Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Good Morning 34 sunny!
20 295 Read More
Trapping Only
Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Why not go to ND they have tons of rats and they have some great well furred coyotes. And the river systems are loaded with beaver. And those Red River mink are the size of a small otter. And then you have lots of skunks and badgers to trap.
I think for a nonresident Alaska would be a tough place to trap. I have family there and I wouldn't even consider trapping there.
I trapped the south for 12 years. If you can't catch 300 beaver In 2 months time your no trapper. Then for every beaver there are always lots of otter to catch. And the bob cat population Is good. The fur Isn't of great value but the numbers will make up for It. I don't know If there Is still a live market . But I made some big bucks when I was there.
Leaving your home range Is always a big under taking and It won't be easy and It won't be cheap.
12 1,492 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 01:53 PM
looks like couple of pickups,soccer vans and one cadillac..
22 1,848 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 01:50 PM
Coyotes in NYS are usually a fair amount heavier that many other locations.

Maybe some of you guys from back there will chime in.

I weighed a couple of them years ago and they were always in the 40lb range.

I personally know others that have been caught that weighed more.
11 719 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 01:36 PM
glystar and buccanner are more names that utilize glyphosate herbicide - remember they will kill all and not just weeds - but good thing is you can plant quickly and not usually long residual unless other herbicides also in mix as an active ingredient
8 268 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 12:59 PM
TTT 1 - Price dropped
1 291 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
There's a reason that you can't find them anywhere.

They didn't work for squat !
19 1,836 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 12:13 PM
Super Congratulations
11 385 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 11:57 AM
ttt. Sold
1 310 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Do mine in the fall less contamination possibility that way, heck I redo the ones that I did not use the year before then just to be sure that way.

Me too!
6 430 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 11:38 AM
Cool pict. Wolfie
2 359 Read More
Trapping Only
Yesterday at 11:36 AM
I’m making beaver tail oil, but the video I saw the guy tossed in more than tails. A kinda chopped into cubes. The jars lid is screwed on loose with cloth under it and left in the sun for a few months. Nice black oil on top when it’s done, and the other stuff underneath can be frozen and used for attracting whatever or tossed.
4 724 Read More
Auction Forum
Yesterday at 11:27 AM
Paid .....Thank you,Bruce
1 5,123 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
Yesterday at 11:16 AM
thank you, Sir!
2 276 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
Yesterday at 10:10 AM
Mr Norway Marten, If you are building a castor-based lure for marten try adding a touch of asafoetida. I'm finding that the fisher and marten here seem very attracted to it.
7 1,571 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 09:43 AM
1 161 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 08:43 AM
nice fish
9 608 Read More
Trapping Only
Yesterday at 06:16 AM
Yes, take advantage of those beaver carcasses!

Sun render the tails and fat, use the castors & oil sacs. Rot down some of the livers. Have fun.
1 309 Read More
Auction Forum
Yesterday at 03:58 AM
Stevie wins for 40.00. Payment instructions are at the top of the page. Thank you for your support.
9 525 Read More
Auction Forum
Yesterday at 03:56 AM
BubbaCampbell wins for 185.00. Payment instructions are at the top of the page. Thank you for your support.
11 453 Read More
Auction Forum
Yesterday at 03:55 AM
Raghorn67 wins for 55.00. Payment instructions are at the top of the page. Thank you for your support.
7 395 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Not sure about showing you how it's down but will post my results. Will say I've never reloaded a rifle cartridge in my life, so it will be a new adventure when i get to that point. First try a handful of factor loads then start working on the bedding.
Part of the reason I went with the 6.5 CM as it is suppose to easy to load for.

So I deep dived it a little and yeah the development of the creed along with with reamers and all , basically make it ok of those deal where it's kinda hard to not have one shoot decent. It's a lot of gunsmithing mumbo jumbo, talking about shoulder angles distance to lands along with modern bullet tech... I'm not qualified to really explain it but yeah the fact all the rifles are being made with modern more up to date what evers to kinda match the bullets out there just make work.
That being said it's also caused tom problems with people trying to use it the exact same way as older similar cartridges ... But that a big long rabbit hole that I'm not super qualified to talk about
34 1,374 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 03:25 AM
Look how the main street media treated the" Occupy wall street " and" Chaz" nonsense. I mean what did these nuts really want? Maybe "World Peace"? smile
21 1,480 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 02:50 AM
So as some of you may know I run an odd jobs business and I made a thread a couple of weeks ago to see if anyone would be interested in what I do for work I just got back into doing jobs again since I ran out so I decided I should start this thread. I do all kinds of work from mowing to tree removal to shed cleanout. Anything and everything and if I don't know how, I'll learn how to do it. I would appreciate constructive criticism on my work and how to improve.

Here's the first job of the thread. This is a yard that I don't charge for and one of the only ones that I do it for. The reason is the guy is an old trapper who's knees don't work like they used to and he has since hung up his traps. He can also no longer do this kind of work as he can't stand for very long so it's been up to me and his few neighbors to keep his yard in shape. I have driven past and seen branches and trees fallen in his yard so I decided to stop tonight and start cleaning them up. We have been talking about doing some trading but some unfortunate events and family stuff on his side have stopped it from happening, I'm going to keep that drama out of it.

Today was day 1 of cleaning up his yard and the goal of today was to get all of the branches bucked up into manageable chunks to load into the trailer. I did this and dragged them up to his driveway for easier loading. I did accomplish this goal for the day and will be going back at a later date with my trailer to load the branches up and bring them to my dumping grounds. This work was all done with a Stihl MS180 and my hands, no machinery.

I would like to get a bigger saw like an MS291, but I'm waiting to find one second hand so I'm not putting a bunch of money into another saw. I have ran a friend's MS291 and like the power and feel of it in my hands and not having to bend over because of the bigger bar was a big plus.

Here are the pictures from today

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 152 Read More
Auction Forum
Yesterday at 02:44 AM
$145
13 444 Read More
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7