No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: 3togo] #8103284
03/19/24 09:14 AM
03/19/24 09:14 AM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Originally Posted by 3togo
You can hunt public ground in Wyoming by yourself.

Non-resident cannot hunt wilderness areas without a guide.

Ty that’s what it was wilderness areas my bad

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: sportsman94] #8103356
03/19/24 10:59 AM
03/19/24 10:59 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by sportsman94
Im glad to see these guys like to hunt. As for the assumption that their passion for outdoors equates to keeping trapping rights, Im not so sure that is a safe bet. There are a BUNCH of hunters and avid outdoorsman who would be perfectly happy to see trapping disappear in my opinion. We are still the low activity on the totem pole.

This is what I was getting at but beyond just trapping. Just because people like an active doesn't mean that want or support the common people being able to do the same activities. There are plenty of examples of rules for the and not for me. Like Congress and insider trading. They love it but it's illegal if we would do the same.

Also just because my son says something does not mean he is speaking for me.

It's very nice to see the Trumps taking part in hunting. Sure beats the crack and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) house. I believe it's dangerous to believe BECAUSE they do it means they are 100% on my team no matter how much I would love to believe so.

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: upstateNY] #8103366
03/19/24 11:21 AM
03/19/24 11:21 AM
Pennsylvania
elsmasho82 Offline
trapper
elsmasho82  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Are these “hunts” or canned hunts?

Would you rather have your son doing drugs,,dating prostitutes and denying his own child,,,or going on "canned hunts" ?

It was an honest question, and certainly not politically driven. Unlike the rest of this thread

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: Providence Farm] #8103368
03/19/24 11:27 AM
03/19/24 11:27 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Ok. Everyone deserves their dreams. Sometimes when I see “celebrities” or people that come from money with exotic big game animals that they have hunted, I am not impressed. Trying to see both sides of the coin.

Normally I think they paid a guide to take them out that did all the work, scouting, ECT them they shoot it take some pictures then head back to the lodge for drinks and cigars while the guid handels gutting and caping the animals. So are they really hunters or people with money that pay hunters to take them out and put them in the place to do the shooting is always my question?

Also because someone with money likes to shoot and has guns does not mean they like the idea of everyone having the same access to guns but like the restrictions as long as it doesn't apply to them.

I'm always cautious and skeptical. One thanks for sure Biden about everything anti-American as you can get. Maybe the election will be such a blow out that they can't deny trumps when this year.

Go on a Guided hunt Yourself BEFORE you bash a guide hunter

Many States Forbid a Non resident from hunting Without a guide.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: KeithC] #8103463
03/19/24 02:13 PM
03/19/24 02:13 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
Interestingly enough I heard a podcast yesterday in which Eric credited their grandfather with Kindling & encouraging their hunting background.

Not meant as a knock against Donald, just affirmation that grandparents are pretty important to youngsters.

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: Ringneck1] #8103495
03/19/24 03:00 PM
03/19/24 03:00 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Ringneck1
Interestingly enough I heard a podcast yesterday in which Eric credited their grandfather with Kindling & encouraging their hunting background.

Not meant as a knock against Donald, just affirmation that grandparents are pretty important to youngsters.

Yup, and parents that realize the importance of grandparents in a kids life are pretty cool too.

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: Trapset] #8103505
03/19/24 03:22 PM
03/19/24 03:22 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
Originally Posted by Trapset
Originally Posted by Ringneck1

Yup, and parents that realize the importance of grandparents in a kids life are pretty cool too.

Yes. As busy as the parents of my grandkids are just trying too keep things rolling, it looks like I will be taking 4 granddaughters hunting. Not sure how grannie will feel about 4 youth shotgun purchases, but ya gotta have equipment

Re: Raising sons who are avid hunters. [Re: KeithC] #8103516
03/19/24 03:51 PM
03/19/24 03:51 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
330 you take that as bashing a guided hunter? It's exactly how a lot of the money people hunt. They have little to no hunting shill and outdoor knowledge and are not interested in learning or doing any of the work. Now a lot does not mean all but rather a large % of them. And what makes you think I have not been in a guided hunt?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread