9 877 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
ttt Sold
1 152 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by MJM
I get e-mail from them all the time and have for years. I will take that bet.

X2
6 429 Read More
Trapping Only
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
Good story TimmeGee. I'll want to look into that later.

In similar fashion I often think of Jedediah's men that were murdered on the north shore of the Smith River near Reedsport while I ascend the river going after beaver and otter. Recently cadaver dogs were able to locate the exact location where the remains of 11 of them were buried by the McLeod led Hudson Bay expedition of fall 1826. McLeod was able to recover most of the beaver, horses, diaries and personal effects of the doomed brigade.
3 220 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
Why would sun damage only effect the first three inches of carpet. Being close to the door frame has to have something to do with it and moisture would surely be a safe guess right?

Try lighting a fire with a magnifier got to have the angle right
35 972 Read More
ADC Forum
Yesterday at 09:33 PM
We have a number of the large swing panels that we have used for woodchucks. I don’t find empty traps to be an issue. When set correctly they work fine. They are a nice budget alternative.

That said, they aren’t my favorite Comstock trap. I find the large swing panels a pain to set.

The door would be easy to push up if it was aimed the other way. The closing mechanism is different between the swing panels and the black traps.
1 66 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
We had a 3 legged black cat that had its leg removed when it was a kitten. I’ve seen that cat catch birds and defend itself with that one front leg. I thought for sure he was gonna get his butt whooped but he let that bully come in close and when that cat jumped, he flipped to his back and caught that cat with his one leg, rolled, and somehow pinned him to the deck and got his teeth on that throat. He didn’t kill it, but that cat never came back around again. I hate cats but have had a couple before.
10 887 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Korey
Walt are you back yet? Just found a couple beavers in the freezer that need fleshing!

I am back Korey. Next year I will have to go incognito as they probably won't let me in again. I did pick up a rather unique fleshing knife I will show you at the June rondy. You can try it out on the two beaver you found. It is a one of a kind knife.
371 53,608 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 08:10 PM
Steel will eat up copper, that's why plumbing ALWAYS has a BRASS fitting between the steel pipe and copper. Use thwe soapy water to check.
15 680 Read More
Trapping Only
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jingles
Only problem is with the price on rats only a couple $ (1.12 avg at local sale) almost seems a waste of time unless putting up super high numbers, then has to be in the hundreds. Make more per animal than make for the fur

Make something with them then. Mittens maybe?
5 718 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 08:01 PM
Those "Noodles" make outstanding kindling!
35 1,541 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
ttt-1
1 210 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 07:40 PM
ttt-3
3 245 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 07:40 PM
ttt-1
1 95 Read More
ADC Forum
Yesterday at 07:36 PM
The "Recipe" is a much better choice, and is not toxic.

1 Qt Hydrogen Peroxide
1 cup Baking Soda
1 good squirt Liquid Dish Soap

Mix well, don't try to save leftovers
13 553 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Just thought maybe I would share this anecdote on fruit growing:

About 30 years ago I went to look at a cider press at a guy's place about 10 miles away. I was amazed to see a two full sized orange trees with a heavy crop of full sized green oranges (nearly ripe) that October. He had them on the south side of a garage and had framework for a greenhouse built up over them but the plastic was only deployed during bad cold spells. It was doubled with a 4" spacing between. The old guy told me that when he first moved here he had asked about growing oranges to county extension and they scoffed at him saying it couldn't be done in our climate. We're on the 45th parallel zone 7a. Being Swedish I guess he had to prove them wrong.

Moral of the story is if you really want to grow peaches you probably can if you work at it enough.

Yup, my first dwarf peach made it 9-10 years, two -30 temp winters killed it.
Now I think if I provide a shelter when it's colder than -20 I can stop most of the winter damage
I tried the contender all three died, the Reliance is the one I have the best luck with, I have two of them
73 7,925 Read More
ADC Forum
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
I much prefer the trap with the hole in the pan and a cup for bait under it, but have found the plastic ones have a high fail rate from the dog breaking off. Never had a problem with the wire dog hitting anything, but have always made sure there was sufficient clearance for it.
4 100 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

I can see where & why an artist or photographer would NOT care for this.

Actually its a great tool to get a scene staged. You can then go and paint or draw it out to your satisfaction.

I think this^^^^ is already being used to produce the desired end product.. And no doubt AI is better than most artists in creating/matching the desired scene...

This is what I typed to produce these (ran this prompt thru about 6 times to get 3 or 4 pretty good pics):

White-tail buck in a soybean field in southern Georgia during a late summer afternoon with a thunderstorm building on the horizon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
22 869 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 06:26 PM
I've always had good success on eBay until about a month ago the exact same thing happened to me. No communication from the seller and they had a few late shipping reviews which I didn't think was too bad since they had over 200,000 feedbacks with a 99+% positive feedback rating. They finally responded as did eBay. I ended up with a refund and the item.
5 658 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Many years ago IL asked about feral cats then some legislator used that survey to introduce anti legislation based on misinformation gathered from that survey. We all know what damage feral cats can do to the environments they live in.

It seems what we catch is never really ours if they want to make a stink out of it as rules, permits, tags and licenses never seem to be enough to escape the never ending reds.
9 254 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Anytime you fly it’s a good idea to check all your baggage. My carryon gets a thorough look. Even my turkey vest which is checked baggage is thoroughly emptied and checked. All ammo, guns, and knives go in the locked gun case. Ammo is in boxes and I tape them and save empties to put back in the box for the return flight so if checked, they don’t shake as having loose ammo.
I can’t believe TSA missed it. Heck I have a locked gun case and every trip I don’t have locks when landing and a note that says they had reason to suspect a weapon. I’m like, duh, it’s a locked gun case and the declared paperwork is inside. And I have to buy new locks no matter where I land even though my locks are TSA approved and make my departing airport unlock them with their key!! Instead of unlocking them, they cut them.

You should NEVER use TSA approved locks especially on a gun case. They can be opened with a master key.

I have flown with guns countless times and never had an issue. I would question the integrity of TSA at the airports you are using if that is happening to you
20 1,375 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
I've sought advice from a lot of local goat herdsmen so hopefully the fencing plan I am implementing this spring will work.
41 3,639 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:12 PM
One of the largest invasive species there is, barn cat or not.
2 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:08 PM
I did put some oak leaves (not many) after planting. I figure it'll help keep the soil from drying out
45 5,358 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:07 PM
Nigel.... grin
45 1,341 Read More
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7