No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Gotta love it #8052591
01/17/24 03:18 PM
01/17/24 03:18 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Went out in stand # 5 I think for this time at the house. Night hunting didn't pan out so after reading some responses said I'd go out today. Made about a two mile loop. Made two other stands that didn't give me anything for crows and hawks again....I'm becoming a dang hawk whisper at this point laugh well get on a high spot , nice 150yd lane wind in my face perfect right ? ...... Welp go to look though the scope aaaaannnnd my battery died. This huge battery pack is deader then hammer smirk since it's a day night scope I said screw it I'll just use it instead of switching back to my regular scope because I really wanted to get a kill on video and didn't want to go recheck zero.
[Linked Image]

On the bright side it was a nice day and got to walk around a good bit. Tacked some deer and was able to sneak up with about 30yd of em . Bounced them out their beds when I tried taking a picture though. Also snuck up on this little fella . Been seeing more wof then this year then I can possibly remember
[Linked Image]

Gotta say makes me wonder about how loud I can be in the woods because this guy's sounds like a dang bulldozer

Re: Gotta love it [Re: Wolfdog91] #8052624
01/17/24 03:37 PM
01/17/24 03:37 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Went out in stand # 5 I think for this time at the house. Night hunting didn't pan out so after reading some responses said I'd go out today. Made about a two mile loop. Made two other stands that didn't give me anything for crows and hawks again....I'm becoming a dang hawk whisper at this point laugh well get on a high spot , nice 150yd lane wind in my face perfect right ? ...... Welp go to look though the scope aaaaannnnd my battery died. This huge battery pack is deader then hammer smirk since it's a day night scope I said screw it I'll just use it instead of switching back to my regular scope because I really wanted to get a kill on video and didn't want to go recheck zero.
[Linked Image]

On the bright side it was a nice day and got to walk around a good bit. Tacked some deer and was able to sneak up with about 30yd of em . Bounced them out their beds when I tried taking a picture though. Also snuck up on this little fella . Been seeing more wof then this year then I can possibly remember
[Linked Image]

Gotta say makes me wonder about how loud I can be in the woods because this guy's sounds like a dang bulldozer

Like fall deer hunting and a squirrel sounds like a herd of deer coming through. smile

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Gotta love it [Re: Wolfdog91] #8052824
01/17/24 07:25 PM
01/17/24 07:25 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Online content
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Online Content
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
well get on a high spot , nice 150yd lane wind in my face perfect right ?

appears you are looking down some kinda farm road but is the wind coming right towards you down that? Can you actually see down wind or to the flanks?

Re: Gotta love it [Re: BigBlackBirds] #8052996
01/17/24 09:45 PM
01/17/24 09:45 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Yep was hitting me dead in the face mabye a slight 12:30 to 630 deflection

Previous Thread
Index