No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
HOW DO YOU TAN HIDES? #6176032
03/02/18 10:40 PM
03/02/18 10:40 PM
Missouri, USA
Pofarmer10 Offline OP
trapper
Pofarmer10  Offline OP
trapper

Missouri, USA
Im tanning my first hide(using the trappers tanning formula) and am wondering how make it smell nice. It dont bother me that much but keeping peace in the house is more important than putting it in my room. So there for I need to find a method of refreshment laugh Can I wash it in Dawn soap, shampoo? It said on the instructions after tanning you can use leather softening products thought that would take some out but the hair will still smell like fishy otter.

P.S. I now most just dry and sell but for the few that tan. grin

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti
Re: HOW DO YOU TAN HIDES? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6176051
03/02/18 10:52 PM
03/02/18 10:52 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Throw your tanned fur in the dryer on the delicate cycle with no heat, and throw in a couple bounce sheets. Leave it in there till it doesn’t smell like tanning chemicals anymore.

Cold as ice!
Re: HOW DO YOU TAN HIDES? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6176160
03/03/18 12:41 AM
03/03/18 12:41 AM
IDAHO
I
idahome Offline
trapper
idahome  Offline
trapper
I

IDAHO