No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Hal] #6231622
05/02/18 03:49 PM
05/02/18 03:49 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted By: Hal

Your answer would be.....Who did he disarm?

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231625
05/02/18 03:56 PM
05/02/18 03:56 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Nope. That's a question.

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231627
05/02/18 03:58 PM
05/02/18 03:58 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Answer one, you answered both.

May not suit you, but you know.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231633
05/02/18 04:10 PM
05/02/18 04:10 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Teacher your question, when is enough, enough? Is easily answered, when I as a law abiding citizen say I am comfortable with what I have. I have been comfortable for some time now.
Let us ask the same exact question of the other side. There are literally thousands of laws already on the books, some "reasonable" some idiotic. And none of them are being played the slightest attention to by the bad guys.
So I ask you, when is enough, enough.
And as an aside. When you look in the book sent to FFL dealers by the BATF&E
that covers the laws that are set by STATES in addition to federal statutes why does NY need thirty pages single spaced and double sided. Illinois need twenty some odd. New Jersey couple dozen
to accomplish the same thing that WYOMING uses one HALF OF ONE PAGE ON ONE SIDE?
When is ENOUGH, ENOUGH.
I don't watch zombie apocalypse movies.
I don't pronounce government as gubbermnt
I do see a steadily increasing number of
sketchy individuals that I know from brief conversation would not hesitate to do whatever to secure their NEEDS.
And history is replete with examples of government runamuck.
I have a hard time believing an educated person (American) could be so ignorant regarding matters of such critical importance.
And then I think of my sister also a teacher, retired. And I think of my brother in law, a union worker, retired.
Both of these people hold opinions similar to you. Is it the liberal arts education my sister has? The union brainwashing my brother in-law got? Or both?

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231654
05/02/18 04:47 PM
05/02/18 04:47 PM
kansas
H
Hal Aggers Offline
trapper
Hal Aggers  Offline
trapper
H

kansas
Everyone of the shootings that have happened have been by people with mental issues there lies the problem not the guns.
Teacher if your figures are right that is a lot of law abiding citizens that mean no harm to you or yours or me.
Why have we never been attacked other than pearl harbor? Because they know we are a well armed militia.
Everybody in the city's seem to think all guns are for killing people why is that.
How many people die on the highway every day and they keep making these death machines when is enough enough. I would bet money that there are more children die in car wrecks than by guns but you send your children on there way everyday in a death machine.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231675
05/02/18 05:24 PM
05/02/18 05:24 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Originally Posted By: Teacher
My answer is to be reasonable when it comes to guns. How sane was the shooter in Florida? Or at Sandy Hook, or at Columbine, or at the theater where Gabby Giffords was shot, or in Las Vegas shooting, or the gay night club shooting, or when president Reagan was shot, or when Martin Luther King was shot, or when Kennedy was shot, or when the any number of people are or were shot by people who legally or illegally got their hands on guns. Because they could.

I’m asking for a reasonable response to the complex question of gun control in the 21st century. Applying an amendment written when local militias served as the backbone of the standing army, doesn’t make sense. That, to me, is putting your head in the sand. What we need is open minds, willing to address today’s conditions, and a population willing to discuss (without threats) an outcome we can all agree upon.

WAKE UP CALL TEACHER !!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 8 title 17 Wyoming state constitution. As a qualified resident of the state between the age of seventeen and seventy I AM AUTOMATICALLY PART OF THE STATE MILITIA.

I'm done with it. Must be a troll

Last edited by cmcf; 05/02/18 05:26 PM.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231677
05/02/18 05:25 PM
05/02/18 05:25 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
And you, my friend, have not answered the question, “when is enough, enough?”

I can tell you that. I have had about ENOUGH of your BS.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Scuba1] #6231681
05/02/18 05:29 PM
05/02/18 05:29 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: Scuba1

I can tell you that. I have had about ENOUGH of your BS.

grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231687
05/02/18 05:44 PM
05/02/18 05:44 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I think it is the same people that think is all right for coyotes to run free in the streets of CA and let Mountain lions kill people and do little about it. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231695
05/02/18 05:57 PM
05/02/18 05:57 PM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
There has to be “reasonableness” on both sides of the issue of guns. I don’t sense a lot of this on Tman. Everybody wants access to “assault” type weapons. Lots of people are seeking silencer information as if it’s a necessity for shooting game. The whole idea that “ da gobermint is gonna take our guns and dissolve the second amendment” seems alive and well toooooo often on Tman. I JUST don’t understand this attitude by what I assumed were educated people. Guess I was wrong.

Some history to think about:
1). Back in the 1980s the federal govt opened the doors of state hospitals and other treatment facilities leaving tens of thousands of mentally challenged, schizophrenic, severely depressed, Lewy-body dementia stricken individuals and a plethora of others out on the streets. The rights of these individuals were not to be trampled upon even if it meant the rest of us could be harmed. Getting someone “committed” to a care facility was no longer possible unless the individual consented to the treatment.
2). I took my carry permit class a couple years ago. At that time, Obama was president. I remember the run on guns that was caused by the suggestion that the govt was going to ban certain weapons. Our instructor gave us the gun purchase statistics which said over 65,000,000 guns had been purchased while Obama was president. That represents 20% of the US population buying guns though it doesn’t actually equate to that. I saw a statistic put out by the Justice Department the other day that suggested there are well over 200,000,000 guns in the hands of Americans today. And if this statistic is off by 50% it’s still over 100,000,000 guns in the hands of private individuals in America today.

When is enough, enough? I’m not anti-gun ownership. But I’m against the drumbeat that says we can never have enough and the idea that Everybody has the right to bear arms. In my humble opinion there’s enough fire power in the hands of our organized professional law enforcement and military to protect us. Since I don’t watch “zombie apocalypse” or “aliens are coming to suck our brains and take away our freedoms” movies, I don’t believe there will ever be a time when we’ll have to form a neighborhood militia. And for the record, I don’t believe my city council will ask me to turn in my two .22 caliber revolvers because the police feel I’m a threat to society, UNLESS by my actions, I’ve proven I’m not mentally balanced enough to own them.

lawd

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231698
05/02/18 06:00 PM
05/02/18 06:00 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
If a person is sane enough to own one gun them why does it matter if they have 100 guns. Your argument makes no sense

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231721
05/02/18 06:30 PM
05/02/18 06:30 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/01/gun-safe...turm-ruger.html

Wealthy people control big banks. That is a fact. Why are they so determined to disarm us? I don't have an answer but I believe the reason can't be good for everyday Americans who like freedom. its time to stand up. Demand the repeal of ALL firearm laws. People who are dangerous should stay in prison or mental hospitals.

Actually most of the big banks are owned by the public. Mostly through mutual funds and direct stock purchases.

Mean As Nails
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231723
05/02/18 06:32 PM
05/02/18 06:32 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
I find calling out one group or another as the reason for “gun control” as an excuse for not considering we need to do something to control the violence America has to endure because, or as a result of, the availability of firearms. It isn’t a Democrat thing. Or a Republican thing. Or a libtard thing or a conservative thing. It is an international embarrassment that we all have to endure, until we get a grip on mental health and guns. This goes beyond the singular idea on Tman that someone is going to take away our guns. This is about protecting America FROM its self-interests over the interests of the whole.

Never too old to learn
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: RM trapper] #6231724
05/02/18 06:34 PM
05/02/18 06:34 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: RM trapper
If a person is sane enough to own one gun them why does it matter if they have 100 guns. Your argument makes no sense

This guy gets it.

....because some wish to limit the freedoms of others.

I bet he has a book, or even 5 books. “Who really needs more than a couple books?” We need to get a handle on all of this education. There are people learning how to make bombs from books. For the love of man, let’s limit books to common sense numbers like 2 or 49. It’s for safety, and if you don’t get it, you must be against public safety.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231735
05/02/18 06:50 PM
05/02/18 06:50 PM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
I find calling out one group or another as the reason for “gun control” as an excuse for not considering we need to do something to control the violence America has to endure because, or as a result of, the availability of firearms. It isn’t a Democrat thing. Or a Republican thing. Or a libtard thing or a conservative thing. It is an international embarrassment that we all have to endure, until we get a grip on mental health and guns. This goes beyond the singular idea on Tman that someone is going to take away our guns. This is about protecting America FROM its self-interests over the interests of the whole.

Approx. 30,000 gun deaths a year, most of which are suicide. I believe 11,000 was the latest figure for non suicide gun deaths.

A little math:

350,000,000 population/30,000 gun deaths= .00008571 % of the population killed by a gun every year on average.

without suicides it looks like: 350,000,000 population/11,000 gun homicides or accidental deaths =.00003143% of the population killed in gun violence or accidents every year on average.

Those numbers destroy the "gun violence epidemic" myth currently being perpetuated.

While each one of those deaths is tragic and we should prevent every one we can, taking away or curtailing the ability of the 2nd Amendment to work as designed for the sake of .00003143% of the population on a yearly basis is ludicrous.

Last edited by ShaneT; 05/02/18 06:53 PM.

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: ShaneT] #6231743
05/02/18 06:57 PM
05/02/18 06:57 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted By: ShaneT
There has to be “reasonableness” on both sides of the issue of guns. I don’t sense a lot of this on Tman. Everybody wants access to “assault” type weapons. Lots of people are seeking silencer information as if it’s a necessity for shooting game. The whole idea that “ da gobermint is gonna take our guns and dissolve the second amendment” seems alive and well toooooo often on Tman. I JUST don’t understand this attitude by what I assumed were educated people. Guess I was wrong.

Some history to think about:
1). Back in the 1980s the federal govt opened the doors of state hospitals and other treatment facilities leaving tens of thousands of mentally challenged, schizophrenic, severely depressed, Lewy-body dementia stricken individuals and a plethora of others out on the streets. The rights of these individuals were not to be trampled upon even if it meant the rest of us could be harmed. Getting someone “committed” to a care facility was no longer possible unless the individual consented to the treatment.
2). I took my carry permit class a couple years ago. At that time, Obama was president. I remember the run on guns that was caused by the suggestion that the govt was going to ban certain weapons. Our instructor gave us the gun purchase statistics which said over 65,000,000 guns had been purchased while Obama was president. That represents 20% of the US population buying guns though it doesn’t actually equate to that. I saw a statistic put out by the Justice Department the other day that suggested there are well over 200,000,000 guns in the hands of Americans today. And if this statistic is off by 50% it’s still over 100,000,000 guns in the hands of private individuals in America today.

When is enough, enough? I’m not anti-gun ownership. But I’m against the drumbeat that says we can never have enough and the idea that Everybody has the right to bear arms. In my humble opinion there’s enough fire power in the hands of our organized professional law enforcement and military to protect us. Since I don’t watch “zombie apocalypse” or “aliens are coming to suck our brains and take away our freedoms” movies, I don’t believe there will ever be a time when we’ll have to form a neighborhood militia. And for the record, I don’t believe my city council will ask me to turn in my two .22 caliber revolvers because the police feel I’m a threat to society, UNLESS by my actions, I’ve proven I’m not mentally balanced enough to own them.

lawd

I have two shoot guns, and two rifles that belong to my dad. By a stroke of the pin now one of the rifles is considered and assault rifle. Looks and the list of assault weapons and what makes them assault weapons. It is amazing! In a great many cases the police come after the fact. I have had a home invasion. My 410 stop him from coming in, I call the police and the came and got him. If you feel safe enough good for you, but do not tell me how many guns I should have or not have. The odds are not in you favor of getting assaulted. By the way I have 12 fishing poles, and about 75 baits, so I have the upper hand on the fish. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231750
05/02/18 07:03 PM
05/02/18 07:03 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Teacher, you can trust in law enforcement to protect you. Me? I'm not going to. Not because I think they are incapable but because the nearest officer is 20 miles away.

As far as when is enough, enough? It's never enough. If I want to own 1 gun or a hundred why is it anyone's business.

When is enough gun control laws enough?

"Gold is money, everything else is just credit" JP Morgan
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231756
05/02/18 07:14 PM
05/02/18 07:14 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
By the way, even the Supreme Court gets it: Police (or like some like to call them—“Law Enforcement”) are NOT responsible for YOUR protection. YOU ARE.

Do what you want, but when you try to restrict MY RIGHTS, you’re on a fast track to losing friends, so when you come to a forum that believes the Founding Fathers got it right, maybe it’s YOU that got it WRONG.

That’s just how it is.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Teacher] #6231763
05/02/18 07:30 PM
05/02/18 07:30 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...

when governments adhere to the limits placed upon them by the US Constitution.

what does the Tenth Amendment say?

What does it mean?

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6231772
05/02/18 07:46 PM
05/02/18 07:46 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Teacher have you ever thought of a career change? I have heard through the grape vine that hey are looking for salespeople at Dicks in the Yeti cooler department. You would fit right in.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread