ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840689
06/11/13 08:07 PM
06/11/13 08:07 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I told you Dave. At least now I know why Krier's in Michigan and his daughter is still answering the phone. He's out sailing with you. Do you two ever work?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: ] #3840695
06/11/13 08:11 PM
06/11/13 08:11 PM
Northeastern Michigan
DannelBoone Offline OP
trapper
DannelBoone  Offline OP
trapper

Northeastern Michigan
Originally Posted By: DaveK
Help me, please!

Called hit the Delete button

Im WATCHIN YOU & !!LOCKED & LOADED !!

http://wildcatchtrapping.proboards.com
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840699
06/11/13 08:13 PM
06/11/13 08:13 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Bel had a card game...so she said that he could play today. We try not to work, but that is tough to do. He is back on the phones...so if you have an interesting critter problem...it might be a good time to call.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840715
06/11/13 08:18 PM
06/11/13 08:18 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Ya really got a anti trapper on here attacking my mi brother . I've resolved some major problems trapping bats maybe even saved human life . Bat trapping has a place just because people lack skill on how to use them doesn't give reason to bash legal trapping . Dew makes and sells conibear supports by the thousands to trapping supply company's and at trappers conventions wish to bash him on that as well . He's always a active madca and NWCOA member up on his training wish to bash him there as well .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: ] #3840731
06/11/13 08:25 PM
06/11/13 08:25 PM
Northeastern Michigan
DannelBoone Offline OP
trapper
DannelBoone  Offline OP
trapper

Northeastern Michigan
Originally Posted By: DaveK
[/quote]How else would people learn the right way to do something? Conferences cost money.

Dave you sound as Bad as a few other people on Bat trapping. It isn't the rite way to do Bat removal you need to stand on your own two feet instead of riding one another Back . Michigan feels Bat Live trapping is one of the rite ways to Humanly Extract Bats from a dwelling. I haven't seen any photo's or video's on other work other's use .

Offering Bat trapping isn't a wrong unless it is Illegal in your state .

Last edited by DannelBoone; 06/11/13 08:27 PM.

Im WATCHIN YOU & !!LOCKED & LOADED !!

http://wildcatchtrapping.proboards.com
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840742
06/11/13 08:30 PM
06/11/13 08:30 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Yet.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840767
06/11/13 08:39 PM
06/11/13 08:39 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
So Dave, are you too saying that you will work to ban what is now legal trapping in Michigan?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: ] #3840782
06/11/13 08:46 PM
06/11/13 08:46 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
How else would people learn the right way to do something? Conferences cost money. [/quote]
Touche'!

That Justin would be called an "anti" or suggestions made to ban him from T-man only shows the level of anti-scientific and parochial thought here.
Wink, try this: "Wanna see the bats? Watch the one-way at dusk - they'll be pouring out of there."
If the customer's wishes are truly in opposition to professional solutions, we should politely and respectfully explain so to him. I do it all the time.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840791
06/11/13 08:51 PM
06/11/13 08:51 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Look - this industry is made up of a diverse group of misfits (myself included). From my experience, I have yet to see anyone agree on anything. People can not come together to move this industry forward in a common direction. Since we all run our separate ways....why not push for causes that be believe on our own? Perhaps, we will make a lot of noise...but have little impact. Perhaps not.

We have skunk-by-the-tail removal technique believers. Anti-bat-trap believers. Anti-regulation believers. Pro-regulation believers. Part timers. Full timers. BS'ers. Turtleman. Business man. Hog trappers. Goose Chasers. Feral cat trappers. Kitty lovers. Professors. 4th Grader's. Inventors. Trap makers. Internet advertising pushers. Fur trappers. ADC operators. Franchise owners. Mom and Pop'ers. Cona-bear lovers. Havaheart haters.

You can put me in the anti-bat-trap camp. I do not see a need...for any of the groups listed above.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840803
06/11/13 08:58 PM
06/11/13 08:58 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I think bat trapping is the way to go at times and here's how I doit .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaHx0oNFWWk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Going to outlaw why . I've herd it right from the horses mouth the Feds say there counting the numbers and when the rabbies climbs high enough there getting the funding to start gassing are bats to death . If anything every bat excluded should be trapped and extremnated before are numbers do get to high and the Feds take over the bat work in this state want to get a law passed that should be the one passed to thin them out if we have problem to a point there on the hit list .

Dew has made it clear he relocates them and doesn't miss Leed people . So he takes them out to areas people like bats . He removes 300 bats chances are there's a few that would test positive for rabbies why have them laying around the yard or in some crack around the house . We use check values tubes because we're lazy let the bats do the work . I got better things to do then run bat traps but if there coming down in the house different story can't have bats in people's shoes can you I'm mean really

Free Trapper
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840812
06/11/13 09:03 PM
06/11/13 09:03 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Dave (and Justin) I don't really care what you think but when you start to dictate to others that your way is the only way and your going to use the law to make sure everyone does as you say.... I have a real, big problem.

Conduct your business as you think right but who the H>>E>>L>>L(sorry) heck do you think you are to tell others how they should run theirs, especially to the point of working to passing laws to ban what is now legal?

The arrogance is astounding.

Last edited by sgs; 06/12/13 09:08 AM.
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840828
06/11/13 09:09 PM
06/11/13 09:09 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Who am I? Perhaps, a single voice. Do you think a single voice can make a difference? I can't tell people how they should run theirs...but I can speak.

Who are you?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: Peskycritter] #3840852
06/11/13 09:18 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
I think bat trapping is the way to go at times and here's how I doit .

Going to outlaw why . I've herd it right from the horses mouth the Feds say there counting the numbers and when the rabbies climbs high enough there getting the funding to start gassing are bats to death . If anything every bat excluded should be trapped and extremnated before are numbers do get to high and the Feds take over the bat work in this state want to get a law passed that should be the one passed to thin them out if we have problem to a point there on the hit list .

What the heck does a herd of horses and an outlaw have to do with this?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840853
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
That's my point Dave. We should all be able to conduct business as we see fit, under the law. If you or someone else doesn't think bat traps are good, that's perfectly fine. Don't use them. But don't force your opinions on others.

Do you realize that other folks opinions are just as valid as yours and maybe more so?

Who are you to be telling anyone else what they can and cannot do? Would you like me telling you how you should conduct your business or working to impose my opinions by law?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840867
06/11/13 09:24 PM
06/11/13 09:24 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

SQS - I see your point. But, on the other hand, other people's opinions are already imposed upon my business....be it taxes...unemployment rates...getting a permit...licensing...and a plethora of other things. Why not stand up for what I believe?

A bat is not a fur bearer...it won't impact the tradition of trapping. This is not an anti-trapping movement.

By the way, it is a competitive advantage not to trap bats. Pushing this idea...only hurts my business.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840878
06/11/13 09:30 PM
06/11/13 09:30 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Quote:
Why not stand up for what I believe?

You should stand up for what you believe, as I do. The problem comes when we try to impose our opinions on others.

I asked you before and I didn't see an answer, are you going to try to ban legal bat trapping in Michigan?

Are you going to try to impose your opinion on everyone?

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840924
06/11/13 09:45 PM
06/11/13 09:45 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

I certainly support a ban, but I can't say that I am running to the nearest legislator's office. I would rather see this group become educated. I apologize if that sounds arrogant.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840931
06/11/13 09:50 PM
06/11/13 09:50 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Because if the bats were thinned out some then are bat rabbies would not reach the point funding would be given . I've never met a single soul wouldn't have the government remove there bat problem for free .thats where we're headed right now if bat rabbies keeps climbing there will be no bat work . I would view this
Much more likly a threat then dew moving a box of bats to some old barn

Free Trapper
Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840939
06/11/13 09:52 PM
06/11/13 09:52 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
It does but that is neither here nor there.

There is a big difference in supporting a ban if asked and working to make sure that a ban happens.

Re: Looking for DWL [Re: DannelBoone] #3840943
06/11/13 09:54 PM
06/11/13 09:54 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Pesky - I can tell you from the MI Bat Working group meetings in Lansing...made up of FWS, MDNR, and Health Department folks...this is not the case.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread