No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
SUP board fishing #6259791
06/14/18 12:04 PM
06/14/18 12:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
anyone stand up paddle board fishing?

the wife bought a Versaboard 2 years ago and she takes it out some , mostly I go in my canoe and she takes her board , but she let me borrow it the other day and I ran up and down the river about 3 miles getting used to it.

I could see giving it a try it is very easy to get in to places with.

probably the biggest bonus is how light and easy to transport I can just toss it in the bed of the truck I tie of the line so it can't slide out but it never has even moved.

I don't see it as a replacement for the canoe , the canoe works in warm or cold , keeps me dry keeps my gear dry and lets me carry a lot of gear I can stand up to cast just fine in the canoe and I can go for much longer in the canoe.

just wondered what others are doing. what you bring and how you store it.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: SUP board fishing [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6259834
06/14/18 01:21 PM
06/14/18 01:21 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline
trapper
MnMan  Offline
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
I don't but have witnessed others doing it and was impressed. One fella was real serious and had his rigged with a rod holder and depth finder and he would troll for walleyes by paddling up and down a channel nearby me. Last summer I watched as TWO young folks rode on one board while one would stand and cast and the other would sit and balance and watch. The guy and gal would trade off after one caught a fish. I saw them catch a few bass and northern before I walked out on my dock and commented about how impressed I was by the fact that they never tipped over

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: SUP board fishing [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6259932
06/14/18 04:09 PM
06/14/18 04:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have been looking at a portable fish finder one I could use in the canoe , the water in the river is so muddy you can't see the bottom and it would be nice to see features.

they have these new ones that are blue tooth to the phone or you can mount off your board or canoe and they float in the water looks like a big bobber but the price is more than I am willing to spend right now.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread