No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Small buckskin jacket update [Re: k snow] #8006502
11/28/23 11:07 PM
11/28/23 11:07 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
[quote=k snow I can pick out every little stitch that isn't 100% perfect, but I am happy with the project. Its been on my to do list for a long time, almost a bucket list type project for me.[/quote]
If I recall correctly, most Native American beliefs where than nothing was perfect and would integrate that into their beadwork by putting in one odd color bead or odd number of beads in a row. Now that doesn't mean you could slap things together and call it fancy. Your work is truly outstanding and am excited to see the finished product as everyone else!

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Small buckskin jacket update [Re: 20scout] #8006509
11/28/23 11:12 PM
11/28/23 11:12 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline OP
trapper
k snow  Offline OP
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by 20scout
[quote=k snow I can pick out every little stitch that isn't 100% perfect, but I am happy with the project. Its been on my to do list for a long time, almost a bucket list type project for me.

If I recall correctly, most Native American beliefs where than nothing was perfect and would integrate that into their beadwork by putting in one odd color bead or odd number of beads in a row. Now that doesn't mean you could slap things together and call it fancy. Your work is truly outstanding and am excited to see the finished product as everyone else!
[/quote]

Every beadwork project I have made has at least 1 flaw (some many more). Sometimes it is on purpose, more often not.

Thank you.

Re: Small buckskin jacket update [Re: k snow] #8006716
11/29/23 09:08 AM
11/29/23 09:08 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
You are making a beautiful one of a kind piece of craftmanship using natural native materials As such all natural /native materials will be subject to possible flaws . What I like about your post is you are taking us along as you go through all the needed steps to have a successful completed project that is both useful and attractive Great job on both aspects of what you are doing

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread