No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Yes sir] #6221437
04/19/18 07:42 AM
04/19/18 07:42 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
Originally Posted By: Lugnut
I don't understand how anyone capable of critical thought can deny evolution exists. It's obvious and there are myriad examples of different species evolving.

I personally believe some sort of higher power exists and intervened in some way to begin life on this planet. Life that has been evolving since. Evolution and divine intervention make a great deal of sense to me.

I am very skeptical of creationism as explained in various religious tomes.

I think evolution within a species and evolution into a different species are two different things. One I get, one I don't get

I understand what your saying and it's a good point.

That inter-specie evolution exists is, in my opinion, undeniable. To accept the possibility that a specie can evolve into an entirely different specie takes a lot more thought. For instance, as someone mentioned above, the possibility that a dog could evolve into a cat just isn't plausible. It would mean evolving out of not only the taxonomic ranks of specie and genus but family as well; Canidae to Felidae. I know of no examples where any specie has ever done that.

The argument that man evolved from lower primates is believable to me. It involves inter-genus/specie evolution within the same family; Hominidae.

Eh...wot?

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221450
04/19/18 07:59 AM
04/19/18 07:59 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
I'm BATMAN,not sure how it happened.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221451
04/19/18 08:00 AM
04/19/18 08:00 AM
S. Texas
T
Txcoonman Offline
trapper
Txcoonman  Offline
trapper
T

S. Texas
I think some of you guys missed out on the adaptation and natural selection lessons in biology. Things don’t just magically turn into something else. This is A fact, things adapt to suit their environments and the strongest most suitable candidates survive and pass on dna. You can witness this within isolated populations of animals, it happens. So if these traits can happen and I’ve much shorter periods of time say a few thousand years. Look at humans from 1800 to right now, lot different. That’s adaptation. Over billions of years of adaptation and natural selection that Organism has evolved into something totally different then what it started to be. We didn’t come from monkeys. Monkeys are monkeys, apes are apes. You can’t jump around on the classification chart you just adapt. Humans are hominids. Apes and monkeys simply cannot be what we are. There’s my two sense from a biology major standpoint.

Ow on the other hand, I’ve been babtized, went through conformation in the church. And go to church with the family on Sunday. Sometimes what the pastor says hits you right where it needs to. I enjoy going to church and it instills a great morality and guidelines of a healthy home and lifestyle. I think some of the stuff in the Bible is a little far fetched and find it hard to believe that we were all just placed here but you can’t tell someone not to believe. You can’t intervene with faith. You have to believe in something right. So I find it that those who are extremely one sided on the subject are closed to minded to the whole thing. Who knows, whole lotta stuff out there that no one knows anything about.

Texas fur and skull buyer
Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221454
04/19/18 08:05 AM
04/19/18 08:05 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
At what point did evolution stop, or can you prove it is still going on, and what direction are we evolving. Evolution would be harder to prove than "global warming".

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221469
04/19/18 08:22 AM
04/19/18 08:22 AM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Perry, NY
I see no reason that the two theories can't go hand in hand. My belief is that a creator used evolution to create a ever changing masterpiece.

As mentioned by Txcoonman it seems as though most do not even understand basic evolution. It works sort of like this... One monkey is born with a unusual defect, lets say it's a more upright stance than normal. This allows it to have a slight advantage in some way in the environment in which it lives. Because of this advantage other monkeys find it to be a superior mate and it is more successful at reproducing and passes on this advantageous defect. Over time the defect becomes more and more common until it is the norm in a population. Once one of these traits makes significant differences to the population you could indeed have a new species.

The monkeys that were part of a different population (either from a different area or just didn't happen to obtain this new trait for one reason or another) still continue to be the same old monkeys. Evolution doesn't end one species and start another, it takes one individual and builds a new species from there.

I hope that makes sense.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221474
04/19/18 08:24 AM
04/19/18 08:24 AM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
One aspect that is overlooked in this discussion, is what are the implications/ramifications of whichever side I choose to believe? We complain about society, but doesn't the current state of affairs result from it's belief system?

Evolution:
- I am a random, transitional being- my value is derived from only what I can accomplish in my short time here. In the big scope of things, I am meaningless. I am a link in a never ending chain.
-Survival of the fittest dictates that I must do all in my power to propagate my own "species". If I contain the next level of DNA in the evolution chain, it is incumbent that I strive to not only promote my own legacy, but I must also allow/cause the demise of the weaker DNA
- The only law I need to follow is the law of the jungle- what pleases me, what promotes me. If you have something I want or need, and I am the stronger, I can take it.
- I have no accountability, except to myself. The only value others have, is in what they can do for me.

Creationism
- I am a special creation of a Higher Being, and that gives me inherent worth and purpose.
- I am responsible and accountable to the One Who created me. (He owns me.)
- The law I follow, is the law that my Creator established and gave me, and I must find that law, learn that law, and obey that law, because I will be held accountable to it.
- I understand that everyone else is also a special creation, and that they have inherent worth and purpose.
- I realize that there is an end game, and that the short time I have on this planet, has implications into the unseen future.

Last edited by RKG; 04/19/18 08:36 AM.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Dana I] #6221497
04/19/18 08:55 AM
04/19/18 08:55 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: Dana I
I see no reason that the two theories can't go hand in hand. My belief is that a creator used evolution to create a ever changing masterpiece.

As mentioned by Txcoonman it seems as though most do not even understand basic evolution. It works sort of like this... One monkey is born with a unusual defect, lets say it's a more upright stance than normal. This allows it to have a slight advantage in some way in the environment in which it lives. Because of this advantage other monkeys find it to be a superior mate and it is more successful at reproducing and passes on this advantageous defect. Over time the defect becomes more and more common until it is the norm in a population. Once one of these traits makes significant differences to the population you could indeed have a new species. When 6'6" football players find a mate that is 6' and they have children is that a new species? Asking for a friend.

The monkeys that were part of a different population (either from a different area or just didn't happen to obtain this new trait for one reason or another) still continue to be the same old monkeys. Evolution doesn't end one species and start another, it takes one individual and builds a new species from there.

I hope that makes sense.

-Goofy-
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Diggerman] #6221583
04/19/18 10:53 AM
04/19/18 10:53 AM
North Dakota
Cole semo Offline
trapper
Cole semo  Offline
trapper

North Dakota
Originally Posted By: Diggerman
At what point did evolution stop, or can you prove it is still going on, and what direction are we evolving. Evolution would be harder to prove than "global warming".

It is and will forever be ongoing.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221606
04/19/18 11:35 AM
04/19/18 11:35 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
There has always been and there will always be more questions than answers. Somethings can not be known with 100% certainty. I believe this to be one of them. Not loosing any sleep over it, I'm happy with who I am and hopefully you are to.

Peace be with you.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: pass-thru] #6221607
04/19/18 11:38 AM
04/19/18 11:38 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: pass-thru
If you don't believe in evolution, how do you explain the fossil record that supports it? How did so many races of people come from just Adam and Eve?

The bible explains the different races of many people and the reason for it. No idea what fossil records you're referring to that you think support evolution. I believe there were two great floods. The first wiped out the first man which wasn't Adam & Eve. The earth after Adam and Eve is about 5-6,000 years, but much older prior to that. This was the time of the dinosaurs and original man.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221615
04/19/18 12:09 PM
04/19/18 12:09 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Only one problem with elvolution DNA
DNA ,monkeys don't have the same DNA as we do.. so no elvolution.
Or does other animals DNA match. Horses.cows.dogs,cats
Lizards.birds ect,etc,ect.. if we all came from one organism we would all have the same DNA..
Can any of you show me one animal that has or is evolving?
God created everything we see and touch and the things we don't . The Bible proves that out.
Go read it if you don't believe me.....

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: RKG] #6221624
04/19/18 12:23 PM
04/19/18 12:23 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted By: RKG
One aspect that is overlooked in this discussion, is what are the implications/ramifications of whichever side I choose to believe? We complain about society, but doesn't the current state of affairs result from it's belief system?

Evolution:
... it is incumbent that I strive to not only promote my own legacy, but I must also allow/cause the demise of the weaker DNA

Yes. That would be the logical conclusion to reach. The Germans and Japanese came to that conclusion in the 1930's. Or course, some in the USA used the same logic when starting our own Eugenics programs. Fun stuff!

Originally Posted By: RKG
- The only law I need to follow is the law of the jungle- what pleases me, what promotes me. If you have something I want or need, and I am the stronger, I can take it.
- I have no accountability, except to myself. The only value others have, is in what they can do for me.

The evolutionists now have a bunch of cockamamie explanations for the evolutionary origins of "altruism" and why organisms with innate altruism are more successful than those without. They are a pretty "creative" bunch in their own right.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: grisseldog] #6221639
04/19/18 12:55 PM
04/19/18 12:55 PM
S. Texas
T
Txcoonman Offline
trapper
Txcoonman  Offline
trapper
T

S. Texas
Originally Posted By: grisseldog
Only one problem with elvolution DNA
DNA ,monkeys don't have the same DNA as we do.. so no elvolution.
Or does other animals DNA match. Horses.cows.dogs,cats
Lizards.birds ect,etc,ect.. if we all came from one organism we would all have the same DNA..
Can any of you show me one animal that has or is evolving?
God created everything we see and touch and the things we don't . The Bible proves that out.
Go read it if you don't believe me.....

The dna never changes, that organism adapts and changes over time. Evolution is not is not an organism changing into something else but “evolving” traits the better suit that organism to survive.

Monkeys will always be monkeys
Apes will always be apes
Humans are hominids, so follow the lineage as far as you can for the hominidae and that’s where we started

Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221646
04/19/18 01:09 PM
04/19/18 01:09 PM
S. Texas
T
Txcoonman Offline
trapper
Txcoonman  Offline
trapper
T

S. Texas
This is the primate classification chart. We didn’t come from monkeys or apes, we are all primates so we’re are all in the same order then everything is separated from there. One can’t be the other, ever. Hope this helps

Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Txcoonman] #6221648
04/19/18 01:20 PM
04/19/18 01:20 PM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Originally Posted By: Txcoonman
This is the primate classification chart. We didn’t come from monkeys or apes, we are all primates so we’re are all in the same order then everything is separated from there. One can’t be the other, ever. Hope this helps

Ummm, no. That don't help. According to this theory if you trace this chart back further, to the beginning, you find a rock. And this rock has some sort of reaction. And a single cell develops. A rock is our common ancestor in the beginning. So no, it don't help.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221652
04/19/18 01:26 PM
04/19/18 01:26 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
Isn’t their still a gap in the fossil record between ape like man and the man of today ?

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Golf ball] #6221672
04/19/18 02:15 PM
04/19/18 02:15 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted By: Golf ball
Isn’t their still a gap in the fossil record between ape like man and the man of today ?

Yes. Lots of contradictions in the fossil record.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221673
04/19/18 02:18 PM
04/19/18 02:18 PM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
There are 3 fundamental questions that every belief system has to address:

Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?

Most people are quick to want to interject opinion on the first question, but ignore the equally as important, other 2. It usually isn't until man is moments away from experiencing the reality of question #3, that he discovers his opinion about the first means nothing, and that now there is absolutely nothing he can do about the second one.

The question of "Where did I come from?" must be answered in conjunction with "Why am I here?", and those 2 together must address "Where am I going?".

The mere knowledge of "Where did I come from?" pales to the question of "Why am I here?". Yet, "Why am I here?" is only discoverable in a determination of "Where did I come from?" Only when those two are addressed and in harmony, can one include and suggest an answer for "Where am I going?"

Nevertheless, the 3 are so intertwined, they cannot be separated, and a discussion of one, while avoiding the other two, is an effort in futility.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221678
04/19/18 02:27 PM
04/19/18 02:27 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
That’s deep RKG , real deep !

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221687
04/19/18 02:39 PM
04/19/18 02:39 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
I would hate to think these 70 or so years here on this earth is all I've got to look forward too. That would be depressing. I'm glad I have faith and hope

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread