No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Tried my hand at Bait making #6241004
05/15/18 08:27 PM
05/15/18 08:27 PM
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline OP
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline OP
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62
I made some bait by grinding up Venison Liver, Muskrat gland, Castor and a few fox glands All tainted separately. then I added a little honey to it. I poked a Rebar stake hole in the yard and dropped about a bean size glob down the hole. Here is what my Mt. Cur thought about it.

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Re: Tried my hand at Bait making [Re: bic] #6241014
05/15/18 08:35 PM
05/15/18 08:35 PM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI
Looks like you are on to something there Bic! I would not of caught the guy because my trap would have been somewhere to the right of the middle and back of the two front paws.
Nice photo.

Zim

Re: Tried my hand at Bait making [Re: bic] #6241043
05/15/18 09:12 PM
05/15/18 09:12 PM
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline OP
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline OP
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62
Zim, Your trap placement would have been off Only because I punch the hole Straight down. That puts his front feet close to the hole. If I would have angled it like at a set, his front foot placement would have been back farther.

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread