No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Missed opportunities… [Re: OhioBoy] #8129292
04/26/24 11:04 PM
04/26/24 11:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I've tried to guide my son several times deer hunting and he has had some of the crumbiest luck which I get down on myself for as his guide but gosh dang. He finally got a doe this past fall. I've seen and missed more large bucks the few times we've went together than I have seen by myself in my whole life. I try to explain to him that seeing them is most the fun but he is young and wasn't interested in hearing it. Luckily he got the monkey of his back. Luckily we have the monkey off our back I should say. All you can do is get them out there and ya can't fault a guy for trying. Good luck to ya.

I was mentoring my cousins kid the last 2 years , saw a bunch of deer and realized why , because I wasn't shooting the first one of good size to walk in

I was trying to get him to shoot , he still hasn't

knowing what shot you can make as they will seldom be what the tv shows or the hunters ed book show, being practiced enough to make it in fractions of a second , follow through if you need a follow up
and keeping your eyes looking for deer

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Missed opportunities… [Re: Wanna Be] #8129503
04/27/24 10:37 AM
04/27/24 10:37 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
When they stop and stretch their neck out with their head up high like that, that's your shot.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread