No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The internet and trapping [Re: IowaTrapper] #7496933
02/15/22 10:54 AM
02/15/22 10:54 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Its not just trapping topics there is a lot of foul stuff on guns and hunting that a lot of folks would think is offensive and does not serve the gun or hunting community.

Re: The internet and trapping [Re: IowaTrapper] #7496977
02/15/22 11:35 AM
02/15/22 11:35 AM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Speaking of videos, anyone hear from cat_trapper_nv ? He hasn’t posted in a while .

Re: The internet and trapping [Re: kinley31] #7497064
02/15/22 12:39 PM
02/15/22 12:39 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by kinley31

As far as your YouTube channel, when you say "as well as many people who...let's just say don't care for it." I think people have had enough of the self-promotion, and the "look what I can do"
persona. So when you write four paragraphs, some people are going to question your intentions. Are you really trying to promote the internet and it's potential positive effect on trapping, or are you trying to promote your YouTube channel?

Last year you had a video series on ITT, now you've gone exclusively to YouTube? I'll draw my own conclusion there. Not trying to beat you up, just asking fair questions.

Only people who do not know Justin personally could ever feel this way. He is as genuine and honest as the day is long. I have known him for a long time. There is no hidden agenda or self-promotion with him, just honestly trying to help people. He's always been modest and very receptive to advice. He's taken his time and done it the right way to learn and hone his trapping skills. He was catching 500-1000+ coons a season BEFORE he ever made a video. It's a concept that is hard for a lot of skeptical people to understand, they are always looking for the angle and why someone would do such a thing. It's not the "look what I can do" but more like "look what I can help you do" attitude he has.

Re: The internet and trapping [Re: IowaTrapper] #7497182
02/15/22 02:38 PM
02/15/22 02:38 PM
Iowa
I
IowaTrapper Offline OP
trapper
IowaTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

Iowa
Thanks ADC, I I appreciate the kind words.

I am not trying to make this thread about me or my channel, I'm simply saying we have to do better and connecting with youth to get more involved. Whether we admit it or not, overall as a trappers we are dying out..

I completely understand the mentality of not sharing or talking in fear of raising compitition, but there is so much knowledge and ideas that some will take to their graves because they don't want to share a secret, or an idea, or set that worked for them. We no longer have a trapper in every family, we are few and far between.

I should of called it social media and youtube, not internet, I appologize, I just hope those people with good information to share can find away to share it with our youth, even if that means reaching out to the locall FFA or 4H groups to offer help. I'm just saying most of these kids that are interested in trapping with nobody to help them, they look to youtube.

Re: The internet and trapping [Re: IowaTrapper] #7497270
02/15/22 04:59 PM
02/15/22 04:59 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I watch a lot of YouTube trapping videos and haven’t seen a dispatch yet. I have seen some I thought what the heck are they doing? And I’ve seen some I wish they would explain or show things more. I look at it as I might pick something up from everyone type of deal. I’m trying a new dirt hole this year with pretty good results. Nothing special, nothing I really share. Just something I wanted to try based off of the umpteen I’ve seen done and one that’s a little more weather proof.
What most here have to realize is not everyone has the same amount of critters others may have. Some of y’all catch 100 coyotes a season and call it a bad year. Some here trap ALL year and make their money off trapping and 100 coyotes is a record number. Most learn from trial and error, but a lot have learned from watching YouTube…good or bad. But I think it at least gives them a starting point.
I always find it odd that all those who bash, don’t have their own channel or offer any advice on the subject. Just because “your” way works for you, doesn’t mean it works for every one. Same with baits and lures.
I’ve tried filming some of my hunts, and I’d need a full time editor to produce one video and these guys spend a day on the line, then come back after taking care of business to produce a video to share. That takes dedication and a pile of time.

Re: The internet and trapping [Re: IowaTrapper] #7497304
02/15/22 05:34 PM
02/15/22 05:34 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
tired
20 + years
Trapperman.com has been "doing better" and growing the Trapping community.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread