No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I found another wallet [Re: Cragar] #8033341
12/28/23 05:08 PM
12/28/23 05:08 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Found one this fall. The lady was a client of the company so they had her cell #
It was rifled from her 6 months prior when she was shopping and they had the two perps on camera.
She had just bought it for 250$ and it looked ok with no rain we had had
replacing all her ID was a pain
in 8 minutes they had put 500$ on it in 3 stores till it was declined by the bank

moral of story; have you bank card and the 800# to phone as soon as you find it gone. It took 1 minute for the bank to cancel but 6 minutes to phone

Re: I found another wallet [Re: Cragar] #8033604
12/28/23 09:06 PM
12/28/23 09:06 PM
East Central Mn.
U
uplandpointer Offline
trapper
uplandpointer  Offline
trapper
U

East Central Mn.
I have found several through the years. (do a lot of driving) I have returned them all. Sadly most people tend to think I was the one that took their money. If I were to find any again I think I would just drop in a mail box and keep on my way.

Re: I found another wallet [Re: Cragar] #8033707
12/28/23 10:31 PM
12/28/23 10:31 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I lost my wallet once. What a pitiful feeling that is. I then had no money. I had no ID to get money from the bank. I didn't have my government ID which is nearly impossible to replace even if you did have an ID, and to complicate matters, I need that ID to use my government work computer. I couldn't even work!
Then an angel came down from heaven and put my wallet in my mailbox early the next morning.
They rang the bell, but I was so sleepy from a completely restless night, I couldn't get dressed quick enough to see who it was.
There was $17.00 still in it. I immediately went to the 7-11 and bought a drink and some RedMan with my debit card and asked Sally if she'd give me 17 one dollar bills. I handed her and everyone in line a dollar bill. I told them that it wasn't free. They had to listen to my story about the person who returned the wallet with everything in it, but I didn't know who it was.
I did this the rest of the day to perfect strangers until the 17 dollar bills were gone. I never got tired of telling my story, and the smiles on the faces of all of those perfect strangers was priceless. Gives a fella hope for mankind. I can't help but wonder how many of those strangers have found a wallet since that day and "passed it forward."

Re: I found another wallet [Re: Cragar] #8033904
12/29/23 07:26 AM
12/29/23 07:26 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
You must be very observant.