No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Opening Morning [Re: danny clifton] #7594218
05/29/22 09:16 PM
05/29/22 09:16 PM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline OP
trapper
claycreech  Offline OP
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Opens June 1st here. Some kids learn to hunt small game first claycreech. I am doing my best to pass on what I was taught as well as what I've learned.

grandson a couple years ago.

[Linked Image]

Good deal!!
When I was that young man’s age, come hickory nut time, on a Saturday morning you’d hear shots going off in several directions from other squirrel hunters, and all on private land.
It’s been a whole bunch of years since I heard another squirrel hunter other than someone with me.

Re: Opening Morning [Re: jhh] #7594384
05/30/22 08:18 AM
05/30/22 08:18 AM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline OP
trapper
claycreech  Offline OP
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
Originally Posted by jhh
Mulberries just starting to ripen here and the squirrels will be flocking to them. Those young squirrels get fat as heck when they're feeding on them. Nothing better than a fat young squirrel that's been feeding on the fruit. Fried up with some biscuits and gravy and you have a meal fit for a king.

That’s a fact John. They will be hammering the mulberries here pretty quick. I see just a few starting to turn color.
We eat squirrel weekly year around. I still crave it every time I smell Cindy cooking a meal of it lol.

Re: Opening Morning [Re: claycreech] #7594460
05/30/22 09:47 AM
05/30/22 09:47 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Fried squirrel, biscuits, & gravy, nothing any finer!

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread