No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: School threats increase [Re: Ole] #6166539
02/22/18 05:25 PM
02/22/18 05:25 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Ole
Bad parenting doesn't make a kid buy a gun and go kill classmates!

Agreed. Some kids may just have bad wiring. I've seen good folks turn out bad kids...

But parental involvement and guidance might stem the tide.

And I know college educated people with good jobs who have the social justice warrior mentality. They're good providers, but everything is perceived as oppression and everyone else is at fault... They pass that on to their kids... Perhaps some of these kids feel they are entitled to enact revenge on every perceived slight or "injustice" they experience.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166572
02/22/18 05:55 PM
02/22/18 05:55 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
there have been parents that neglected their kids or physically ,mentally or sexually abbused their kids forever. there have been semi auto assault rifles for many years . there have been wholesale addhd medicating going on since the early 90's .

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166632
02/22/18 07:02 PM
02/22/18 07:02 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Originally Posted By: Ole
Bad parenting doesn't make a kid buy a gun and go kill classmates!

Bet it doesn't help . BUT THE POST WAS about kids calling in threats just for kicks. Happening everyday around here.

Yes, kill the parents on the spot or Put them in jail. Then the state can finish out the kids. Lol. With my money. Brilliant.

Hold the kid responsible. They did it, they can eat it.

Good lord.

Will my toes ever warm up?

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Bigfoot] #6166635
02/22/18 07:05 PM
02/22/18 07:05 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Originally Posted By: Bigfoot
there have been parents that neglected their kids or physically ,mentally or sexually abbused their kids forever. there have been semi auto assault rifles for many years . there have been wholesale addhd medicating going on since the early 90's .

That's right. They get a little unruly in school or at home you can't discipline them. someone convinces the parents the kid needs pills. If the parents don't get the pills? Bad parents. Bullcrap on the pills.

Tim Henry.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166674
02/22/18 07:40 PM
02/22/18 07:40 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
7 arrests made in nm last night for school threats even some of them say it was a joke now they face felonies

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166820
02/22/18 09:18 PM
02/22/18 09:18 PM
Northern MI
P
paradork Offline
trapper
paradork  Offline
trapper
P

Northern MI
My mother is a 30 year teacher. Thank God she's looking at retirement. The stories she has, I'd like her to write a book. I can't believe kids parents anymore. I'm 30, and still afraid to upset my parents in any way. That's what we lost with the school age generation. I had plenty of education growing up, something kids today don't understand.

Don't do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics. I do appreciate a good story tho.
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166859
02/22/18 09:44 PM
02/22/18 09:44 PM
Northern MI
P
paradork Offline
trapper
paradork  Offline
trapper
P

Northern MI
Can't remember the year, probably mid 90 I was in class at a Catholic school. We had a special individual that was always trouble. He made a threat one day. The principal came for him, you could tell the principal was upset. The kid knew what it was about and tried the you can't catch me in the classroom. The principal ended up picking up a desk and throwing it at him. The whole classroom was tore up. I won't say what happened when he caught the kid but it was a real education. The kid wasn't welcome in another school. That's what we need

Don't do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics. I do appreciate a good story tho.
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166998
02/22/18 11:09 PM
02/22/18 11:09 PM
Western pa
F
frank1969 Offline
trapper
frank1969  Offline
trapper
F

Western pa
Had one today at our school the child threatened to shoot up the school then blow it up, local law found a kill list in his pocket and video on some site them kids use of him practice rapid fire with a 9 mm and other guns, this is out of hand. Now these kids need to be made an example of I'm sorry I'd had enough.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167034
02/22/18 11:29 PM
02/22/18 11:29 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
8 years of catholic school, my parents didn't need to smack me up. There were nuns everywhere with erasers and sticks just waiting to use them on someone. LOL! I gotta say, once I got a taste of freedom at a public school, I turned bad and made all kinds of trouble. It wasnt until after boot camp that I got my head and butt wired back together again. Beatings only work while the one holding the stick are watching. Give a kid something to believe in, and he wont dishonor himself.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167097
02/23/18 12:36 AM
02/23/18 12:36 AM
iowa
bankrunner Offline
trapper
bankrunner  Offline
trapper

iowa
Just heard on 10 o clock news school cancelled tomorrow here in Iowa at Dubuque Senior for threats of school shootings.

Re: School threats increase [Re: adam m] #6167186
02/23/18 07:41 AM
02/23/18 07:41 AM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Originally Posted By: adam m
7 arrests made in nm last night for school threats even some of them say it was a joke now they face felonies

They should. Not a funny joke at all.

Tim Henry.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6167190
02/23/18 07:48 AM
02/23/18 07:48 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted By: Kansas Rook
I have a brother that has routinely gotten into trouble with the law. We were raised in the same home with two parents who loved us and disciplined us routinely. We were brought up going to church and taught the value of hard work and responsibility. My folks raised us to make quality decisions. My brother has not made quality decisions. To say that parents should be disciplined for the decisions their children make is a ludicrous argument! Obviously each situation is different but it’s these types of hasty generalizations that simply pit people against each other.

Just my 2 cents
Obviously the spoiled favorite kid.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Marty] #6167209
02/23/18 08:20 AM
02/23/18 08:20 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
I raise mine, and it's a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) of a lot of work!

Originally Posted By: Marty
Parents do not really raise the kids anymore, for the most part......ymmv.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: School threats increase [Re: bowhunter27295] #6167211
02/23/18 08:26 AM
02/23/18 08:26 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
I agree with this, some one will be screaming their second amendment rights are being trampled though!

We live in a culture which glorifies violence. Threats need to be taken very seriously with serious consequences. Also, the media attention these depraved mass murderers who commit these crimes needs to end. Mayby don't use their name, don't show their face, don't give them the notoriety they crave and seek by doing these acts. Most (if not all) school shooters are obsessed with and read about other school shootings.

Originally Posted By: bowhunter27295
Originally Posted By: frank1969
Had one today at our school the child threatened to shoot up the school then blow it up, local law found a kill list in his pocket and video on some site them kids use of him practice rapid fire with a 9 mm and other guns, this is out of hand. Now these kids need to be made an example of I'm sorry I'd had enough.

He needs to be kicked out of school and sent to juvie until finished with his education. Intervention with parents to see what kind of home life he has. Help parents as much as possible. Unable to legally purchase firearms ever.

There has to be an example and it must be very harsh.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167240
02/23/18 09:05 AM
02/23/18 09:05 AM
Millville, Pennsylvania
Fairchild #17 Offline
trapper
Fairchild #17  Offline
trapper

Millville, Pennsylvania
Here in Ky we are averaging 2-3 a day of idiot kids calling in threats. Some are posting on social media. They have arrested a bunch. BUT IF THEY WANT TO STOP IT ARREST THE PARENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All it would take is throw mom and or dad in jail one time and it would end. If it got out that the parents had to bear some responsibility of the actions little johnny or Susie wouldn't be so fast to pull a prank.

Totally ridiculous notion.

The vast majority of kids that take idiocracy to this level have zero respect for authority, and that includes their parents. They likely despise and resent their parents.

Now, let these kids know that if they do something stupid their Mom and Dad will go to jail.......just what do you suppose the outcome of that might be?
There will be an immediate up-tick in the number of violent threats and violent acts carried out just to spite their parents.

So Dad is a senior mechanic that works 60 hours a week. Mom is an successful engineer who provides a very comfortable living for her kids. They instill discipline, love and religion into their kids.
3 out of 4 kids are well adjusted angels, but little Johnny is a holy terror.
Johnny calls in a bomb threat to get out of a Friday exam.
And it's Mom and Dad's fault???

You are teaching the kid that he's not responsible for his own thoughts and actions?
Somebody else will clean up your messes?
You can keep your freedom, we'll take somebody else's away?

Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good 'ol boy.
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167245
02/23/18 09:07 AM
02/23/18 09:07 AM
Millville, Pennsylvania
Fairchild #17 Offline
trapper
Fairchild #17  Offline
trapper

Millville, Pennsylvania
3 of our local schools had shoot em' up threats yesterday alone.

I know 2 of 3 were already caught. Not sure how they were handled yet.

Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good 'ol boy.
Re: School threats increase [Re: Fairchild #17] #6167347
02/23/18 10:41 AM
02/23/18 10:41 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: Fairchild #17
Here in Ky we are averaging 2-3 a day of idiot kids calling in threats. Some are posting on social media. They have arrested a bunch. BUT IF THEY WANT TO STOP IT ARREST THE PARENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All it would take is throw mom and or dad in jail one time and it would end. If it got out that the parents had to bear some responsibility of the actions little johnny or Susie wouldn't be so fast to pull a prank.

Totally ridiculous notion.

The vast majority of kids that take idiocracy to this level have zero respect for authority, and that includes their parents. They likely despise and resent their parents.

Now, let these kids know that if they do something stupid their Mom and Dad will go to jail.......just what do you suppose the outcome of that might be?
There will be an immediate up-tick in the number of violent threats and violent acts carried out just to spite their parents.

So Dad is a senior mechanic that works 60 hours a week. Mom is an successful engineer who provides a very comfortable living for her kids. They instill discipline, love and religion into their kids.
3 out of 4 kids are well adjusted angels, but little Johnny is a holy terror.
Johnny calls in a bomb threat to get out of a Friday exam.
And it's Mom and Dad's fault???

You are teaching the kid that he's not responsible for his own thoughts and actions?
Somebody else will clean up your messes?
You can keep your freedom, we'll take somebody else's away?

LOL you guys still crack me up . OK let me get this straight. Little Johnny misses school and IN KY after so many days (truancy) the parents get hauled into court. BUT let little johnny make a felony threat and it has nothing to do with HOW OR WHAT his parents do.. Yea right. MY point is that if one set of parents had to go to court they would be more involved in what johnny is doing. Many a kid has been sent to a group home after the parents got called into court because johnny missed !!!!!!!!!

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167353
02/23/18 10:46 AM
02/23/18 10:46 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Why is school attendance mandatory? Shouldn't it be up to parents and the kid? What good is accomplished by forcing the kid of dead beat parents to go to a school where the kid doesn't want to be? The parents don't care one way or the other. The little hellion will just disrupt the educating of those who choose it.

Liberty. Coming to a city near you!

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6167355
02/23/18 10:47 AM
02/23/18 10:47 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Plus your example just proves my point even more. Parents working 60 hours a week means little johnny raising himself !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jbyrd63; 02/23/18 10:48 AM.
Re: School threats increase [Re: danny clifton] #6167362
02/23/18 10:53 AM
02/23/18 10:53 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
Why is school attendance mandatory? Shouldn't it be up to parents and the kid? What good is accomplished by forcing the kid of dead beat parents to go to a school where the kid doesn't want to be? The parents don't care one way or the other. The little hellion will just disrupt the educating of those who choose it.

Liberty. Coming to a city near you!

Ok uuugh maybe because it is the law? Lot like paying your taxes. Leaving things "up to the parents" is why we have so many issues today. The "parents" are too busy to even know what they're up to. Out of sight out of mind Parenting 101 in the 21st century. Sad but true!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread