No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Del Gue] #7613332
06/26/22 05:30 PM
06/26/22 05:30 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I don’t know your apartment setup, but I’d do it inside if at all possible. Depending on your apartment manager too many complaints from your neighbors could get you the boot. When I lived in an apartment mine had a basement, that’s where I did my skinning. Or, sounds weird but the bathtub is not a bad option. Easy cleanup. Just don’t wash too much fur down the drain lol

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Drifter] #7613637
06/27/22 04:50 AM
06/27/22 04:50 AM
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

new york
Originally Posted by Drifter
Skinning in your front yard in town you better expect several visits from the local law.City folks will think you are skinning dogs and call the law on you.

If trapping private land one can usually find a ditch to dispose of them. Ask the land owner.

Funny story, a classmate hit a deer and we were cutting it up on a table in the back yard. A nosey rosie called the cops and said we were dismembering a person. The cop walks up and said, "Oh that's a deer". We said yes and then he relayed the story. We all had a laugh.

Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7614077
06/27/22 05:28 PM
06/27/22 05:28 PM
Ohio
Del Gue Offline OP
trapper
Del Gue  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
are you singal? , if you are you might want to skin inside some how , like mike said , if theres a will you will find a way

No I am not, the live in girlfriend would NOT be amused… cry

I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent…
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Bob] #7614082
06/27/22 05:31 PM
06/27/22 05:31 PM
Ohio
Del Gue Offline OP
trapper
Del Gue  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Bob
I don’t know your apartment setup, but I’d do it inside if at all possible. Depending on your apartment manager too many complaints from your neighbors could get you the boot. When I lived in an apartment mine had a basement, that’s where I did my skinning. Or, sounds weird but the bathtub is not a bad option. Easy cleanup. Just don’t wash too much fur down the drain lol

I am lucky enough to be in a hidden little area, between buildings, and with neighbors that are all very kind, and elderly, some of whom I regularly share game meats with… I gather crowds when I fire up my grill on occasion. I skin game on my porch and wave to them as they pass, and show their grandkids what I’m doing, and, the how and why of my doing it. No problems from neighbors or citiots, the manager is a friend as well and actually asked if I could use live traps or dp’s to catch the local dumpster bandits!

I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent…
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: corky] #7614085
06/27/22 05:36 PM
06/27/22 05:36 PM
Ohio
Del Gue Offline OP
trapper
Del Gue  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by corky
What animals are you trapping? You may be better off selling unskinned until you find a larger place with more privacy. Maybe partner with someone that has facilities?

Everything legal in Ohio from weasels and skrats to coons and coyote is my current objective… I was planning on building a very small shed. I feel I should for clarity mention that 6x6 was an oddly specific over exaggeration. My yard is 10x7 with a 8x5 concrete porch… I have enough room for SOME activities cool

Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Del Gue] #7614492
06/28/22 09:10 AM
06/28/22 09:10 AM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
The beaver carcasses are fes to our dogs and a couple of our neighbors dogs.

We can feed 8 at a time and our one neighbor gets been 8 and 12 at a time depending if he has puppy.

All.other we take.to his farm.and feed tk.rhw buzzards

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Del Gue] #7614497
06/28/22 09:16 AM
06/28/22 09:16 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
You can make bait from the carcasses. I didn't read the other responses yet.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Del Gue] #7614576
06/28/22 11:12 AM
06/28/22 11:12 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Del Gue
Originally Posted by Bob

I am lucky enough to be in a hidden little area, between buildings, and with neighbors that are all very kind, and elderly, some of whom I regularly share game meats with… I gather crowds when I fire up my grill on occasion. I skin game on my porch and wave to them as they pass, and show their grandkids what I’m doing, and, the how and why of my doing it. No problems from neighbors or citiots, the manager is a friend as well and actually asked if I could use live traps or dp’s to catch the local dumpster bandits!

It sounds like a great neighborhood.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: What to do with carcasses? [Re: Del Gue] #7614594
06/28/22 11:37 AM
06/28/22 11:37 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
When I had my outside wood boiler I cremated any carcasses I had. Coon carcasses usually had so much fat it was like throwing fuel on the fire.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread