No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The wonders of nature [Re: Bob Jameson] #7674691
09/19/22 03:26 PM
09/19/22 03:26 PM
Wisconsin
R
RdFx Offline
trapper
RdFx  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Well ill be , thanks for posting Bob. I learned a new catapillar and butterfly.
By the way your cat urine stinks......LOL
Lee

RdFx
Re: The wonders of nature [Re: Bob Jameson] #7674712
09/19/22 04:02 PM
09/19/22 04:02 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
As I was making one of my many trips across our lawn to the house from the shop something "out of the ordinary" caught my eye.

I thought it might be a piece of garbage etc.so I stopped to examine it and pick it up. Closer inspection revealed what I first thought to be a type of Newt lizard. It had eyes and a mouth and ear holes. As I looked more closely I couldn't identify it immediately. I have never seen one of these things before.

It raised its head up about 1/2" when I picked it up like a cobra snake. Interesting. It appeared to be some sort of grub like caterpillar. Very large head leading back to a tapered end of its thorax.

I finally realized what it was. A spicebush butterfly caterpillar.

Here's looking at you. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like to watch the show America's Funniest Home Videos, Animal Edition. They have a portion on the show called, The Strangest Thing You Will See Today.
They show some really strange things. This would certainly qualify for that segment. That is sure strange.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: The wonders of nature [Re: Bob Jameson] #7674827
09/19/22 06:46 PM
09/19/22 06:46 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
Lee are you trying to hurt my feelings.? LOL