Cooking on the Wild Side

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives~Lure Formulator Forum
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
looking for a SPICY pickled egg recipe #5187675
09/07/15 04:30 PM
09/07/15 04:30 PM
clarksville, tennessee
davehobie Offline OP
trapper
davehobie  Offline OP
trapper

clarksville, tennessee
Seams like no matter how many hot peppers I put in there it just does not turn out very hot...

I am looking for a flamethrower recipe!!!!

NSDQ
Re: looking for a SPICY pickled egg recipe [Re: davehobie] #5188330
09/08/15 12:57 AM
09/08/15 12:57 AM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Hi, I would suggest it is not the number of hot peppers you put in, but that the peppers you are using do not have enough capsicum in them which makes peppers hot. If you are looking for flame throwers, then those are the small Asian types which you can either grow, find at an Asian market or order from a source online in dried form.
You have to be careful with these varieties though as they are extremely hot and can be dangerous. When first dealing with hot peppers, I overlooked wearing gloves and my hands about four hours later were on fire. It was an interesting time looking online for a remedy, which is bleach, but that did not completely cure the problem.
The key in the recipe is boiling the vinegar and the peppers to release the capsicum also, but do not breathe the fumes or get them on you.
I hope that helps as I came across a Vietnamese red sauce last year which just hurt.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread