No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Remington Settles [Re: Inveigle] #7497878
02/16/22 12:26 AM
02/16/22 12:26 AM
north Idaho
decoy Offline
trapper
decoy  Offline
trapper

north Idaho
A close friend of mine was Remington's expert witness at trials. He owned Ponsness reloaders.in Rathdrum Idaho.. He was paid plenty from the moment he walked out of his house.

Hunt with your Kids, not for them.
>>>----->

Re: Remington Settles [Re: beartooth trapr] #7497897
02/16/22 12:45 AM
02/16/22 12:45 AM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Sad deal in my opinion, just opened the door to more stupidity.
People be sueing over anything now.

Always could be sued over almost anything imo
But still have to prove it, but sometime it's like fish game ticket which one will cost more that's why there plea agreement. But you are right sad indeed

Kenneth schoening
Re: Remington Settles [Re: CaseXX] #7497927
02/16/22 02:05 AM
02/16/22 02:05 AM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by CaseXX
If my memory is correct it was 57 mil. I think. Plus all advertising docs. And procedures for advertising. I think that was the reason for the finding. The way they marketed the product. Not the gun itself but the marketing procedures. A bunch of BS.

You are correct. The only reason this went through was because of an obscure state law that has to do with advertising violence. I feel terrible for the families of Sandy Hook, but this is hardly close for manufacturers being held liable mass shootings. We are still protected by federal law and some state laws and hold immunity, but just sad no matter what. Where is the video game maker, the video game console maker, television maker being held accountable in this scenario.

Remington Firearms previous and now current owners are morons though, I am sure there will be more surprises. Remingtons insurance company is on the hook, the only money making part of Remington for some time was the ammo line. New Remington shotguns are the same junk as the last unfortunately. The round tree group guy, who owned the paintball company on Canada....the same one that went bankrupt is now the manager for all new Remington Firearms.

Last edited by Tofan; 02/16/22 02:09 AM. Reason: words.
Re: Remington Settles [Re: Inveigle] #7497928
02/16/22 02:10 AM
02/16/22 02:10 AM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Just goes to show , beat up on one at a time until they give , and take over the whole lot !
Exact same plan of animal rights organizations .
Keep suing until the opposition goes broke or gives up .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread