No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159236
02/15/18 11:05 PM
02/15/18 11:05 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
So what's the plan to get all these AR's and AK's out of the hands of U.S. citizens?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159266
02/15/18 11:51 PM
02/15/18 11:51 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
So the way I figure is this. Something has to be done to stop the mass killings that are happening.

I do not know what the answer is but I don't think putting a loaded gun in every teachers desk is the answer and unless we can come up with some sort of compromise we may just loose our rights to bear arms.

For those that don't want any compromise I say to you, you may lose all rights if we keep having these mass killings.

Is the right to own a gun that can shoot 30 rounds worth the life of a child?

I know I have opened a can of worms. Just my thoughts.

And yes I know it is not the gun. It is the shooter.

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159268
02/15/18 11:56 PM
02/15/18 11:56 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
But how do you propose we get the 5 or 10 or 50 million semi autos out of circulation?

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: beeman] #6159308
02/16/18 01:06 AM
02/16/18 01:06 AM
Oklahoma
W
Wesley Offline
trapper
Wesley  Offline
trapper
W

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: beeman
So the way I figure is this. Something has to be done to stop the mass killings that are happening.

I do not know what the answer is but I don't think putting a loaded gun in every teachers desk is the answer and unless we can come up with some sort of compromise we may just loose our rights to bear arms.

For those that don't want any compromise I say to you, you may lose all rights if we keep having these mass killings.

I know I have opened a can of worms. Just my thoughts.

And yes I know it is not the gun. It is the shooter.

It sure is worth it to me, that's a stupid way to look at it though.

Previously Bridger158, before the great "Time Out".

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159323
02/16/18 01:40 AM
02/16/18 01:40 AM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

49th State
The focus seems to be on the object rather than the person. The person did this. The person is the monster, not that rifle.

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159338
02/16/18 02:37 AM
02/16/18 02:37 AM
AK
F
FL cracker in AK Offline
trapper
FL cracker in AK  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Everyone is forgetting that the Second Amendment is for the citizens to protect themselves first off from a tyrannical government's army and police. I am sorry some people break laws already in place against using any weapon to commit murder. However, do not take away my means of defense from a tyrannical government in the future, just to appease emotions on the alter of the immediate. If you want to appease your emotions over this lawbreaking mass murderer, hang him publicly on live television. That would not only make him pay for his crime, but discourage others who might aspire to do the same.

Psalm 34:6
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159344
02/16/18 03:16 AM
02/16/18 03:16 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Originally Posted By: ~ADC~
Was there no mental illness when we were kids? Everyone had guns. I shot sparrows out of the bus barn at the school with a .22 with bird shot and rode the mower with dad there and shot ground squirrels with a .410 off it! Every one had guns in the truck in the parking lot and there were no school shootings!!!

I have said for years these video games are one major difference than when we were kids. Kids just hit reset and have no sense of death.

BUT as for the number of people killed the AR style gun DID contribute to that IN MY OPIONION ... Combat and confrontation is what it was designed for. That can't be denied.
Now before I start getting slammed I hunt , have my whole life. Own 30 some odd guns, pistols and long guns of every size and shape. BUT none are any type of ASSAULT rifle. Never felt the need or want for one. Never had the need to put multiple shots quickly down range. But now will come the phrase "I got mine to defend my home." Well good, someone comes in my home it's my 12 gauge pump or the many 9 mm I have placed thru out the house that I go for.
Of course the reason gun owners must stand not to let the ASSAULT style rifles be taken is we have no ideal where the gubment will stop confiscating !!!!!!!!!!!!
Just me..............

I don't own an AR but I do own an "assault rifle". It was given to me when I was 9 or 10. It has a wood stock, with a squirrel engraved in it, is a deadly semi-auto rifle and holds a whopping 17 shots. It is a Marlin .22 LR squirrel gun, and I could have killed the same number of people, without reloading.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: canebrake] #6159349
02/16/18 03:42 AM
02/16/18 03:42 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: canebrake
There is always going to be crazy people in the world who do this kind of foolishness. More guns in the schools is the only thing that is going to slow it down. Armed guards and some armed teachers and coaches would help immensely. A gun-free zone is the stupidest, most ridiculous and dangerous place in the country.

This is what it comes down to. There IS no way to "prevent" a mass shooting like this, only equalize it as quickly as possible by armed guards/teachers/coaches taking down the psycho.

Besides that, another thing that might help is having schools locked down. They did that even in the late 90s when I was in high school. The majority of doors only opened one way.... OUT. The other two doors required a buzzer system, and someone from the office would come to the door, see who you are and what you needed, then let you in, or not. A past, expelled student would never have been allowed into my school in 1997. Why is that different today?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: beeman] #6159351
02/16/18 04:01 AM
02/16/18 04:01 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: beeman

Absolutely. If one child in a school that has chosen not to take the necessary precautions of armed guards/teachers... dies... than that really sucks, but that is on that school district. MY right to own a gun that shoots 30 rounds that SAVES my 2-4-6 children at home when a home invader breaks in... is more important to me.

If you are concerned about your children at school... and you should be... I suggest pulling them out and moving them into a private school that utilizes armed guards.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 02/16/18 04:04 AM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159369
02/16/18 07:31 AM
02/16/18 07:31 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Your kid is probably safer at a public school without armed guards than when mommy drives them someplace in the city. Vehicles are far more likely to kill you than a lunatic with a firearm. The odds are even better if a person is not living a thug life.

Everyone (including me) keeps asking why when kids routinely brought firearms to school there were no school shootings. I believe the answer is pretty simple. Its because kids and staff both routinely brought guns to school. Today even a pocket knife is a crime. Seems like an ideal place for a coward to act tough to me........
Schools don't need armed security. It needs to be legal to be your own security again.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159376
02/16/18 07:47 AM
02/16/18 07:47 AM
ky
R
Redsleeves Offline
trapper
Redsleeves  Offline
trapper
R

ky
What I don't get is weres the conversation about ACTUAL prevention, if we had no guns this little freak would have still pulled this crap somehow,poison, bomb big jaked up truck in a crowed some how,if we take the guns away it'll all be ok!!? Theres no actual talk of prevention what's wrong with them kids theys 2 dozen that say they thought he would do this one day say somthin this PC crap is exactaly whats caused this, sounds like even some school admin new he was capable!!?
Theres no punishment for enythang eaither,he'll get off on insanity just like the freak in colorado, now he feels remorse? Crap on his remorse! 17 family's are torn apart and you fill remorse he needs his head sawd off with a dull knife!
The liberals resonpone to every thang is do nothin unless it furthers there agenda!
Freaks makeing threats! Don't hurt there feeling!
Illegals pooring into the country, there Dreamers
Possible terrorism around every corner,learn to live with it!
Selfish people who want attention after being useless there whole life kills somebody, take away guns!
People don't listen to the cops and get shot, get rid of the cops!
On and on

Colt

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159591
02/16/18 12:39 PM
02/16/18 12:39 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
In the wake of this week’s deadly Florida high school shooting, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel called out local lawmakers during a candlelight vigil for the victims, saying those who did not push for new gun laws "will not get reelected."

"If you're an elected official, and you want to keep things the way they are, and not do things differently, if you want to keep the gun laws as they are now, you will not get re-elected in Broward County,” Israel said Thursday night to cheers, as locals grieved the 17 victims killed a day earlier.

The vigil in Parkland, near the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, drew about 1,000 people and attendees at one point began chanting "No more guns! No more guns!", according to the Associated Press.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Marty] #6159597
02/16/18 12:47 PM
02/16/18 12:47 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Marty
In the wake of this week’s deadly Florida high school shooting, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel called out local lawmakers during a candlelight vigil for the victims, saying those who did not push for new gun laws "will not get reelected."

"If you're an elected official, and you want to keep things the way they are, and not do things differently, if you want to keep the gun laws as they are now, you will not get re-elected in Broward County,” Israel said Thursday night to cheers, as locals grieved the 17 victims killed a day earlier.

The vigil in Parkland, near the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, drew about 1,000 people and attendees at one point began chanting "No more guns! No more guns!", according to the Associated Press.

I may call down there and ask the sheriff what his plan is then.

I would really like someone to explain to me how they plan on getting guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally unstable individuals.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159601
02/16/18 12:56 PM
02/16/18 12:56 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Ok no one has ask this yet ,but HOW did he get into the school to start with? It was during class time, !!!!!!!!!!!! I worked for the local school system and ALL doors are locked during school hours. EVERYONE that didn't have a key had to enter into a forier and an electric lock had to be pressed to allow entry into the halls. HE WAS NOT A STUDENT THERE!!!!! Not going to bring anyone back or undo the results but HEADS SHOULD ROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159605
02/16/18 01:04 PM
02/16/18 01:04 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
I don't own an AR but I do own an "assault rifle". It was given to me when I was 9 or 10. It has a wood stock, with a squirrel engraved in it, is a deadly semi-auto rifle and holds a whopping 17 shots. It is a Marlin .22 LR squirrel gun, and I could have killed the same number of people, without reloading.

REALLY. Yote 30 You are more intelligent than that. A marlin 22 is not an assault rifle and is not as deadly as an AR -15 in 223. If it was why not just give our troops 22 rim fires.
Plus doubt it on the number of people unless they were in their sleep. Even then some may have survived the wound.

Not pointing fingers but when the libatards hear comments like this it gives them fuel to say WE as gun owners are so narrow minded about common sense gun usage.. Just saying
JEFF BYRD

Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: jbyrd63] #6159693
02/16/18 02:57 PM
02/16/18 02:57 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63

REALLY. Yote 30 You are more intelligent than that. A marlin 22 is not an assault rifle and is not as deadly as an AR -15 in 223. If it was why not just give our troops 22 rim fires.
Plus doubt it on the number of people unless they were in their sleep. Even then some may have survived the wound.

Not pointing fingers but when the libatards hear comments like this it gives them fuel to say WE as gun owners are so narrow minded about common sense gun usage.. Just saying
JEFF BYRD

It appears the point of my post went over your head. Who came up with the term assault rifle anyways? That's not what AR stands for. When the liberals talk about banning assault rifles, many of the things they propose doing would outlaw that Marlin squirrel gun right alongside those scary AR-15s. Look at the legislation NY passed. A veteran out there just got arrested for having pistol clips in his trunk that held more than 10 rounds. He didn't even have the gun in the car.

I thought our troops rifles were capable of automatic fire? Those are already illegal here.

My point is, where does it stop? First we banned automatic rifles. Now say they want to ban semi-autos capable of shooting 30 rounds. Then the next week someone uses a semi-auto and a pocket full of 10 round clips. Well, now we better ban any semi-auto capable of shooting 10 rounds and that will take out a bunch of pistols, Ruger 10/22s and that squirrel gun.

I just can't believe so many people on here don't seem to realize that it is NOT a gun problem. It's a societal problem.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159707
02/16/18 03:15 PM
02/16/18 03:15 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
My point obviously went over your head. My point is comparing a 22 squirrel rifle to a 223 AR is ridiculous regardless of who or what party wants to do it. You are proving the lefts side when you yourself are saying that you could do as much damage with the marlin as was done with the AR. Just saying be careful when YOU want to declare they are the same but jump up and down when the liberals want to lump them together.
Yes our troops are fully auto. BUT really why does someone need a clip that holds 30 rounds ???? Use common sense. What is the mag limit on center fire hunting rifles in your state?

Last edited by jbyrd63; 02/16/18 03:16 PM.
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159731
02/16/18 03:53 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
There are no caliber or magazine restrictions on center fire hunting rifles in my state.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159732
Wright county, Minnesota
Birch Tree Offline
trapper
Birch Tree  Offline
trapper

Wright county, Minnesota
The problem isn't nearly as big as they claim it to be. In 1970 the murder rate was the same as it is today about 17000 last year (same in 1970) and we only had 180 million people 47 years ago and now we have 320 million. They just want to get a foothold on taking any guns away so that can set a legal precedence for eventually taking all of them away.

Too many people want the government to make them feel safe but have no idea how dumb that idea is. If the government is to make you feel safe then they need unfettered access to every part of your life and they have no right to any part of your life unless you sign a contract to serve in the military period!

My family's and my own security is solely my responsibility and I can't perform my duties to my family in that regard without one of the most important tools available to us, the guns. I usually do not worry about a single intruder where I live (most of the time) but I worry the most about the government and its jackbooted thug proxy who think I am a sheep to be sheered (I am not). I am not an anti-government person, I served in the Army and I believe that we need our government to do its job but within the confines of the greatest document ever published (after the Bible), the Constitution of these United States and people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and most of our politicians today are a very real threat to our country. In other words, it is the people running the government that is the threat, not our type of government.

Even if the Supreme Court were to rule saying the government can take our guns, no matter who was in control, it would be an illegal order/law and we are bound by our Constitution to ignore that ruling/law as if it were never written/passed etc. I will never give up my guns regardless of any event or law or ruling, it is my sworn duty within the scope of my Oath that I swore to the United States of America and my fellow citizens to protect Her and them.

Mark Skokan, Buffalo MN.

MTA and NTA Member.
Re: Are AR-15s the next Bump Stock? [Re: Ouananiche] #6159752
02/16/18 04:29 PM
02/16/18 04:29 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
If you want to conquer white folks its best to disarm them first.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread