No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Leftlane] #7554671
04/10/22 11:08 PM
04/10/22 11:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Leftlane
I think our local big box hardware stores hire anyone who couldn't get on at Walmart. I'm tellin ya we got it made!

we were at Home Depot Saturday , I got sticker shock on a lot of items , had to go through and check my recipe it seemed too high but it all calculated out felt like I was getting 100 dollars worth of stuff for 165.

my wife noticed the help wanted sign advertising 12 dollars an hour starting um McDonald is paying more than that

the local gas station is up to 13-14 starting and 2 dollars more for second or third shift.

did notice the sign at McDonald's said Daily pay , I assume that means you punch out for the day and your pay is in your account the next day or even same day.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Law Dog] #7554745
04/11/22 04:52 AM
04/11/22 04:52 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
A Pizza Hut sign said "work one hour a day or 8 hours a day.......we'll work with you."
In Florida a bridge construction site on I-4 is shut down with a big HELP WANTED sign needing about 6 positions.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 04/11/22 04:54 AM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Gary Benson] #7554800
04/11/22 06:39 AM
04/11/22 06:39 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
A Pizza Hut sign said "work one hour a day or 8 hours a day.......we'll work with you."
In Florida a bridge construction site on I-4 is shut down with a big HELP WANTED sign needing about 6 positions.

Crazy world

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Badger23] #7554827
04/11/22 07:14 AM
04/11/22 07:14 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Badger23
One of my pet peeves is people who use fancy words that no one with common sense knows what they mean. That happens where I work, one of the new supervisors does that on the incident reports that he has to write. He went to a liberal arts college so it's not a shocker. The rest of us didn't go to college and our reports are much easier to read. These reports go to law enforcement and the gaming commission and they appreciate being able to understand them. He does the same thing in emails to us, he's getting a little better as time goes on but it's a struggle.

He suffers from "extraneous polysyllabic circumlocution"

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Law Dog] #7554859
04/11/22 07:51 AM
04/11/22 07:51 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Maybe it's a generational thing but I've never walked into a big box hardware store expecting any kind of help. On the app on my phone, I can check inventory and find the exact location of what I'm looking for. If I can't load it on a flat bed, I won't be able to unload it when I get home.

Re: Workers today ( again) [Re: Mike in A-town] #7554960
04/11/22 09:41 AM
04/11/22 09:41 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Online sick
trapper
run  Online Sick
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by Badger23
One of my pet peeves is people who use fancy words that no one with common sense knows what they mean. That happens where I work, one of the new supervisors does that on the incident reports that he has to write. He went to a liberal arts college so it's not a shocker. The rest of us didn't go to college and our reports are much easier to read. These reports go to law enforcement and the gaming commission and they appreciate being able to understand them. He does the same thing in emails to us, he's getting a little better as time goes on but it's a struggle.

He suffers from "extraneous polysyllabic circumlocution"

Mike

Thank you, Mike. I'm always happy to see some new words.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread