No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Spanking children, I'll never to it again [Re: Birch Tree] #6150402
02/06/18 10:53 PM
02/06/18 10:53 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline OP
trapper
harleydparts  Offline OP
trapper

east TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Birch Tree
That situation gives you nightmares? Just wow, seriously? I am a father of 2, my son is almost 3 and a half years old and while I make mistakes I own up to them by sitting down with him and hugging him and explaining to him that daddy made a mistake and that I am sorry and I will do better next time (there is always a next time with small children). I only spank when it is truly needed, since I was abused as a child I am very careful about when and how I punish my children. I will never have a hard time sleeping over a mistake as small as that because it is better to use every mistake as a teaching moment for both you and the child!

Hey Mark, nightmares? Yep, a lot of things do. Sliding the Freightliner sideways on the ice, screw ups with folks, I see them when I'm sleeping and think about what I could have done different. Screwing up with a kid? Way into bad dream land. Over and over again my friend (remember that song?) . With my kids, never, grandkids just really and truly mess with me. You just wait. It'll be different from your kids.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Spanking children, I'll never to it again [Re: GritGuy] #6150420
02/06/18 11:08 PM
02/06/18 11:08 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline OP
trapper
harleydparts  Offline OP
trapper

east TN, USA
Originally Posted By: GritGuy
Just ought to start walking around spanking kids when you feel they don't do right LOL

I'd never spank my grand kids, although I would make sure they knew I was upset with their decision.

Spanking is for the parents to do, no one else in my world, don't matter what the little carpet climbers do, if they did so bad I felt they needed it I would address this with the parents, not ever directly do the deed.

Did I ever spank my own, oh yea and right now thats why I don't worry about spanking my grand kids !

And right there is what I should of done. And will do in the future. Advice to grandparents, read it twice.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread