Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: marten fisher weasel during seasons of high mast [Re: joepennanti] #6327417
09/17/18 06:24 PM
09/17/18 06:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

A good jackpot here gets lots of visitors all winter

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: marten fisher weasel during seasons of high mast [Re: The Beav] #6680789
12/01/19 07:44 PM
12/01/19 07:44 PM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

sometimes PA sometimes ME
Originally Posted by The Beav
I find It hard to get my head wrapped around Marten or fisher eating beech nuts.

I can see how the prey species eating on the mast crop can and will effect baited marten and fisher sets. But the actual eating of the mast by the marten or fisher seems questionable. But I guess you never know.

Aren't we trapping marten and fisher In the winter where the snow would have covered up all the mast and the target animals would be more inclined to work meat baits.

Beav, every stomach we've cut open this year has been full of berries and beech nuts. I have a half dozen or so fisher/marten killed this week that are still frozen. We have had a foot plus snow for the past two weeks and I'd guess I'll find berries & nuts in the stomachs. Side note, must have seen a dozen fisher tracks near sets today. Only one fisher was willing to work the set and get caught.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91