No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568948
04/25/22 01:27 AM
04/25/22 01:27 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Ok looked a little more and I have to say this Vic is packed with ammo . All these relook like ammo for that heavy machine gun ( forgot the name but it's their 50cal equivalent) you can see one guy running off with it and loading it on the back of the pick up towers the end of the video. Honestly they probably didn't take all of that ammo due to the weight of all of it. Looks like there's some under the seat along with in the sides towards the read door.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Another symbol I can't seem to find is this one on the hood. Seems to be a combination possible to symbolize ma ones from Belarus ??
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568954
04/25/22 03:36 AM
04/25/22 03:36 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Dshk is the Ruskin 50

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568962
04/25/22 04:56 AM
04/25/22 04:56 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
So looking at this a little more some stuff is interesting and let's do a little weapon ID while we're at it. So first off this Vic is packed full of ammo but mainly what I'm seeing is two separate ammo boxes. If you look to the left here you can see what looks like ammo boxes for a Russian PKM. PKM is for the Russians a light machine gun firing a 7.62x54r. our equivalent to this would be out 240 bravo that fires a 7.62x51 NATO. Intresting enough the same weapon of use is a medium machine gun how ever the Russians don't have anything like the SAW I don't think sooo.. interesting. Anyhow here a pic of a PKM and you can see it's fairly distinct ammo box
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And it's US counterparts the 240 ( and if you've never had the joy of jumping on of these a few miles just know she's a healthy little lady lol )
[Linked Image]
And as you can see here looking towards you left it looks like at least four PKM ammo can and I'm guessing each has a 100rd belt
[Linked Image]
And as we see here a could of PKM ammo boxes on the ground along with one being carried off with a full belt
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And here we can plainly see the PKM in the already loaded Down truck with a few extra ammo boxes
[Linked Image]

Ok next is these ammo boxes , there much larger then the PKM so 99.9 %sure their 12.7mm rounds. 12.7mm being Russian equivalent to out .50bmg
[Linked Image]
Now with that being said obvious that all that ammo is for this big heffier up top
[Linked Image]

Now this being a Vic mounted 12.7 mm heavy machine gun we can narrow it down to 3 main guns. It's with a DsHK ,a Kord or an NSV
We can basically rule out a DSHK because of the length and the fact this one clearly has a stock and not just spade grips like the DSHK
[Linked Image]
Not to mention the DSHK is one of Russias older weapons and I doubt they would have something like that one one of these newer Vic's. That leaves us with either the NSV or Kord. And honestly I'm willing to bet my money on the Kord mainly because of that big slab iron muzzle break that I don't think I've seen on the NSV which usually has a cone shaped break / flash hider as shown here. Not to mention the NSV is yet again an older weapons system
[Linked Image]
So I'm willing to say this big heffier hes laughing off is a Kord.
[Linked Image]
And here's a pic of one in use , peep the ammo can. If I'm correct all Russian 12.7's are made to use the same style ammo can
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ok one more thing I think we need to look at that might make some more sense of this whole deal.
Look at this crater and the position of these two remaining Vic's
[Linked Image]
I'm. It too sure about this but possibly what this was was a drone strike? Seems way too precise to be a regular muntiton or IED. And there's no way these two simply back up too it or drove across it.
Seems possibly what happed was it was these two as the lead and many a few more behind it, some form of air strike him a little behind of the lead took out the rest of the small convoy and many in conjunction with local troops there was an ambush on the remaining to after the truck got knocked out. The Russians being one dead Vic's decided to take what they could dismount3d after gaining fire superiority and get out of the LDA . It's not much but the thing that backs it up to me is I don't see any small arms or magazines , looks like all their personal gear they would need is gone along with any sensitive items , radios maps and the like. Many these Ukraines where just the clean up crew ?

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 04/25/22 05:24 AM.
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: grampy] #7568963
04/25/22 05:00 AM
04/25/22 05:00 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by grampy
Cameraman spent a lot of "precious " time filming nothing in particular. You would think if there was a rush it would be ALL hands on deck and then get out of there.

Pretty obvious that was just his helmet cam....it's very very common now days for soliders to wear them for various reasons. Especially when the footage could be looked back over as intel

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: jbyrd63] #7568967
04/25/22 05:07 AM
04/25/22 05:07 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Why didn’t they take any of the ammo cans from the shelf in side the vehicle. The no blood was easy when they got shot at they bailed out The back truck got hit by mortar or something disabled it But why did Ukrainian stop there pick up so far away Lot harder carrying that crap down the road Any country boy would backed them back to back and tossed the items lol

Never ever pull directly up to a enemy vehicle. Especially if it's been there long enough it could have been tampered with. Just because a grown man can set something off dosent mean a vehicle can't. That's one thing one of the instructions loved pointing out on the IED courses. Our SOP was if we tough something could be rigged was to get out and keep the vehicles minimum of 30m away. But that was an emergency deal where we couldn't get a EOD person for whatever reason. Even then the only times I sw that being different was with there special Vehicles like the Buffalo's or Huskies

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568999
04/25/22 07:23 AM
04/25/22 07:23 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
Good job Wolfie!

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7569037
04/25/22 09:05 AM
04/25/22 09:05 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
The last guy they picked up in the field that looked like he was providing cover. What is the weapon that he is holding?

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: wildflights] #7569469
04/25/22 05:15 PM
04/25/22 05:15 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by wildflights
The last guy they picked up in the field that looked like he was providing cover. What is the weapon that he is holding?

Looks like a Carl Gustaf ( aka the goose). From my understanding it's basically a modern recoilless rifle that's shoulder fired. Mainly used as an anti material and anti armor deal.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7569744
04/25/22 09:39 PM
04/25/22 09:39 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Nice analysis Wolfie!!

I knew the heavy wasn't as DSHK, they have a distinctive "bulge" towards the back and if a person ever made Russian tank models in their youth, there was always a DSHK that got glued on off of the commander's cupola. I didn't know about the new 12.7s that the Rus have fielded.

If "bazooka man" is carrying a Carl Gustaf, then I suspect he doesn't want to have to shoot it more than once. My kid tells me they really beat up the operator, especially with multiple shots. He told me a story of a guy who shot about a dozen rounds out of the CG one afternoon and was out of action for about 2 days. Under combat adrenaline probably would still be in action but its not user friendly.

I might have this wrong but the lineage of our 240 medium MG comes through the old M60 that traces its ancestry back to the German MG42. The MG42 was a better weapon than the M60 but it was a "Nazi" weapon and couldn't be adopted the U.S. military in the 1950s. From what I've heard, the current 240 is much better than the old M60. West River Rogue might have better intel but what I've heard is that a Vietnam era M60 can be picked up in the PI for $8k or less. Mostly out of the southern islands.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread