No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410669
11/21/21 05:04 AM
11/21/21 05:04 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Never said I was. But current law needs some way to stop straw purchases, I guess. What if Drifter was a felon?

I mean, I know he's NOT--but what if?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410672
11/21/21 05:12 AM
11/21/21 05:12 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yes Ang. It is obviously not being enforced especially by our Kansas City Democrat governor. Governors get voted on here in KS between presidential elections. The big D vote comes from Lawrence Salina Olathe, Overland Park Leawood. Kansas City.

Farmers and other rural people are almost 100% big R. Its not the first time we got a liberal governor because big R failed to get out the vote.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: James] #7410673
11/21/21 05:13 AM
11/21/21 05:13 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
Never said I was. But current law needs some way to stop straw purchases, I guess. What if Drifter was a felon?

I mean, I know he's NOT--but what if?

Jim

What if he was? Why should I not have the right to defend myself due to his choices? It's my understanding that under the current gun laws I should not be able to own a gun if he was a felon, and that's BS. Now, if he took my gun and committed a crime... OK, maybe THEN I could be liable, but otherwise, it's a violation of my 2nd Amendment rights to deny me a purchase or possession of a gun for a crime I didn't commit.

Personally, I think once a person serves his time in prison for a felony committed, his gun rights should be restored to him. But, that's a whole horse of another color.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410674
11/21/21 05:14 AM
11/21/21 05:14 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What if? What if we depended on our penal system to give us some measure of protection from dangerous thugs? Leaving dangerous people in prison rather than releasing them? I really figured you agreed with me that the straw purchase law does not protect anyone form anybody.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410721
11/21/21 08:32 AM
11/21/21 08:32 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
What if? What if we depended on our penal system to give us some measure of protection from dangerous thugs? Leaving dangerous people in prison rather than releasing them? I really figured you agreed with me that the straw purchase law does not protect anyone form anybody.

No it dose not. Thats why you buy from privet sellers. But they can't have that thats why they want all transfers to require a backgroung check. Got to have records of every transfer don't you know. But no those records are not kept. If you believe that.

Its all bs. All gun control and laws are illegal.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 11/21/21 08:33 AM.
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410772
11/21/21 09:22 AM
11/21/21 09:22 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
I think your right on target.

MO recently passed a 2nd amendment protection act. Like KS, its a felony to enforce federal gun law. Just like in KS the thugs at ATF needed a scapegoat to show who really has authority. I am hoping that unlike KS the state of MO steps up and arrests all those thugs. Refuses to to allow them to transport Skelton to Kansas City for trial.

Put me on the jury and the one in trouble in this case is the female Federal Agent who lied when she filled out the forms. In doing so, she committed a felony and gets to go to jail for it. They can't have it both ways.

BTW, I checked, and Ike Skelton did have a son Ike......Capt. Ike Skelton, US Navy. If this guy at the Lake is one and the same, he is not chopped liver. Not a sacrificial pawn you just knock over. He would have connections and know his way around government and be able to put up a good fight.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410789
11/21/21 09:31 AM
11/21/21 09:31 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Ike Skelton was a Democrat. That may make a difference.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: HayDay] #7410847
11/21/21 10:27 AM
11/21/21 10:27 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by HayDay
I think your right on target.

MO recently passed a 2nd amendment protection act. Like KS, its a felony to enforce federal gun law. Just like in KS the thugs at ATF needed a scapegoat to show who really has authority. I am hoping that unlike KS the state of MO steps up and arrests all those thugs. Refuses to to allow them to transport Skelton to Kansas City for trial.

Put me on the jury and the one in trouble in this case is the female Federal Agent who lied when she filled out the forms. In doing so, she committed a felony and gets to go to jail for it. They can't have it both ways.

BTW, I checked, and Ike Skelton did have a son Ike......Capt. Ike Skelton, US Navy. If this guy at the Lake is one and the same, he is not chopped liver. Not a sacrificial pawn you just knock over. He would have connections and know his way around government and be able to put up a good fight.

Again, did I miss something? How did she lie?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410868
11/21/21 10:55 AM
11/21/21 10:55 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Issue is she filled out the forms. Then HE pulled out the cash and made the purchase. If gun shop got into trouble for selling to him, then she lied when she said the guns were for her. The trigger that set the whole set of events in motion was her filling out the forms.....if she was not going to be the buyer.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: HayDay] #7410872
11/21/21 11:02 AM
11/21/21 11:02 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Issue is she filled out the forms. Then HE pulled out the cash and made the purchase. If gun shop got into trouble for selling to him, then she lied when she said the guns were for her. The trigger that set the whole set of events in motion was her filling out the forms.....if she was not going to be the buyer.

And that is complete BS because MOST married couples have joint accounts! If I go into a store, whether for groceries, guns or clothes my husband always uses his card to pay if he's there. So if I go to buy a gun for myself to go shoot a deer tomorrow and my husband is the one who pays, that doesn't make it any less my gun because it's BOTH of ours money he's paying with! Same deal with cash... we both pool some cash in the gun safe. It's OUR money.... not his, not mine. If the female agent filled out the paperwork saying they were HER guns, and her male partner paid.... she did NOT lie!!!!!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410875
11/21/21 11:03 AM
11/21/21 11:03 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
In theory, this is no different than local cops sending an underage kid into a bar with a fake ID. Bar lets them in, serves them and gets in trouble. But what about the kid? Did they not break the law by presenting a fake ID? If one gets in trouble, they both do.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: HayDay] #7410878
11/21/21 11:05 AM
11/21/21 11:05 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
In theory, this is no different than local cops sending an underage kid into a bar with a fake ID. Bar lets them in, serves them and gets in trouble. But what about the kid? Did they not break the law by presenting a fake ID? If one gets in trouble, they both do.

Completely and entirely different!

Why would you assume the woman is buying the gun for the man just because the money came from his pocket?!?!?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: yotetrapper30] #7410880
11/21/21 11:09 AM
11/21/21 11:09 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

And that is complete BS because MOST married couples have joint accounts! If I go into a store, whether for groceries, guns or clothes my husband always uses his card to pay if he's there. So if I go to buy a gun for myself to go shoot a deer tomorrow and my husband is the one who pays, that doesn't make it any less my gun because it's BOTH of ours money he's paying with! Same deal with cash... we both pool some cash in the gun safe. It's OUR money.... not his, not mine. If the female agent filled out the paperwork saying they were HER guns, and her male partner paid.... she did NOT lie!!!!!

I'm in complete agreement. In your case you did nothing wrong. But if the Feds are going to setup a sting operation as they did.......and claim the gun shop broke the law........then this blows up in their face. The one that broke the law........the thing that set the whole thing up in the first place.......was the actions of their agents. If they are going to enforce a strict interpretation of the law, then it was them what broke it. She fries.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: HayDay] #7410882
11/21/21 11:11 AM
11/21/21 11:11 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

I've never understood this....how is that any different than if I buy a gun for my 10 year old son, and he pays for it with his own money that he earned? Would that make me or him a criminal?

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: yotetrapper30] #7410890
11/21/21 11:17 AM
11/21/21 11:17 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Completely and entirely different!

Why would you assume the woman is buying the gun for the man just because the money came from his pocket?!?!?

Because the Feds said so. This isn't about common sense as you are arguing. This is about this one single event. The entire premise of their sting operation was based on an entrapment lie. They sent the two of them in there to entrap the gun shop. The only way they could do that was for her to lie. It is their strict interpretation that allowed them to then send in a squad of goons to raid the place. So if you want to go with their version of the story.......then the one in trouble her is NOT the gun shop. It is their agents what lied to get to the entrapment. They cannot have it both ways.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410893
11/21/21 11:21 AM
11/21/21 11:21 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Goal of the Feds was a smack down of a gun shop. The blowback needs to come back onto them. The best way to do that is to make the agents what participated in this scam to pay the price. Lock up the agents and maybe they will think twice before they agree to do the next one.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: HayDay] #7410901
11/21/21 11:28 AM
11/21/21 11:28 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Because the Feds said so. This isn't about common sense as you are arguing. This is about this one single event. The entire premise of their sting operation was based on an entrapment lie. They sent the two of them in there to entrap the gun shop. The only way they could do that was for her to lie. It is their strict interpretation that allowed them to then send in a squad of goons to raid the place. So if you want to go with their version of the story.......then the one in trouble her is NOT the gun shop. It is their agents what lied to get to the entrapment. They cannot have it both ways.

No! That woman federal agent did NOT lie and did NOT break the law. Neither did the gun shop. The LAW is broken and this case exemplifies it! Don't try to pin this on an agent just doing her job.... pin it on the root cause.... an unconstitutional law!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410904
11/21/21 11:36 AM
11/21/21 11:36 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
The law may be broken, but they are enforcing it. Gun shop guy is out about $200,000 in inventory as it stands today. Unless something changes, it will stand and continue to be enforced. Fastest way to get rid of it is for this to blow up in the Feds face. If they are going to enforce a strict interpretation of what took place, then so be it. They (Feds) broke the law. They (Feds) are the one's in trouble. Enforce that and the law either gets changed......or neutered.

Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410907
11/21/21 11:39 AM
11/21/21 11:39 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
With no regard to the precedent it sets? Ok, just buckle down and take it from behind then.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ATF fun in Missouri [Re: danny clifton] #7410908
11/21/21 11:41 AM
11/21/21 11:41 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
BTW, I have not gone back to review the tape. Not sure if these two represented themselves as husband and wife, or just left it as a guy and a gal who walked through the door together. Seems it would make a difference.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread