No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419635
12/01/21 06:03 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
When I was in high school if you got a new gun 3 or 4 teachers and half of the student body would fully expect you to park between the HS and the cafeteria building so they could check it out after they had finished their lunch.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419638
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
The kid did wrong no doubt !!
But this is no place for a trial !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: coondagger2] #7419641
12/01/21 06:07 PM
12/01/21 06:07 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by coondagger2
I don't think you all are getting my point. It's all good and well you were raised that way. That's great! This kid obviously was not raised that way. I was told I was ignorant for saying his parenting contributed to this. Then you all say that your parenting allowed guns to be out and about in your houses growing up. Do you see the contradiction....?

If this kid would have been taught by a parent or some guardian that guns were not toys and they were meant to be handled properly 4 families would still have their children. But I'm the ignorant one

He knew what he was doing and made the decision. So if you aren't going to teach him the rules of the roads with guns, at least lock them up. That's all I'm trying to say

you are correct obviously this young person was not raised that way.

I am not saying you are ignorant , but if a person has a will to kill they will.

thinking that a lock and key will save everyone is not really true some times it may many times it is just a temporary inconvenience

would it have stopped it , maybe , or maybe they would have found another way , where there is a will there is a way.

I am fairly certain that he knew it was not a toy , there would have been no question after shooting the first person , but went on to kill some or all of the people he intended.

he clearly new it was a powerful tool and chose to use it as such

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/01/21 06:08 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419677
12/01/21 06:41 PM
12/01/21 06:41 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
I've always had a gun where I ( key word I ) could access it. My kids always knew not to touch any firearm unless I was present. That being said I have locked every gun I own up at times if the kids had company or even grandkids coming over as I never want anything to happen that I could have prevented. ( my grand kids are all still pretty young most still under 8) I also locked everything up for almost a year when my youngest boy got his heart broke and was down in the dumps just to be on the safe side. Living out like I do some times it can be unnerving for younger people , I came home one night to my daughter (18) asleep on the couch with a frying pan clutched in her hands even tho she knew I kept a pistol in my dresser. When I asked her she said I wasn't there and she was going to throw the pan to give her time to get to my room if she needed to.

I'll pass this on as it has always stuck with me, in my first CCW class the DA started his talk by asking a question " When you were a kid where did your parents hide the X mass presents?" I knew where they hid them and where everything else was in my house was, guns included. Lock up what your not using ( yes protection is using in my definition ) or when you need to insure the safety of everyone in the household.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419682
12/01/21 06:52 PM
12/01/21 06:52 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Crumbley was featured in the local Oxford Leader newspaper back in 2017 when he spoke of an elementary school group project on poverty and hunger.

“I see people on the streets sometimes that are homeless and hungry, and so I feel like I should take action and help them,” he was quoted as saying.

Authorities said late Tuesday they were made aware of social media posts saying there had been threats of a shooting at Oxford, but the sheriff said they didn’t know about the rumors until after the attack.

An Instagram account bearing Crumbley’s name, which has since been deleted, had the phrase “’Now I am become Death, the destroyer of world’. See you tomorrow, Oxford” written in the biography section, according to Fox 2 Detroit.

SJW

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419685
12/01/21 06:58 PM
12/01/21 06:58 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I wonder if there's any significance to the use of the Hindu quote?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419686
12/01/21 07:00 PM
12/01/21 07:00 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Oppenheimer following the trinity test.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419689
12/01/21 07:01 PM
12/01/21 07:01 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Ok here's a question, kid took dad's gun and some are blaming the parents but what about the kids in the Phoenix school shooting, who do you blame in that one?

Kid was selling a gun to another kid. The buyer used fake money, the seller shot the buyer.

When do we hold teens responsible for their actions? The majority of teens know better they know right from wrong.

I say blame the dad and son IF the dad encouraged his son take and use the gun at school. Otherwise the teen is on his own.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: adam m] #7419693
12/01/21 07:07 PM
12/01/21 07:07 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by adam m
Ok here's a question, kid took dad's gun and some are blaming the parents but what about the kids in the Phoenix school shooting, who do you blame in that one?

Kid was selling a gun to another kid. The buyer used fake money, the seller shot the buyer.

When do we hold teens responsible for their actions? The majority of teens know better they know right from wrong.

I say blame the dad and son IF the dad encouraged his son take and use the gun at school. Otherwise the teen is on his own.

I originally didn't blame the parents but I am starting to a bit. The kid was posting pics all over social media of the gun before this happened. Under 21 you're not allowed to possess a handgun, period. If the father/parents KNEW the kid had the gun and was posting pics (he made it seem as if it was HIS gun) then yeah, they are liable. If the parents didn't know, then I wouldn't think they should be held liable, but the fact that they never noticed the gun missing for days or checked his social media makes them pretty crappy parents!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: adam m] #7419695
12/01/21 07:13 PM
12/01/21 07:13 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Back up a moment. No one here would be to strongly opposed if the kid swung by the neck until dead. The first circumstantial details are pointing to something hinky with a purchase by dad and evidently immediate possession by Jr. That needs to be explored and prosecuted if something criminal is found.
Any one of us can raise a bad seed but there's a line between doing everything within one's power and looking the other way or participating. It has yet to be determined where that line fell with this family.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419714
12/01/21 07:44 PM
12/01/21 07:44 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
I think some of you reminiscing about when you were growing up and having guns in the house, taking them to school to go hunt before or afterwards, showing them to teachers, etc., and now feeling comfortable with them openly around your kids, are probably 50 + YO. Your parents, most likely what are now referred to as the "Greatest Generation". They themselves grew up with REPONSIBILITIES during hard times, and World turmoil and then passed that "baton" to you. Hopefully YOU will do the same with your children. Remember though, YOU as a parent may still be judged by their actions throughout their lives. Such parental guidance and direction has, IMHO, been steadily declining since the early '60s.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: yotetrapper30] #7419715
12/01/21 07:45 PM
12/01/21 07:45 PM
Minnesota
M
MNTrapper21 Offline
trapper
MNTrapper21  Offline
trapper
M

Minnesota
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
7 hours later and still no news on the race of the shooter or victims.

Did notice he used a handgun and not a big bad AR though.

White kid, hopefully they throw the book at him

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419720
12/01/21 07:48 PM
12/01/21 07:48 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Google : Ethan Crumbley

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419724
12/01/21 07:52 PM
12/01/21 07:52 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Father just bought the gun?Sounds fishy,,I would like to know if there were already other guns in the house before hand.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: yotetrapper30] #7419727
12/01/21 07:54 PM
12/01/21 07:54 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I originally didn't blame the parents but I am starting to a bit. The kid was posting pics all over social media of the gun before this happened. Under 21 you're not allowed to possess a handgun, period. If the father/parents KNEW the kid had the gun and was posting pics (he made it seem as if it was HIS gun) then yeah, they are liable. If the parents didn't know, then I wouldn't think they should be held liable, but the fact that they never noticed the gun missing for days or checked his social media makes them pretty crappy parents!

You are not correct. At 18 you can get your hand gun permit in Indiana and many other states. On my 18th birthday I started my paperwork for mine. Yes you can carry a hand gun at 18 I did. My daughter sent her paperwork in at 18.

You can not buy a hand gun from a licensed dealer untill you are 21 but privet sells are ok along with gifts. Exampel dad can gift to son.

My kids have axcess to their guns. Rimfire, centerfire, shotguns, airguns, and know how to get and use the handguns. I feel sorry for those that dont have kids responsiable enought to grab a gun and go hunting or run a trap line. And my kids have been doing so since they were 7.

Teach and give responsiability by doing and giving it to them. Now they treat 17 year olds like kids. Anyone remember when people got married and moved out on their own at 15. Now 30 year olds live in mom and dads basement and grandparrents are raising the grand kids in a lot of homes. The kids needed given responsiability and the ability to fail. Not mom and dad making sure everything goes well and is sucessful

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: SJA] #7419730
12/01/21 07:55 PM
12/01/21 07:55 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by SJA
I think some of you reminiscing about when you were growing up and having guns in the house, taking them to school to go hunt before or afterwards, showing them to teachers, etc., and now feeling comfortable with them openly around your kids, are probably 50 + YO. Your parents, most likely what are now referred to as the "Greatest Generation". They themselves grew up with REPONSIBILITIES during hard times, and World turmoil and then passed that "baton" to you. Hopefully YOU will do the same with your children. Remember though, YOU as a parent may still be judged by their actions throughout their lives. Such parental guidance and direction has, IMHO, been steadily declining since the early '60s.

Liked that.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: SJA] #7419731
12/01/21 07:56 PM
12/01/21 07:56 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by SJA

It may have been declining elsewhere but not everywhere.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: upstateNY] #7419734
12/01/21 07:58 PM
12/01/21 07:58 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Father just bought the gun?Sounds fishy,,I would like to know if there were already other guns in the house before hand.

Yes, according to news reports several long guns were taken from the home. Don't know if handguns were found.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419737
12/01/21 08:03 PM
12/01/21 08:03 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
That's why I said IF the dad knew of and or encouraged this shooting then he should also be held responsible. If not stop, blaming the dad.
Did the dad buy it as a gift, did the kid take it without permission?

How many parents on here go through their kids social media accounts on a regular or daily basis?

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: adam m] #7419738
12/01/21 08:04 PM
12/01/21 08:04 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
That's why I said IF the dad knew of and or encouraged this shooting then he should also be held responsible. If not stop, blaming the dad.
Did the dad buy it as a gift, did the kid take it without permission?

How many parents on here go through their kids social media accounts on a regular or daily basis?

I do

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread