The Pen and Quill

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
When a barber shop was a barber shoo #8156616
06/17/24 07:38 PM
06/17/24 07:38 PM
Texas
A
Astrangebird Offline OP
trapper
Astrangebird  Offline OP
trapper
A

Texas
You walked through the door and spoke to the ones waiting and to the shoe shine boy just inside the door and took a seat waiting your turn.
As a boy you noticed all the different colors of bottles perfumed water on the shelves. The barber chair, the razor strop attached to the chair and listened to all the news of deaths, births, weather, politics and cheating at crap games that was the news of the day.
When it finally came time for your haircut you told the barber to charge it to your daddy. And you received the usual gapped up hair cut of the day.
A highlight of the experience was when you were finally old enough or big enough not to have to sit on the board to make you tall enough for the barber to cut, or gap, with ease.
I remember all of this today to bring another story to the front….. is a half sharp knife a sharp knife?….the razor strop attached to the barber’s chair guaranteed a sharp razor and a comfortable shave for the clean shaven gentlemen and salesman of our small town.
So, when in the fur shed of today, what basis do I have to complain of having a half sharp (no such thing, as half sharp …. It’s either sharp or dull) knife , when I can recall the trusted razor strop…..Hey!
I ordered one today from Amazon, supose to be here Tuesday ….I didn’t order any of the pretty colored perfume water to add after all the band-aids are applied. Who knows a blood transfusion may be the order of the day….but no half-ways anything.
(I sent this text to a trapper friend of mine a few minutes ago and he reassured me there was plenty of replace blood at the blood bank in Paris Texas….”Only” thirty minutes away LOL)

Think for yourself - you’re not sheep
Re: When a barber shop was a barber shoo [Re: Astrangebird] #8156846
06/18/24 06:58 AM
06/18/24 06:58 AM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Offline
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Offline
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
Looks good, strange. Takes me back a few decades to some pretty good memories. I can see and smell the barber shop now. I always got my hair cut at home (never in my 69 years did I get a barber cut), but the barber was grandpa to my fishin' pardner, and we'd walk in from time to time and go see Mister Dingle-britches (Ingebritzen).

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread