No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Beaver Summer Sausage.. [Re: Macthediver] #7492084
02/11/22 08:57 AM
02/11/22 08:57 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its legal to sell fur bearer meat here. Slim pickins though. I have mentioned to a LOT of drivers and operators I work with that I trap and am willing to sell carcasses. The white guys who want a few expect them to be gifted and the black guys think I am insulting them. Used to have an old man that would come here and pick up coon carcasses then peddle them. I was fine with that. We both made a little. He died and I can not develop my own market so just quit trying. Like I said some people are truly offended. I could haul a freezer full down to AR or something but then who knows what all regulations would be involved? State and federal. My money is hard to get and I dont want to pay fines with it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Beaver Summer Sausage.. [Re: Macthediver] #7492457
02/11/22 03:27 PM
02/11/22 03:27 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Well I got to working on packing up my sausage for the freezer. Was going to just slice few half pound packs so be easy to grab go with. Then pack rest as half pound sticks slice when use it. Got to going on it and like the way it was working out. So I sliced the whole batch and packed it up that way.

So I give you beaver sausage in 8oz deli cut party pack. LOL The packages on left have cheddar cheese in the sausage. The ones on right have pepper jack cheese added in. The plain summer sausage which most of it is in the middle.

Land owners where I trapped the beavers. They're are going think I bought this at meat market. Told them I would drop some off for them to try when got it made. They say presentation is part of the perception of food quality. This sausage already tastes great far as I'm concerned. Now I got it pack up kinda pretty too. Hard part was sitting there with knife cutting it so nice 🙂
I may have eaten just few defective slices...

[Linked Image]

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Beaver Summer Sausage.. [Re: Macthediver] #7492498
02/11/22 04:07 PM
02/11/22 04:07 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Somebody’s got to do quality control.

Re: Beaver Summer Sausage.. [Re: Macthediver] #7492528
02/11/22 04:30 PM
02/11/22 04:30 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
It is legal to sell furbearer body parts in Oregon too...by the Oregon Fish & Wildlife Dept. But they're not the governing body that regulates sales of meats in our state. That is the Oregon Dept of Agriculture.

Farmer's Markets almost always require their vendors to have all the proper licenses and permits required to sell meats. You most likely are also required to have a minimum 1 million $$$ product liability policy in effect too.

I cringe at the idea of hearing my insurance agent contact the underwriters to see if I can buy a policy for selling wild rodent meat to the public. Mostly I cringe at what they might want to charge for said policy.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 02/11/22 04:31 PM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread