No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7576601
05/04/22 02:17 PM
05/04/22 02:17 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Wow 1.5 plus billion Christians (in name) fussing over who has the better, true or real Bible! Classic divisionary behavior. Makes me wonder who edited Jesus's words or who created his sound bytes for the day.

Bryce

Re: Bible Edition [Re: bblwi] #7576664
05/04/22 03:48 PM
05/04/22 03:48 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by bblwi
Wow 1.5 plus billion Christians (in name) fussing over who has the better, true or real Bible! Classic divisionary behavior. Makes me wonder who edited Jesus's words or who created his sound bytes for the day.

Bryce

Bryce , you are correct about the devicivness. Strife and debate are a prideful sin that we all have. Look at politics, even the debates that go on hear about trapping, and hunting especially. The good that comes out of the different opinion peaple have. As we mature in life you will see that your beliefs and opinions aren't always correct. Peaple can get stuck in a prideful rut that's hard to climb out of. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1st John 2; 16 God knows our hearts. No matter wich side of the fence we are on. Whether it politics, religion or what ever. Peace
Rich

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7576723
05/04/22 05:19 PM
05/04/22 05:19 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The only one to spread the lie that any follower of Christ should be perfected after being converted by grace is......
the deceiver and father of all lies.

The Bible is Special Revelation, as is Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Christ.
The Bible will always be meant as God's revealing of his character so that we may know him.
How can a any person, and the Godhead is 3 Persons, be known if they don't reveal themselves?
It's not possible.
Look around.
You see all the people saying "leave me alone!"
They don't wish to be known and as a human, this is not a joyous life long term. Short term stints can be rejuvenating but an image bearer (us) is/was/will always be made for relationships.
God is the Perfect Unity of 3 Persons as One God and that Trinity is our model.
There is no other worthy of honor and glory when we reflect upon this.

Those who view the Bible as some rule book or some "how to" guide for better living are especially prone to self-righteousness with that approach because if that's my interpretation of revelation.... well then I can claim I follow the rules better than you or my Bibles better than yours or my church is better than yours!! And so on. (same old human sin).

That's NOT why God reveals for us.
Love God. Love Others.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Bible Edition [Re: bblwi] #7576735
05/04/22 05:30 PM
05/04/22 05:30 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

I thought it was a pretty tame discussion.

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7576789
05/04/22 06:17 PM
05/04/22 06:17 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I agree with Posco. grin whistle cool

Re: Bible Edition [Re: yukon254] #7576816
05/04/22 06:53 PM
05/04/22 06:53 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by yukon254
All modern english version with the exception of the KJV are based on the work of two fellows named Wescott and Hort. When you compare the modern versions with the KJV you will find a lot of differences. The newer versions have something like 5000 fewer words.

Wescott and Hort relied heavily on two manuscripts, the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts. These two manuscripts dont even agree with each other. There is a lot of evidence that leads one to believe that Wescott and Hort were not even christians.

That is so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response.

Re: Bible Edition [Re: chuck in MD] #7576820
05/04/22 06:58 PM
05/04/22 06:58 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by chuck in MD
I believe and exclusively use the King James Version.

When the pilgrims came to North American in the 1600's they did not bring the KJV with them, they used Myles Coverdale's English translation, which was one of the first complete versions following Tyndale's. The original KJV and its 80 books were first printed in 1611.

Any idea why they didn't use the KJV? It's kinda funny... it was too new and they didn't trust it.

Most people are also shocked to learn that the Roman Catholics had a great influence in the process of translating the KJV from the Textus Receptus and the Septuigint into the King James Version. In fact, for 250 years, the KJV included the apocryphal books.

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BernieB.] #7576904
05/04/22 08:05 PM
05/04/22 08:05 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by chuck in MD
I believe and exclusively use the King James Version.

When the pilgrims came to North American in the 1600's they did not bring the KJV with them, they used Myles Coverdale's English translation, which was one of the first complete versions following Tyndale's. The original KJV and its 80 books were first printed in 1611.

Any idea why they didn't use the KJV? It's kinda funny... it was too new and they didn't trust it.

Most people are also shocked to learn that the Roman Catholics had a great influence in the process of translating the KJV from the Textus Receptus and the Septuigint into the King James Version. In fact, for 250 years, the KJV included the apocryphal books.

Bernie , the RC did have influence in the Textus Receptus, Erasmus was a RC theologian. But wearnt the translators of the kjv in disagreement with the RC . I was Catholic for 20 years and I'm quite sure of the 100s of masses I've been to the kjv was not the Bible of choice. I've even talked to several priests who have told me the kjv is anti Catholic. I use the kjv but I'm not anti Catholic. I will say that it seems that they have many Doctrines and Truditions that contradict Scripture. I actually had a priest tell me the church is the authority.
Rich

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7576953
05/04/22 08:48 PM
05/04/22 08:48 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline OP
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline OP
trapper
B

WI
Wow! I did not anticipate my question to turn into a discussion of this depth.

What brought it to my mind was a Bible in my hotel room. In the back, it says it was placed by the Gideons. It goes on to say that they place copies of the Holy Bible in places of need like hotel rooms and other public places. They claim to have distributed more than 2 billion copies. It is the ESV.

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BernieB.] #7577001
05/04/22 09:19 PM
05/04/22 09:19 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by yukon254
All modern english version with the exception of the KJV are based on the work of two fellows named Wescott and Hort. When you compare the modern versions with the KJV you will find a lot of differences. The newer versions have something like 5000 fewer words.

Wescott and Hort relied heavily on two manuscripts, the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts. These two manuscripts dont even agree with each other. There is a lot of evidence that leads one to believe that Wescott and Hort were not even christians.

That is so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response.

Oh ? If anything I said is not correct please enlighten me ? Although I prefer the KJV, I dont have a problem with other newer versions I was simply stating a few facts. The vast majority of the new versions, if not all of them, come from the same line of manuscripts that Wescott and Hort used. Both of these men placed a lot of trust in the two manuscripts I mentioned. Many other scholars dont.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7577015
05/04/22 09:29 PM
05/04/22 09:29 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I use the KJV. I'm reading the Lexham English Septuagint now.

Re: Bible Edition [Re: BvrRetriever] #7577064
05/04/22 10:46 PM
05/04/22 10:46 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
Wow! I did not anticipate my question to turn into a discussion of this depth.

What brought it to my mind was a Bible in my hotel room. In the back, it says it was placed by the Gideons. It goes on to say that they place copies of the Holy Bible in places of need like hotel rooms and other public places. They claim to have distributed more than 2 billion copies. It is the ESV.

The Gideons have been distributing Bible's for more than 100 years, and that # could be correct, they started with the KJV and have in more recent years ASV, NKJV, ect, Good organization the Gideons.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread