Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Muskrat Meat? [Re: Yes sir] #8020100
12/13/23 07:52 PM
12/13/23 07:52 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Online happy
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Online Happy
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Have a friend that catches lots of coyotes. Year or two ago he was running a late season coyote line. He added skunk to his bait and ran it head to head against the unskunked bait. More coyotes caught on the skunky bait. Coyotes will always tell you what they like.

Yep^^^

I add essence to ground beaver tails, ground deer stomachs, ground bobcat meat, etc. Coyotes work it very good.

I mixed it more to save time than any other reason. Many dirthole sets only get a good smear of one of those skunky baits....then I'm on to the next location.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Muskrat Meat? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8024160
12/18/23 05:32 PM
12/18/23 05:32 PM
Wv
F
Fentenetty Offline
trapper
Fentenetty  Offline
trapper
F

Wv
New to the forum here but wanted to add my two cents. I add increasing amounts of skunk to half my bait as the weather gets colder. I like having the slightly tainted bait with no skunk for weary critters, it doesn’t seam to make them as nervous. Reading all the different opinions will make you nuts! Try three holes with different strength of smell and put a camera on them. The coyote will show you!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91