ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ProLine] #3393649
10/29/12 11:09 AM
10/29/12 11:09 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: ProLine
Folks from NJ, FL, CA, GA, OH, KY, CO and IN where there.

We also had three from Tennessee , John Pearson, Nashville and Matt and Crystal Chitwood from Knoxville.

Matt Chitwood walked home with a Collarum Courtesy of Alan Huot Of Wildlife Control Supplies. http://shopwcs.com

Tim Julien I am very grateful that you Paul Brooker and Eric Arnold felt the Rondi was important enough to attend. I am open to ideas how to make next years Rondi better. Your are an awesome guy glad to have met you.

Eric Arnold between your recent bat removal podcast and Tips on Roofs, Caulking and Exclusions. I owe you and then some.

Ron Jones drove home heading to the storm of a century some are calling a "Frankenstorm". I can't even begin to put into words how important his presence was at this Rondi and every time he finds the time to do podcasts with me. Jonesie I am again in your debt.

Warrior spent the whole day in a kilt. Not only was he a sight but if you wanted to add sting insect removal as an add on service his class was very useful.

I looking forward to Paul Brooker and Rick Federation stepping in and helping with future podcasts and a bigger role in newt years Rondi.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: John Pearson] #3394304
10/29/12 05:44 PM
10/29/12 05:44 PM
Tennessee
M
mchitwood Offline
trapper
mchitwood  Offline
trapper
M

Tennessee
We had a great time at the event and thanks to all for the advice. We are glad that we got a chance to meet everyone and I've brought a lot of knowledge (plus a collarum!) back to Knoxville with me. Hanging out at the campground with you guys was great. My only suggestion would be to get that part of the event better organized for next year. Wish more could have come spent some time at camp, we covered a lot of topics!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #3394748
10/29/12 08:58 PM
10/29/12 08:58 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
I think I need to put a good/better effort into attending next year even if it is in the middle of antelope season. How many attendees did you have Robb?

Dude - you need to get out of the big city and see some of your peeps sometime!

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3394823
10/29/12 09:19 PM
10/29/12 09:19 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I think making it a two day event during alligator season would be a good idea. I wish I hd spent time at the campground and socialized a more. I learn so much more in an informal setting. So many people who aren't ones to get up in front of a crowd will share there knowledge around a fire or under the moon.
If someone puts in and gets drawn for an alligator tag especially if your from out of state I think Tim and I can help you get the gator with a little help from some our Georgia buddies. It doesn't cost to put in and you do it on line.
I bought three of Kirks traps that I plan to leave to my grandchildren. I'll update about them on here when I get them. I don't know if a trap needs to be as good as he makes them but if you have to err it is best to err on the side of to good. I think these traps would hold my grand kids. I know they will hold coon,ground hog, beaver etc.
I never met a person in Georgia I didn't like except the waitress at Applebee's and it turned out she was from New York city. I have decided though it may not have been her fault. I ws with Tim Julien and Eric Arnold and anyone who knows them knows they can be wieners. I can't type the word I want the auto moderator calls me names.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3394867
10/29/12 09:32 PM
10/29/12 09:32 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Well it was great to be part of the outting and meeting many of you all. Rick tell Bruce that next time we need to hear more about his beaver attrration methods LOL It was good to see ya again Tim let me know how the trap works.

well the eye of the storm passed over about a hour ago things qt right now round 2 gona start soon for those that know about huicanns. Robb, not as bad as we was thinking only 80 mph winds with 15 to 26 feet storm surgers. we got home in the beginning of the 1st storm got to batten down the hatches this morning before the main event.

great outting Robb

For all those that could not attend for what ever reason try to make next year I am sure it will even be better then the first two years. I assure you, you will learn something new no matter how long you have been doing this and the time spent afterwards with the other attendees is priceless.[/quote]

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3395564
10/30/12 10:05 AM
10/30/12 10:05 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Thanks for the comments guys I made a few calls yesterday and will continue until I reach everyone for comments.

The Rondi was a learning experience for me. Last year the logistics was simple coordinate food with Kirk Dekalb and Teena Newman. Schedule classes.

This year we were blessed with the expertise of so many of our presenters. Logistics changed. Food was out of our hands - a good thing. But we had presenters coming in from South Jersey Indianapolis,Indiana, Longmount Colorado, Cleveland , Cleveland, Ohio, Atlanta and Moultrie Georgia.

Thank you all of you Kirk, Tim, Ron, Eric, David, Rick, Rod, Neil, and my own team Fran, Marie, and Eddie.

Eric If I could do it again I would give you the whole afternoon. I plan to keep a full morning in the dirt dedicated to animal trapping.

Fran, my business manager has the job to plan, market, and create interest in the 3rd Annual Moutrie Rondi Oct 18-19 2013.

If your interested in being a presenter or vendor in next years show please pm me so we can include you in our plans for next year.

Time was my worst enemy and when I decided to add Rod Pinkston and his feral hog trapping and hunting presentation I knew I may run into a longer day as we did.

We are considering planning two days next year. Tie in the consumer, AG students and WCO's better.

Planning and coordinating the event with the College and Moultrie Technical College's own Fish & Game Wildlife Management department.

This year the event will be planned year round and not the last 2 months. I can promise you I will do my best to get bigger numbers (28), more content and have a plan for after hours for everyone to meet before and after the vent After Hours Club.

Camping

Originally this was supposed to be Kirk's Camporee

This turned out right away to not go the way we planned. We had 28 spaces available and in days ran out of spaces and think we ended up with just three reserved spaces. Our boots on the ground have identified what to ask for over the phone and when to reserve them (90 days is earliest available we can reserve).

Bob Brousseau last night committed to be our Campsite Organizer for 2013. He knows what section to ask for and how much we need 90 days out to reserve it.

electric, camping and showering facilities nearby

After Hours Club

We well meet up each night at the Catfish House near Reed Bingham State Park . They had plenty of room to handle large crowds, good food and give Bruce something to look forward to and if not him. Others.

Lodging was plentiful.
Plenty of motels in Adel (four miles away and Moutrie (15 miles away) nearby .

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3395964
10/30/12 03:41 PM
10/30/12 03:41 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
With the quality of the presenters that were there this year, I would love to see it go to a full 2 day event. I second the motion for giving Eric Arnold a full half day. If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to demo drift fence methods for armadillos etc.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396029
10/30/12 05:03 PM
10/30/12 05:03 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Online content
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Online Content
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Barehunter,
Does your demonstration bear any resemblance to this? http://adcnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=predators&action=display&thread=216

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396046
10/30/12 05:17 PM
10/30/12 05:17 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Talk about mixed emotions! With one of our guys still out, I'm very proud of the fact that I could help make this the best October ever for our company. Having said that, I also feel that I missed a really great opportunity to meet old friends and make some new ones at what had to be one of this year's best events.

While I have met many of the presenters and attendees, it would have been fantastic to meet face to face with Robb, David, and Rick, just to mention a few. Perhaps after I re-retire they will have another one.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396070
10/30/12 05:33 PM
10/30/12 05:33 PM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

somewhere in the middle of MT
Paul, maybe we could car pool, or would it be plane pool? Better yet could we take your private jet, you know the black one with the white stripe?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: LAtrapper] #3396469
10/30/12 08:57 PM
10/30/12 08:57 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: LAtrapper
Barehunter,
Does your demonstration bear any resemblance to this? http://adcnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=predators&action=display&thread=216

Yep. that's exactly what I use. Probably not worth giving a talk about but I'd be happy to set up a static display or whatever.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread