No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Se Missouri beaver trapper wanted [Re: ajw78] #6163007
02/19/18 05:51 PM
02/19/18 05:51 PM
Chandler,Indiana USA
N
Netman Offline
trapper
Netman  Offline
trapper
N

Chandler,Indiana USA
I have traded trapping for hunting and fishing rights with no money exchanging hands. I prefer that with land owners. I trap muskrat in a high dollar residential area. I charged $25 a rat and $60.00 a week for fuel . People gladly pay me. It just rattled my chain when someone wants you to trap their property for the fur only. When I was younger and dumber it was okay as fur prices were significantly higher in value. I’ve done all kinds of charity trapping over the years and still do some. But when someone owns thousands of acres in the best waterfowling area in the USA and charges top dollar for duck hunting he can pull his alligator arms out long enough and pay someone to trap them beavers.

Re: Se Missouri beaver trapper wanted [Re: Michael Morris] #6163030
02/19/18 06:17 PM
02/19/18 06:17 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Michael Morris
I really hate to come on here and be negative, there is enough negativity on this site already, BUT this is a problem that I have ran into many times in Missouri. The thought of paying a trapper is often scoffed at, and I have had noses turned up at me when I mention it. Why is this? If you have a backed up sewage pipe would you expect the plumber to come in and fix your problem for free? When your car breaks down does the mechanic repair it free of charge? Why is the service of trapping problem critters any less than any other service? Now it's said this guy is filthy rich, but yet no mention of paying for removal?

One of the best things I was ever told, by a great trapper, was this "Do not use your time and money to fix their problem" That's good advice not only in trapping, but life in general. Even if he gets backhoe going, he's gonna be tearing out those damns every other week. Spending his time and money to prolong his agony.

I hope he gets his issue fixed, but refusal to pay can complicate things and make them harder than they need to be. #1 he probably won't get an experienced trapper to do it, and then problem #2, now there's potential for joe blow down the street to be educating these beavers and making the job that much harder and more expensive when he does decide to do it right and pay an experienced trapper. As they say, money talks, bull spit walks.
Nothing negative here that I can see. Truth is always a positive.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread