No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231484
05/02/18 01:05 PM
05/02/18 01:05 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
There has to be “reasonableness” on both sides of the issue of guns. I don’t sense a lot of this on Tman. Everybody wants access to “assault” type weapons. Lots of people are seeking silencer information as if it’s a necessity for shooting game. The whole idea that “ da gobermint is gonna take our guns and dissolve the second amendment” seems alive and well toooooo often on Tman. I JUST don’t understand this attitude by what I assumed were educated people. Guess I was wrong.

Some history to think about:
1). Back in the 1980s the federal govt opened the doors of state hospitals and other treatment facilities leaving tens of thousands of mentally challenged, schizophrenic, severely depressed, Lewy-body dementia stricken individuals and a plethora of others out on the streets. The rights of these individuals were not to be trampled upon even if it meant the rest of us could be harmed. Getting someone “committed” to a care facility was no longer possible unless the individual consented to the treatment.
2). I took my carry permit class a couple years ago. At that time, Obama was president. I remember the run on guns that was caused by the suggestion that the govt was going to ban certain weapons. Our instructor gave us the gun purchase statistics which said over 65,000,000 guns had been purchased while Obama was president. That represents 20% of the US population buying guns though it doesn’t actually equate to that. I saw a statistic put out by the Justice Department the other day that suggested there are well over 200,000,000 guns in the hands of Americans today. And if this statistic is off by 50% it’s still over 100,000,000 guns in the hands of private individuals in America today.

When is enough, enough? I’m not anti-gun ownership. But I’m against the drumbeat that says we can never have enough and the idea that Everybody has the right to bear arms. In my humble opinion there’s enough fire power in the hands of our organized professional law enforcement and military to protect us. Since I don’t watch “zombie apocalypse” or “aliens are coming to suck our brains and take away our freedoms” movies, I don’t believe there will ever be a time when we’ll have to form a neighborhood militia. And for the record, I don’t believe my city council will ask me to turn in my two .22 caliber revolvers because the police feel I’m a threat to society, UNLESS by my actions, I’ve proven I’m not mentally balanced enough to own them.

Last edited by Teacher; 05/02/18 01:06 PM.

Never too old to learn
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231486
05/02/18 01:08 PM
05/02/18 01:08 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Yes, you couldn't be more wrong teacher.

It's pretty simple really.
One group wants to take your guns, one is defending them. I don't give a rats behind what other issues there are, that is plain fact.

The reason the gun grabbers have traction? Too many people think, "they really won't take them, i can vote for my union or whatnot." WRONG.

Last edited by hippie; 05/02/18 01:11 PM.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231494
05/02/18 01:17 PM
05/02/18 01:17 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: Teacher
There has to be “reasonableness” on both sides of the issue of guns. I don’t sense a lot of this on Tman. Everybody wants access to “assault” type weapons. Lots of people are seeking silencer information as if it’s a necessity for shooting game. The whole idea that “ da gobermint is gonna take our guns and dissolve the second amendment” seems alive and well toooooo often on Tman. I JUST don’t understand this attitude by what I assumed were educated people. Guess I was wrong.

1). Back in the 1980s the federal govt opened the doors of state hospitals and other treatment facilities leaving tens of thousands of mentally challenged, schizophrenic, severely depressed, Lewy-body dementia stricken individuals and a plethora of others out on the streets. The rights of these individuals were not to be trampled upon even if it meant the rest of us could be harmed. Getting someone “committed” to a care facility was no longer possible unless the individual consented to the treatment.
2). I took my carry permit class a couple years ago. At that time, Obama was president. I remember the run on guns that was caused by the suggestion that the govt was going to ban certain weapons. Our instructor gave us the gun purchase statistics which said over 65,000,000 guns had been purchased while Obama was president. That represents 20% of the US population buying guns though it doesn’t actually equate to that. I saw a statistic put out by the Justice Department the other day that suggested there are well over 200,000,000 guns in the hands of Americans today. And if this statistic is off by 50% it’s still over 100,000,000 guns in the hands of private individuals in America today.

When is enough, enough? I’m not anti-gun ownership. But I’m against the drumbeat that says we can never have enough and the idea that Everybody has the right to bear arms. In my humble opinion there’s enough fire power in the hands of our organized professional law enforcement and military to protect us. Since I don’t watch “zombie apocalypse” or “aliens are coming to suck our brains and take away our freedoms” movies, I don’t believe there will ever be a time when we’ll have to form a neighborhood militia. And for the record, I don’t believe my city council will ask me to turn in my two .22 caliber revolvers because the police feel I’m a threat to society, UNLESS by my actions, I’ve proven I’m not mentally balanced enough to own them.

The 2nd was set up to give us the right to protect ourselves against the very people YOU are trusting and relying upon to keep you and yours safe. When, not if, when they turn sour people like you will lose everything. I guess you don't care about our Constitution or protecting your own. Your way of thought on this subject matter is disturbing IMO.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231511
05/02/18 01:39 PM
05/02/18 01:39 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Here's another way to look at it Teach..........

Why do you vote Dem, for your union?

Seems unreasonable to me to vote Dem since the unions are still here after 100 years and the Rep. haven't killed them yet. (same reasoning?)

Ya have to decide which is more important to you, the constitution and the second amendment or a perk the union gets ya.

Last edited by hippie; 05/02/18 01:52 PM.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231525
05/02/18 01:50 PM
05/02/18 01:50 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231532
05/02/18 02:01 PM
05/02/18 02:01 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54

And this is what we allow to teach our kids!!!

Proof our school systems are failing.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231540
05/02/18 02:14 PM
05/02/18 02:14 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Teacher, I would urge you to do a little homework. Research AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR 1st responders when 911 is called.
Second assignment; research how many seconds elapse between home invasion until the next one occurs.
Third assignment; research court decisions stating that the police are not mandated by law to protect you or your possessions. I think if you honestly research these things you may begin to understand why some of US don't see what you insist are reasonable positions are reasonable at all. You have a bad case of head in the sanditis.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231547
05/02/18 02:38 PM
05/02/18 02:38 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
How about researching the 2nd amendment And why it's written.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231549
05/02/18 02:40 PM
05/02/18 02:40 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
And you, my friend, have not answered the question, “when is enough, enough?”

Never too old to learn
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231551
05/02/18 02:42 PM
05/02/18 02:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Every concealed carry class I attended said the reason to carry was to keep yourself alive in the event someone tried to take your life. They could take it in seconds even if you are armed. So, how is law enforcement going to save you based on that?

During Obama's presidency gun owners knew his stance on gun ownership. They bought up guns because they felt if ever there was a threat to gun ownership, it was during his presidency. I heard from a guy in Australia who said, they got too complacent when rumors abounded that there was a threat to take our guns. They kept saying it would never happen. You know the rest of that story.

Whenever there is an anti-gun president or leaders in charge, we must be vigilant and not take them lightly.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231553
05/02/18 02:44 PM
05/02/18 02:44 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Why don't you answer that question teach?
When do you have enough money to stop voting the way you do?

Just how many guns do YOU think is enough?

In the end, it all comes down to if you defend the second or not. It really is that simple! Doesn't matter if a guy has 1 gun or 100 guns, it's if you believe in the Constitution or not.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231559
05/02/18 02:49 PM
05/02/18 02:49 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54

That question needs to be asked to the party that you represent. They ignore laws already in place. They refuse to use systems in place. They allow criminal behaviour to go unpunished. They only care about their agenda on getting the guns.

If your party was not playing the games they were and still are some of the shootings would have been prevented.

I think you should start wondering why cause it's evident they don't care about the victims until they can use them for their agenda.

It's followers like you that has been brain washed beyond common sense.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231560
05/02/18 02:51 PM
05/02/18 02:51 PM
northern minnesota
B
beltrami trapper Offline
trapper
beltrami trapper  Offline
trapper
B

northern minnesota

So your answer is to stop producing guns because of a few whack jobs? Ok then...

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231573
05/02/18 03:07 PM
05/02/18 03:07 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
A older fellow who teaches firearm training with us must own a couple hundred guns. Probably 95% of them, he's never fired. Many can't be fired either because of Damascus barrel, no ammo available anymore, condition issues, etc.

He loves to bring some of his odd collection to show the kids every session. He often says, "I saw this unusual shotgun and decided I would like to add that to my collection. So, I did when I bought it." John has everything imaginable from a Thompson submachine gun replica to a 22 caliber shooting caseless ammo, to a 5 barreled pistol. As a show of authenticity, he brings the Thomson in a violin case. If you were to ask him, when is enough, enough? He might say when he feels like it or never.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Catch22] #6231576
05/02/18 03:09 PM
05/02/18 03:09 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted By: Catch22
...I also believe it's about globalism. We are the last of the mohican's so to speak and they need us to fall to accomplish OWO.

Couldn't agree more. For all President Trump's many and glaring faults, I believe he is fighting the globalists. That's the big overarching enemy that probably needs to be our top priority.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231596
05/02/18 03:26 PM
05/02/18 03:26 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
My answer is to be reasonable when it comes to guns. How sane was the shooter in Florida? Or at Sandy Hook, or at Columbine, or at the theater where Gabby Giffords was shot, or in Las Vegas shooting, or the gay night club shooting, or when president Reagan was shot, or when Martin Luther King was shot, or when Kennedy was shot, or when the any number of people are or were shot by people who legally or illegally got their hands on guns. Because they could.

I’m asking for a reasonable response to the complex question of gun control in the 21st century. Applying an amendment written when local militias served as the backbone of the standing army, doesn’t make sense. That, to me, is putting your head in the sand. What we need is open minds, willing to address today’s conditions, and a population willing to discuss (without threats) an outcome we can all agree upon.

Never too old to learn
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231603
05/02/18 03:32 PM
05/02/18 03:32 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I didn't expect you to answer any of your questions thrown back at ya. Typical leftist procedure.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231606
05/02/18 03:34 PM
05/02/18 03:34 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I take it you do agree the left is the group wanting to disarm us?
Haven't seen you dispute that.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231610
05/02/18 03:40 PM
05/02/18 03:40 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: hippie] #6231611
05/02/18 03:43 PM
05/02/18 03:43 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: hippie
I take it you do agree the left is the group wanting to disarm us?
Haven't seen you dispute that.

I have a friend who owns many guns and is a staunch democrat. He agrees wholeheartedly it's the democrats who want stiffer gun control and if they could would either register or confiscate your guns. But, his weak excuse is that it will never happen because the gun manufacturers are too powerful.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread