No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6259249 - 06/13/18 02:07 PM Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation.
John Jr. Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
I am an instructor for the Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports Wildlife group. We have about 20 kids. Our group has some supplies but could use more. I am asking for any pelts that anyone would be willing to donate to the kids. Not high quality , just for identifying animals and the like. Thank you.

#6259469 - 06/13/18 10:07 PM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: John Jr.]
52Carl Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
Wish I had some to send.
I was a 4H rifle instructor for 7 years. It is the best youth development program going.

#6259471 - 06/13/18 10:09 PM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: John Jr.]
Law Dog Offline
trapper

Loc: Central, SD
PM me a address I have a couple of shooting bags I could send you! (trap shell bags)

Edited by Law Dog (06/13/18 10:10 PM)

Jerry Herbst

#6259634 - 06/14/18 06:29 AM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: John Jr.]
traprjohn Offline
trapper

Loc: Central NC
Have you asked your state assn officers.?...and FBU?...and FTA?...maybe NTA?...these orgs have officers that can often make these things happen.

#6259703 - 06/14/18 08:52 AM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: John Jr.]
160user Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: John Jr.
I am an instructor for the Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports Wildlife group. We have about 20 kids. Our group has some supplies but could use more. I am asking for any pelts that anyone would be willing to donate to the kids. Not high quality , just for identifying animals and the like. Thank you.

Have you contacted the MTA Tanned Fur Project and made a request?

#6259741 - 06/14/18 09:56 AM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: John Jr.]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

Loc: Green County Wisconsin
you may also want to check with your Minnesota DNR they may even have kits you can use. or animals you can have tanned that were confiscated.

I am also a 4-H shooting sports instructor we got a grant for a kit that has many pelts , most are small or what would sell as junk fur at auction , but the company that made the kits must have bought them low and tanned in big batches to make the kits affordable. I think maybe Acorn learning was were some of the stuff came from.

your state 4-H wildlife and coordinator instructor would also be a good resource , if Minn doesn't have such a resource I can get you in touch with the Wis state instructor he has a incredible amount of info on where he has found all of the WEP info and he documents it well.

I have some raccoons you could have int he freezer but your likely to have plenty of them already.

#6274415 - 07/07/18 11:35 AM Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. [Re: Law Dog]
John Jr. Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
I received the package today. Thank you very much.
John