No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chainsaw Sharpening [Re: houndone] #8148244
06/01/24 04:27 PM
06/01/24 04:27 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline OP
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline OP
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by houndone
I paid around 90.00 for mine when I bought it several years ago.it has paid for itself many times over by me not having to buy more chains because the guys I used to have sharpen them would take to much off each time they would sharpen them.but they also sold chains,so the more they took off the sooner they could sell you a new one.if you can't get your chain to cut like it was new after sharpening it your not doing some thing right.i usually sharpen mine at a 35 degree angle and check the rakers to make sure there the right heighth.

That’s my thoughts too. Files in the field but they need a good grinder sharpening every now and again. That costs $8 a chain when you take them in. If I get my own, it won’t take long to pay for itself.

How hard is it to dial them in? The chains for my bucking saw are different than my small one.

Re: Chainsaw Sharpening [Re: BvrRetriever] #8148247
06/01/24 04:33 PM
06/01/24 04:33 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
In the Woodyard has had some good clips about his methods in the past month he has posted some of his 1400 daily clips on ytube he puts out.

Re: Chainsaw Sharpening [Re: BvrRetriever] #8148249
06/01/24 04:38 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba

Re: Chainsaw Sharpening [Re: BvrRetriever] #8148250
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba

Re: Chainsaw Sharpening [Re: BvrRetriever] #8148258
06/01/24 04:58 PM
06/01/24 04:58 PM
IL
H
houndone Offline
trapper
houndone  Offline
trapper
H

IL
Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
Originally Posted by houndone
I paid around 90.00 for mine when I bought it several years ago.it has paid for itself many times over by me not having to buy more chains because the guys I used to have sharpen them would take to much off each time they would sharpen them.but they also sold chains,so the more they took off the sooner they could sell you a new one.if you can't get your chain to cut like it was new after sharpening it your not doing some thing right.i usually sharpen mine at a 35 degree angle and check the rakers to make sure there the right heighth.

That’s my thoughts too. Files in the field but they need a good grinder sharpening every now and again. That costs $8 a chain when you take them in. If I get my own, it won’t take long to pay for itself.

How hard is it to dial them in? The chains for my bucking saw are different than my small one.

It's simple mine came with a sheet of paper for different pitch chains etc.ive sharpened a few for other people and they always commented how sharp they were.the instructions will tell you how to get started once you do it you'll get more comfortable doing them.like I said iam happy with mine I know there's more expensive ones out there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread