ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Can Not Sell a Coyote Job [Re: Muddawg] #3995047
09/11/13 07:28 AM
09/11/13 07:28 AM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Lol... I'm on a fixed income....

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: Can Not Sell a Coyote Job [Re: Muddawg] #3995094
09/11/13 08:04 AM
09/11/13 08:04 AM
Dudley NC
M
Muddawg Offline OP
trapper
Muddawg  Offline OP
trapper
M

Dudley NC
Oh, I got more stories about that.

I use to work for a lady who owned more rental properties than Carters got liver pills. Her home was 5 bedrooms, three full baths and high dollar trinkets decorating most every room. Cadillac in the garage. Complained about EVERY bill I ever gave her. Stopped calling me because I refused to warrantee a faucet that she bought from Lowes.

Another little old lady that gave me the "Fixed Income" excuse every time she called. I took pity on her, too, and cut what I could off each bill. When she died, I caught the article in the newspaper where she left her son hundreds of thousands of dollars and a farm!

There was the guy who owned a trailer park with over 30 units in it, who complained about ever bill I gave until I got tired of hearing it and charged the last one accordingly. He didn't pay it and has not called me back.

I have another customer who is a used car dealer. He's always griped about every bill. I normally have to sit down and explain ever dollar of each bill to him and SHOW him his savings. It's become a game with us now. But He'll continue to call me because, though he would never admit it to me, he can't get the quality work I do any cheaper anywhere else.

There was one lady who taught me a little about human nature. "That which can be seen is worth more than that which is hidden"
I went to her house to check a leak in her sink drain. Turns out, her sink drain had deteriorated to the point where I had to replace it from the sink all the way back to the main sewer line. Half a day and some 30 some feet of pipe later, I gave her a bill for about 275 dollars. Wow! From her reaction, you would have thought that I have slapped her. BUT... She called me back a couple weeks later wanting me to change out an outside door to her utility room. This door I had to cut to fit as the hole was nowhere near standard. The ceiling was too low for a standard door. Then I had to reframe the opening to accommodate it. It took me a full day to hang one stupid door. The bill for that was over 600 dollars. She smiled, said "Thank you!" and wrote the check. I was a bit surprised that I didn't have to explain that bill but soon after it dawned on me what the difference was. The sink drain was under the house, hidden from view. But she could SEE that door.

I had to learn the hard way but over time I DID learn. The bill is what the bill is! Can't help it but I can't work for free.

Muddawg
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread