No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dogecoin [Re: yotetrapper30] #7575450
05/02/22 10:02 PM
05/02/22 10:02 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
NFTs are basically the deed to whatever digital property you own. Usually they are on the Ethereum blockchain.

Re: Dogecoin [Re: Steven 49er] #7575480
05/02/22 10:29 PM
05/02/22 10:29 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Okay Angela, done working for the day, tore up a few more yards like coonman's. Let's clear up some semantics as has been mentioned. Cryptocurrencies like Doge or Bitcoin aren't NFTs. What is an NFT who knows lol, seriously I can't explain it. Sniper could do a better job. Cryptocurrencies are fungible tokens same as a dollar bill or even gold. Fungible tokens aren't unique, that is one dollar bill is the same as another, or one bitcoin is the same as another. Also hey are divisible and those divisions have the same value.

Anyways let's get down to what I think of Doge. IMHO it's crap. There are 130 plus billion Doge in circulation, approximately 14 million new ones are mined every day. There is no cap on the amount that can be created. It's a certainty that supply with outstrip demand.

Bitcoin is limited to 21 million, it's possible that figure could be increased but I don't expect it. Approximately 19 million of that 21 million have been mined, it's expected the last one will be mined in 2040.

Doge is fiat, Bitcoin has a sound principle.

Acceptance will seal the fate of Bitcoin, Doge is sure to die.

Say what one will, the blockchain technology is here to stay and is/was one heck of an innovation.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. I think though, that since the original 100B coins were mined, it's capped at 5B new coins put into circulation a year. Which I suppose is still too many to create much demand?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Dogecoin [Re: yotetrapper30] #7575540
05/03/22 02:24 AM
05/03/22 02:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If DHS can and does monitor and record every keystroke at their Utah compound, how is bit coin or any other digital currency, safer than paper? What stops DHS from pushing a button and taking it or deleting it?

I hope no one has forgotten that.

People thought the onion router kept them safe from government intervention too.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Dogecoin [Re: danny clifton] #7575583
05/03/22 06:29 AM
05/03/22 06:29 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by danny clifton
If DHS can and does monitor and record every keystroke at their Utah compound, how is bit coin or any other digital currency, safer than paper? What stops DHS from pushing a button and taking it or deleting it?

I hope no one has forgotten that.

People thought the onion router kept them safe from government intervention too.

Nothing is 100% safe. You can store your cryptos offline to protect them from cyber treachery.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread