No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137522
05/11/24 10:51 AM
05/11/24 10:51 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Wanna…. Glad the truth came out in the end. So often people who THINK they are not seen display their true colors.

Now whada ya say we we go in together and start selling shovels on this site? Sure seems to be plenty of people who aren’t worn enough nor bright enough to know when to quit digging.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 05/11/24 10:52 AM.

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Osky] #8137563
05/11/24 12:49 PM
05/11/24 12:49 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Osky
“the man who’s a member, his boy and a friend were out hunting”

Diggerman the above is directly from the original post, you must have missed it.

I will throw this question/ example out to you and others that have your same thought on this:
Some years ago I had a fellow up bear hunting in very remote country in northern MN. Late night a wounded bear was found and retrieved. On separate machines I led him out of that back country, he for whatever reason drifted back and mistakenly jumped on a small trail he thought I’d taken. I didn’t, I knew a guy owned that 40 so I never took that trail. That trail would take the guy to the same small gravel road I was bound for but he would get there sooner.

I found the hunter on the gravel waiting for me, surprise yes. The little trail he had come out on was well posted there at the gravel. Hadn’t been on the deep bush side. When he emerged from the bush, on that trail, at the gravel he had run over a block of buried 2x4 that had nails driven thru it, nails up of course and it punctured the atv tire. As the board was pulled up it came around the tire, other nails cracked the fender edge, and between all that and flipping back at him off a tight tree it tore his pants and cut his leg. Not too deep. Flashlite showed just how the board had been set in and we found another planted on the other side of the trail that his opposite tire just caught the corner of and loosened up. Both boards behind the signs on the private property.
All said and done standing there on that gravel the guy who did this of course had his name written on those signs as is required. I knew him.

What would you have done?

Osky

Three people on a 4 wheeler?

Re: Just own up.. [Re: GUNNLEG] #8137570
05/11/24 01:42 PM
05/11/24 01:42 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by GUNNLEG
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Good Lawd, lol.
Update…boys confessed to chasing a bird but ended up getting scared of being caught.
GW has full confession and came out and took pics of crossed gate and camera.
Now here’s where some of y’all are really GONNA get upset. The members that lease the property they crossed from want them charged for trespassing on their property now, lol. They admitted to that as well. Seems “daddy” told them it was ok to go down there because on the map the land belongs to the same man. Didn’t matter to him that it was a different lease.
All I can say is I suggest some of y’all never come South.

Wanna Be, it’s almost as if they would have ‘just owned up’ to doing wrong that none of this other stuff would have happened. Or maybe… if somehow you would have been able to contact these fellas, and they were somewhat courteous, you mighta just given them a warning…

grintrying to see if this thing will make 2 more pages grin

Yes sir. Had we been able to speak to them nothing would’ve happened. We realize sometimes people do stupid stuff, just wanted to remind them to not do it on this property.
I really thought the title would be a dead giveaway.

As far as their timing…they went to their lease which is across the paved road and down a dirt road. When they heard nothing there, daddy told them to come down this way because there was another property with the same lease name. They drive their 4-wheeler to that property and parked at the gate and hopped the gate and then from there they heard birds on this property and that’s where they really screwed up.

I found the tracks, followed back to where they parked at the gate, and because it was muddy, was able to follow the 4-wheeler tracks on the paved road to where they turned off down the dirt road and had parked the truck. I then used OnX to see who owned the land and saw it was the same that borders our property. So the manger called the lease hunters next to us and it wasn’t them. He then called the “overseer” of those particular properties and they told us who was hunting, but they weren’t on the property that borders ours…supposedly…because that’s not their lease. So the manager asked the leaser to call him…and y’all know the rest of the story.
Again, just own up to your mistakes instead of being a jerk about it. The truth and a kind attitude gets you a lot better reaction than an I don’t care attitude.

Heck I got caught shotgun hunting a bow only section on a Federal installation. I had no clue there were different sections for shotguns and bows. I guess what got us a warning and not a ticket and was our attitude and the fact we waved the GW down.
With that said we did get checked by a Federal GW every day for the rest of our hunt. If they saw our truck, they were waiting for us when we walked out, lol.
Were we in the wrong…Yes! Did we know…NO, but we owned up to it. Did we get upset at being checked every day? Nope, that guy was a wealth of knowledge and had some cool stories.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Diggerman] #8137584
05/11/24 02:16 PM
05/11/24 02:16 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Osky
“the man who’s a member, his boy and a friend were out hunting”

Diggerman the above is directly from the original post, you must have missed it.

I will throw this question/ example out to you and others that have your same thought on this:
Some years ago I had a fellow up bear hunting in very remote country in northern MN. Late night a wounded bear was found and retrieved. On separate machines I led him out of that back country, he for whatever reason drifted back and mistakenly jumped on a small trail he thought I’d taken. I didn’t, I knew a guy owned that 40 so I never took that trail. That trail would take the guy to the same small gravel road I was bound for but he would get there sooner.

I found the hunter on the gravel waiting for me, surprise yes. The little trail he had come out on was well posted there at the gravel. Hadn’t been on the deep bush side. When he emerged from the bush, on that trail, at the gravel he had run over a block of buried 2x4 that had nails driven thru it, nails up of course and it punctured the atv tire. As the board was pulled up it came around the tire, other nails cracked the fender edge, and between all that and flipping back at him off a tight tree it tore his pants and cut his leg. Not too deep. Flashlite showed just how the board had been set in and we found another planted on the other side of the trail that his opposite tire just caught the corner of and loosened up. Both boards behind the signs on the private property.
All said and done standing there on that gravel the guy who did this of course had his name written on those signs as is required. I knew him.

What would you have done?

Osky

Three people on a 4 wheeler?

Ground control to major Digger……. Too funny.
If you somehow are serious about that question, then it’s my fault for not recounting the incident better. No, I believe I said early on that “on separate machines I led him out of that country”. Anyway.
Some people cannot appreciate how gawd awful thick the bush in northern MN can be late summer. One sharp trail turn and you won’t look back and see lights until they come around and catch up. I should have been more attentive to his following me and known I’d lost him.

Topics done, it’s been an interesting one. You have a great day.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread