ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Skunk Grubbing Time Frame [Re: webfootwhacker] #3268964
08/11/12 08:03 PM
08/11/12 08:03 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I could have written this same post about a half dozen places this year. I've caught entire families, one raccoon at a time. The good part is that eventually you take them all out. The bad part is why all the empty cages? I would like to blame it on the weather but in other spots I nailed them all in two days.

I do know one thing for sure, trapping muskrats in low water will definitely test your patience. If I have three muskrats on a pond, it will probably take 15 days. These guys are afraid of everything, especially me!

Re: Skunk Grubbing Time Frame [Re: webfootwhacker] #3289789
08/24/12 10:52 PM
08/24/12 10:52 PM
Northern Minnesota
W
webfootwhacker Offline OP
trapper
webfootwhacker  Offline OP
trapper
W

Northern Minnesota
I am down to the nitty gritty now.

I believe there is just one skunk left. I have removed 5 coon and 1 skunk. There are maybe 6 to 10 new small, cone-shaped holes every few days. Doesn't seem to matter what I bait with (including grubstake and peaches 'n cream) or where I place the traps (primarily right on the fresh damage), or how I try to guide them with drift fence...still can't get that last one. Just doesn't seem interested in the cages. Tried hanging large marshmallows (I haven't tried the bagel yet Bob) to increase eye appeal and trailing scent too. The landowner seems pleased with the lack of new, appreciable damage like she was experiencing before I removed the coon, but I won't feel good about cashing the check until I get that last one. It's been a couple weeks since the last catch and the few small holes are persisting. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread