No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
DISAPPEARING COON IN THE BOX TRAP #6259751
06/14/18 11:12 AM
06/14/18 11:12 AM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline OP
trapper
henpecked1  Offline OP
trapper
H

new york
The coon have been getting into the backyard lately causing havoc, so the wife demanded the box trap be brought out especially when she was fighting with one over the broom the other night; not sure if the coon was keeping her from taking off as it was a full moon and she had to get to Bingo. Anyway I set the trap on the back porch next to the broom (flagging) and went to bed. Abut 2 am I heard a noise (my wife jabbing me in the ribs) and went to the living room (no this is not the nite before Christmas story)to look out on to the back porch at the trap, I turned on the light and there in the trap was the cute little bugger. Then I noticed the trap was not sprung, he was reaching past the treadle and was eating the seeds, peanuts and marsh mellows. Well I tapped on the window a couple of times and he looked up at me and to get a better look, he put his foot down on the treadle getting some leverage for a better view and the trap tripped (success). Now I wish I could say this story has a happy ending but I had to go back to bed which woke up my wife, who gave me some instructions as I drifted back to sleep. When I awoke in the morning, got my coffee headed to the porch, I noticed the trap was empty. I looked at my wife, who looked up resting her hand on the broom and said "wrong coon". Go figure: I got additional instructions. Henpecked1

Re: DISAPPEARING COON IN THE BOX TRAP [Re: henpecked1] #6259765
06/14/18 11:27 AM
06/14/18 11:27 AM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County

PM sent. grin

laugh Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: DISAPPEARING COON IN THE BOX TRAP [Re: henpecked1] #6259773
06/14/18 11:37 AM
06/14/18 11:37 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Monday I dropped of a toy peddle powered dozer and a picnic table for my nieces.

so the next night the girls are playing on the stuff and then bed time well a little while later there is a huge coon deciding he wants to try the dozzer.

my brother runs it off

and all I can think is , I bough you the gun , I gave you ammo , seriously do I have to come to your house and shoot the coon for you also.

yes he lives outside of town and shooting is legal

last year I was there for dinner and he decided it was time to get the patio furniture out of the barn , guess who we found living under the tarp, good thing I carry my own gun so I can shoot them big coons when they come out from under the tarp.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: DISAPPEARING COON IN THE BOX TRAP [Re: henpecked1] #6259775
06/14/18 11:39 AM
06/14/18 11:39 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
next time you catch a coon go dispatch it right away and if she says anything , tell her under interrogation it admitted to being of the same crime family as the other coon and you can't have one informing the others of the plan.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread