ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6128212 - 01/17/18 12:05 AM Re: Beaver Help [Re: Digger Catcher1]
pass-thru Offline
trapper

Loc: Va
I think it is ludicrous to relocate beavers. But it is also dishonest to give somebody the impression that you will relocate, and then kill them. Whatever you do, stay honest about it.

#6128319 - 01/17/18 06:55 AM Re: Beaver Help [Re: Digger Catcher1]
Kirk De Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
relocating often has a very low success rate, I don't know if beaver is any different.

I would think it would work best, or not at all, unless you had an old pool or low pond with no inflow except when it rains. Also no out flowing water at the time of release. Release two at the same time. Do your relocating just after mating. Here that is late November or the first week in December. The no ingress or egress holds them and gives them time to adjust.

It usually starts getting a wet winter in December.

Then go back and catch them before they have their young and open the flow as it was before the release.

Hunt ducks in the pond from the sorghum you planted in July in the dry bed at the head of the pond and its dry low banks.

As long as you caught the beaver out after hunting, your not hurting other landowners.

#6141995 - 01/30/18 07:21 AM Re: Beaver Help [Re: Digger Catcher1]
swampdonkey Offline
trapper

Loc: massachusetts
Who the H*** wants a live beaver ? laugh

Edited by swampdonkey (01/30/18 07:26 AM)

#6151563 - 02/08/18 08:44 AM Re: Beaver Help [Re: Digger Catcher1]
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper

Loc: New York
I really enjoyed snaring and releasing beaver back 20 plus years ago. Great P.R. with the public while the beaver are there either to catch another day in a new location or breed more, job security. In a few years I transplanted more than 200. But, the state policy now is no relocation. I lose a job now and then because some don't want them dispatched. I released a bunch of nuisance otter last year, fun to do with prices so low anyway.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2