No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
house painting labor costs #6246045
05/23/18 10:04 AM
05/23/18 10:04 AM
s.w. Missouri
C
coolstucco Offline OP
trapper
coolstucco  Offline OP
trapper
C

s.w. Missouri
I have a customer who wants us to paint her soffits. I do stucco but have no idea what the going rate is for painting. Most is just single story, with a couple of small gables and one small two story gable on the back side of the home. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I want to be fair to her but also fair to myself. There is about 550 square foot of soffit rough estimate. Thanks for any advice.

Re: house painting labor costs [Re: coolstucco] #6246048
05/23/18 10:27 AM
05/23/18 10:27 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Hals a house painter he should be able to help you.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: house painting labor costs [Re: coolstucco] #6246054
05/23/18 10:37 AM
05/23/18 10:37 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
I'm a painter by trade. I've worked for a few different companies and had my own for 5 years.
#1- are you going to spray it or brush and roll?
#2- are you buying materials or the home owner?
#3- any repair work needed?
#4- if you're going to spray, how much covering? Close neighbors?
I always like to see jobs in person to give a price. I may see needed repairs that home owners don't, and I won't put my name on a job that is not going to be done right. Remember, when it comes to painting (especially when spraying) prep work is 80% of the job.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: house painting labor costs [Re: coolstucco] #6246059
05/23/18 10:46 AM
05/23/18 10:46 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
If you are in charge of getting materials, don't forget to add the cost of caulk, tape, masking paper, masking plastic, roller skins, any tools needed and your time/gas to get them. Also, do you need to power wash? Prime? How many coats is it gonna take? What color? Lots of variables to think about for an estimate.
Just a rough quote from me, in my area, with minimal prep work and me getting materials= $1,000.00
Price can also change due to height and obstacles....

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread