No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chickens dropping like flies [Re: Law Dog] #7560558
04/16/22 05:01 PM
04/16/22 05:01 PM
Suffolk new york
M
Miley Offline
trapper
Miley  Offline
trapper
M

Suffolk new york
Couple of weeks ago the dec put down six thousand pheasants and water fowl on a Long Island game preserve due to the bird flu!

Re: Chickens dropping like flies [Re: Law Dog] #7560563
04/16/22 05:14 PM
04/16/22 05:14 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
I’d imagine the PGC is concerned about avian flu affecting their pheasant rearing. They raise 200,000 + every season at two game farms. The chicks are transitioned into outdoor netted pens. Seems pretty easy for those birds to get infected.

Re: Chickens dropping like flies [Re: Law Dog] #7560566
04/16/22 05:15 PM
04/16/22 05:15 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I did not reed everything pressed for time. Are they having any symptoms? I had one young bird about a year old dead under the coup a few weeks back and was worried about bird flu. My wife said bird flu breathing respiratory symptoms and none of our birds were showing any. I tossed the dead bird in the outdoor boiler to be safe
( she had just attended a chicken class at Purdue for 4 h the week before). She was right we have had no further losses.

I didn't see if you said they were showing any symptoms?

Re: Chickens dropping like flies [Re: Law Dog] #7560584
04/16/22 05:48 PM
04/16/22 05:48 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
At this time, it seems to be the outbreak is north and northeast of where I live. There sure is a shortage of birds though, although it may just be the cold late spring that we're having. I've only seen a couple robins and a couple cardinals, no martens, swallows, jays, thrushers or bluebirds. Seen one male redwing blackbird the other day, hanging around the turd pond. Lots of english sparrows and a starling pair that have nested in a stovepipe for years is back. Wish if it was gonna kill something, it would be the last two I named!

As of now, haven't lost any chickens, ducks or guineas.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread