in your country.You have lost the connection with your roots.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381115
10/17/21 02:46 PM
10/17/21 02:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Finally Boco. Something we agree on.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381116
10/17/21 02:48 PM
10/17/21 02:48 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Boco that old written stuff as you want to call it is are Bill of Rights
Something you Canadians know nothing about
You Sir need a history lesson on your own country.

Re: cash is still illegal [Re: danny clifton] #7381117
10/17/21 02:49 PM
10/17/21 02:49 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
People are focused on the fact that those things were only for white people. We need to bring those rights back into focus today for ALL Americans. Just because our ancestors were human with human flaws, doesn't mean we toss out all the truly magnificent things they accomplished.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread