No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: adventures in battery trouble [Re: Northof50] #7430464
12/13/21 04:20 PM
12/13/21 04:20 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Northof50
If you look they have a map of the zones in the USA and what their replacement covers.
Because of the heat = which fries batteries( melts the lead), more so than cold

Gone are the old days of the punch-out ledger on the battery with the sales date.

farm and fleet uses an eclectic pencil engraver to mark purchase date on the battery

heard them marking one when I was near the register not to long ago

I wrote the date on my new battery with the eclectic pencil also so that I would know at a glance how old it was this time.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/13/21 04:22 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: adventures in battery trouble [Re: wytex] #7430706
12/13/21 08:44 PM
12/13/21 08:44 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Originally Posted by wytex
Yeah well we bought a Walmart battery when the spouse's truck died in their parking lot during a raging snowstorm. Went in bought a new on and put it in without help from them, no start. Brand new battery was dead as a doornail. Went back in to get another, ask them to make sure it's charged and ready to go, no charge in it either. Picked a 3rd from the rack with a different date sticker on it and low and behold it had enough charge to start the truck.

usually there is a trickle charger on them so there is always a charge, but when they are on the floor..ie Wallyworld....that's an invite for a lawyer to make money,,,,,zappa

Re: adventures in battery trouble [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7430723
12/13/21 08:55 PM
12/13/21 08:55 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
paved parking lots in summer are great for frying batteries, heat rises to under the hood and because it's sound proofed
All that has to happen is the rising heat ( on the bottom of the battery) melts the lead and then shorts not giving you the X amount of volts

one of my Agri Engineer Profs did a study on battery life around covered building and battery longevity . A car port shading overhead sunlight extended battery life for 3 years.
Come to think of it; I think his real purpose was to drive around and meet single prairie girls and have return visits every summer. His slide lecture sure had a few Young ladies leaning over the hoods...checking the batteries. ( it was one lecture every year that was a DO NOT MISS)and the seats were always full.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread