Fur Handling Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Need help getting coons off boards. [Re: Chasin Reds] #1061610
12/20/08 01:23 AM
12/20/08 01:23 AM
Ely, Minnesota, coolest small ...
M
madtrapper Offline
trapper
madtrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Ely, Minnesota, coolest small ...
All of the above, plus you might try waxing your boards by rubbing a cake of parafin or trap wax along the edge of the board around the neck and shoulder area before you put them on the board.

Ely, Minnesota, coolest small town in America, 2010.
Re: Need help getting coons off boards. [Re: madtrapper] #1061800
12/20/08 07:48 AM
12/20/08 07:48 AM
Kent Co. Delaware
reddawg Offline
trapper
reddawg  Offline
trapper

Kent Co. Delaware
I use to have trouble removing coon hides until I took a serious look at my boards . If you look at the "Fur Harvesters" Coon board size. You will note that it is tapered nearly it's entire length.Be it ever so slight the further you go down the board.Never-the-less a slight taper exists.This and belly boards stopped all my problems.I bet if you look at your board after the pelt is removed, somewhere it is under-cut .

"Life's tough,pilgrim,and it's even tougher if you're stupid ."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91